How to lay laminate on the floor with their hands
Laminate flooring has become popular because of the beautiful appearance, low price and quick installation. In this article you will be able to get acquainted with the technology of laying laminate and advice to care for him. Additionally, you can watch the video instructions on how to properly lay laminate own hands.
Before laying the laminate must be to ensure the following conditions:
- humidity in the room within 40-70%, temperature 15-30 ° C.
- Laminate flooring is possible only after 48 hours, after its storage in the room where it will be produced stowage.
- The spirit level, check the foundation for irregularities and changes.
- The base must be level and sturdy. It is impossible to produce a laying on an old cracked screed, wooden floors creaked.
- It is impossible to produce a laying as a finish coating on the electrical system of underfloor heating. You can read our article about laying laminate on the radiant floor heating.
- In choosing the material, pay attention to the integrity of the packages. Cork underlay for laying laminate
- Instructions for laying laminate with locks prevents its rigid attachment to the floor. No screws, nails or glue! The coating should be floating, so it is important to leave a gap of 10-15 mm perimeter of the room.
- Laminate flooring is not suitable for wet areas. This material is afraid of water, so is not suitable for the bathroom. There are some water-resistant models that are optimal for the hall and the kitchen. To prevent moisture from entering through the joints, locks treated with a special sealant (ClickGuard, ClickProtect, Homax Click, Titan and others).
- Installation only takes place on a special substrate. It increases the thermal and sound insulation of the floor (see. How to make sound insulation in the apartment). To protect against vapor and moisture recommended substrate stack under a thin layer of polyethylene film 200 microns thick (see. Article about the selection and laying substrate).
Laying laminate requires special conditions for quality base compared with other floor coverings. The basis are the following:
Consider the training base of each separately:
A new concrete floor, laminate flooring may be laid only after it dries, 30 days after it fills.
Smooth concrete screed - a reliable base for laminate
If you change the coating on the finished screed, ensure its integrity. Small bumps and cracks need to fill in self-leveling flooring screed. For large lesions is a new tie.
On the concrete floor of a wet or semi-dry screed it is necessary to lay a vapor barrier layer of polyethylene. Joints secured with tape and overlap with an overlap on the wall. For dry screed, this layer does not need to be put, as it is already provided.
If the base is made of boards, ensure their flatness and good anchorage logs. To do this, you need to further strengthen their screws, read about it in this article, how to get rid of the creaking wooden floor. If the problem is badly laid or rotten joists, you will need to perestilat floor again.
If you do have a rough board basis, this can be corrected by planing or sanding. On the floor, there should be no irregularities and protruding nails. Damaged board replaced.
There is also a popular way - align the timber floor via the veneers thickness exceeding 6 mm. Between the sheets leave the expansion gap of 5 mm. two thin plywood layer stack better offset than one thick one. After laying the first layer, irregularities remain in the field of joints of plywood, which are offset by the second layer. Read more about this in the article about laying laminate plywood. You can use other sheet materials for Alignment (OSB, particleboard, fiberboard), but plywood - the best option for price and quality.
Be sure to consider the plywood thickness of the substrate and the laminate, or after installation can occur by opening the doors of the problem. That is why in the repair of apartments installation of interior doors are made to last.
As a basis for laying laminate floors can be made of ceramic tile. Therefore, if the laying of tiles was made on the technology, you can leave it. In this case, a vapor barrier layer is not required, only sufficient to use a substrate.
Materials and tools
Before you begin the installation, prepare the necessary tools and toolkits.
- Tools for marking pencil, square, measuring tape.
- Hammer for heavy docking locks. Use it only needs through a pad to prevent damage to the locks. Bracket for tamping laminate
- To facilitate the task, you can buy a special set, which includes wedges to create a uniform gap around the perimeter bracket for easy placement of the last row and the template to prevent damage to the locks when tapped with a hammer.
- Jigsaw or hacksaw with small teeth, so as not to leave chips. For cutting at an angle in the diagonal method of stacking may need to miter box.
- Do not forget about the necessary set of materials: skirting, corners for baseboards, stroke pipe threshold.
There are several ways of connecting the laminate plates:
- adhesive bonding;
- lock connection «Click»;
- «Lock» lock connection.
Adhesive bonding panels with tongue and groove system similar to a conventional installation of parquet. Glue is applied to the edges, and the two panels are drawn tightly to each other. This embodiment is selected for areas with high load, when it is necessary to obtain a firm connection and protection from moisture. Such a method is rarely used because of the complexity, the inability to disassemble the cover and fragility.
The most popular way to connect is by using locks Click. Their attachment also occurs tongue in groove, but at an angle of 30 °. After lowering the panel is securely locked. It is a modern type of fixing and good quality, the joints are almost invisible.
Fixing locks Click and Lock
Lock Locks more demanding of the quality of the surface, and inept installation can be damaged. This type of connection is more difficult to disassemble and to assemble the required docked panels with a hammer, so it is often called "shock lock".
Typically, laminate flooring is laid in the direction of the light, but you can position it perpendicular and even diagonally.
Various methods can be laid as a laminate independently
In addition, there are several schemes of installation:
- Classic - the most economical. Laying laminate starts from the window towards the light. Trimming after the number is used to start a new, if they are larger than 30 cm. With such an arrangement waste is less than 5% of the material.
Regardless of the chosen scheme, be sure to install a new row with an offset end locks to the connection became stronger. At least to do offset by 20 centimeters compared to the previous series.
Instructions for laying laminate
Before operating, thoroughly clean and vacuum the floor. A first layer laid plastic film, is then padded. Rows are attached to each other with tape, to be given a tight and did not disperse. It is advisable not to dim the entire floor once the litter, so as not to scatter dirt on it, and do it in the process as needed.
We recommend that you get acquainted with the work of some of the subtleties of how to lay laminate correctly with their hands in the video:
To lay the first row should be inserted between the panel and the wall wedges to the entire length to ensure an even gap. Observe gap around the pipe. Owners of wooden doors familiar effect of expansion of wood due to the change of seasons, they often cease to be closed or, on the contrary, become smaller. Laminate also change the size, depending on the humidity.
The panels are inserted into each other at an angle, tight joints and fall. If necessary, do not forget promazyvat hermetic locks. Initially, fasten the side locks, and then connect with a number.
The next series of stacked laminate-shifted by 20 centimeters to half the panel length.
It is best to start laying the corner, where the pipe and radiator. In order to accurately draw a cut tube, to drill large diameter holes and make an incision on the pipe level. Further panels are simply inserted in a conventional manner into the previous row, and around the tube is closed by plastic gap strokes.
Gap in the pipes are made using strokes
To complete the number of the last panel must fit under the size, less clearance.
To secure the last row, need to longitudinally cut the panel from the wall. Typically, the walls in the apartments are not equal, so measure the distance at the beginning and the end, turned out not to have the slot floor. It is particularly important to monitor this using a narrow wooden baseboards. Standard plinth cover gap up to 2 cm. Fastening row occurs in the same manner, but for convenience docking can use a special Z-shaped bracket.
Concludes step will be the installation of plastic moldings. Cheapest plinth mounted to the wall with dowels and more expensive have special mounts that are screwed to the wall, and they put on a plinth. Most practical to take skirting boards with cable channel, which you can hide those extra wires.
Even if you stele floor in several rooms, between them is necessary to make a movement joint, which is hidden doorsteps.
Instructions how to properly laid laminate on the video:
You can then immediately use the brand new flooring. If you are using adhesive bonding, wait for it to dry completely. Be careful when using, the laminate can easily gain chips from falling heavy objects. Seams - the most vulnerable spot, they are easy to get chipped and panel vzduyutsya in contact with moisture.
Making laying laminate flooring, you need to learn how to properly care for them, to provide a longer floor operation. Adhering to the simple tips to care for the laminate is given in this section, you will be able to maintain an excellent view of the sexes for a long time.
- Remove dust and dirt from the laminate as often as possible. The more you love cleaning your house, the longer of laminate flooring will retain the original appearance. Use a vacuum cleaner to clean or slightly damp cloth soft fiber. Care for floors with special means
- Be sure to use special products for laminate care, such as: Chistyla, Loba or Laminatclear. They come in the form of a gel or a spray. Regular use of special means on a laminate care, promotes the formation of a thin layer on the surface which protects the floor from the moisture and preventing the formation of stains due to spilled liquids.
- The laminate is protected from water while it preserves the integrity of the upper layer. Once on the surface of floors will scratch and damage, they immediately begin to absorb moisture and decay, so avoid abuse wet cleaning with plenty of water. Also not recommended for cleaning laminate with the use of detergent cleaner. Removing scratches with wax
- Do not drop on the laminate flooring heavy objects with sharp edges. Do not walk on the laminate in shoes with sharp heels. When the floors damage and scratches immediately try to remove them with a special wax or putty.
- After contact with the laminate fat or shoe polish, in any case do not remove the dirt using a wire brush. It is better to go to the store and buy a tool for removing stains.
Making the right flooring installation of laminate you get an inexpensive, beautiful and durable coating that with proper care, will please you for many years!
Pros and cons of cork floor. Laying laminate cork on the floor with their hands. Instructions with photos.
It can be laid on a warm laminate flooring, and whether it is harmful? Can I use it for heating without radiators? Technology of correct folding, choice of substrate.
How to lay linoleum on the floor and make it fit the size of the room and glue. Technology cold weld seams and attachment process skirting boards.
RemBoo »Installation and repair of the floor in the apartment" How to lay laminate on the floor with their hands
Thank you for the article! We will be with her husband to lay themselves)
such information is useful even spetsialistam.tem .kto has not reached a high level and is highly specialized in stroitelstve.statya ponravilas.dumayu I could write such articles as I have a lot of experience in decoration and construction
How to lay laminate own hands
Lately, especially popular with laminate flooring. Their advantages are clear: aesthetic appearance, a relatively small material cost, high speed of installation. We offer you an extensive guide with photos and video about how to lay laminate own hands. By following all of the recommendations and adhering to the described technology, you will be able without difficulty to perform laying laminate is not worse than the experienced master.
To make your floor for a long time remained steady, it is strongly recommended to provide the following packing conditions:
- Before you lay laminate flooring, leave it in the room at 36-48 hours. This time it is necessary to adapt the material to the microclimate of the room, its humidity and temperature conditions. Thus, after the installation of the board are not deformed and do not change size.
- Check the evenness of the floor level or meter rule. If the base is too crooked, perform an initial alignment of the floor.
- Pay attention to the rigidity of the floor. Before laying the laminate on the wooden floor creaking and bends, perform additional surface smoothing.
- Buying a laminate, pay attention to the safety of the factory packaging - it should be tightly sealed and no damage or chipping at the corners.
- Laminate, as well as other building materials of wood, can not withstand excessive moisture. Thus, in the bath or sauna can not be used. Today, several manufacturers offer water-resistant models of floor coverings that can be used in the kitchen or hallway. To prevent the ingress of moisture into the joints and locks, they are treated with a special hermetic means.
It has already been mentioned that laminate installation requires special surface preparation. It can be laid on:
Detailed information how to lay laminate over concrete, you will find by clicking on the link. This type of placement is considered to be one of the easiest. While both lay laminate linoleum is problematic. Select which training base required in your case, and check out a detailed description of all the processes in the relevant articles.
For proper and qualitative laying laminate, you need to have on hand a set of tools:
- Tools for the marking: square, tape measure, pencil;
- A hammer. It is used for the density docking panels. Attempts applied only through a special gasket, which protect the material from damage.
- A special set - you can buy it in any hardware store. It includes wedges, clips, templates designed for the correct folding of the laminate.
- Jigsaw. It is used for sawing laminate. If the purchase of such a tool for you can not afford it - replace it with a nail file with a few teeth.
- Before how to lay laminate own, buy all the necessary components - baseboards, corners for them stroke for pipes, sills, flexible profile.
The preparatory phase is almost completed. You needed to agree on a few nuances. For example, the direction in which to lay laminate. Practice the three types of installation: in the direction of the window, diagonally across the room and even perpendicular.
A detailed description of the installation process you will find in video a little later in this article.
Video: how to lay laminate
It would seem that may be difficult in laying laminate: snapped the locks - and all. But the practice suggests otherwise. Stacked laminated coating sometimes fails, is not served their term, due to the improper installation.
See step by step instructions for laying laminate, listen to tips on choosing a laminate class. In the video shown laying a floating manner. Laminate with G5 locks. A list of tools.
Difficulties often causes laying laminate in the doorway. Look how packed so that there are no gaps:
What should be taken into account when laying laminate flooring in the doorway. Remedy:
Take into account the useful tips on laying laminate, substrate selection and installation:
It is worth paying attention to the particular laying laminate with beveled: