- 1 How to get rid of mold in the bathroom
- 1.1 The causes of unwanted guests
- 1.2 Prevention of mold formation
- 1.3 How to get rid of mold in the bath
- 1.4 Folk remedies for the mold in the bathroom
- 2 Fungus in the bathroom: why there is and how to remove it?
- 3 Ways to get rid of black mold in the bathroom
How to get rid of mold in the bathroom
Not just an inconvenience, and substantial harm to the health causes mold, which appeared in the living room. Fungus spores penetrate the lungs during breathing, cause allergic reactions. Get rid not just of this intruder. Spread it usually starts in the humid room apartments, so the fight must begin there. How to clean mold in the bathroom with the help of modern and traditional means, discussed below.
The causes of unwanted guests
The first reason - no UV irradiation sunlight, however in dark rooms mold frequent guest. The second - a constant humidity in the room, which contributes to the rapid proliferation of molds. And if the interior space does not provide fresh air, no ventilation, it gives rise to mold.
Prevention of mold formation
Primary safety measures related to the prevention, when most mold is not even in sight. Please observe the following rules:
- install ventilation for it in stores sell special fans, which can be combined with the vent;
- if there is no built-in hood in the bathroom, then as often as possible should leave the door open to dry could even the most remote corners, especially this should be done once in the bathroom taking a shower or washed;
- you can at the door leading to the bathroom, make a small air vents using a conventional drill to airing was constant;
- check how well warm towel rail, if its size is sufficient for heating and drying your little room;
- periodically wash all surfaces in the bathroom with antiseptics that kill mold spores and other unpleasant "living creatures";
- if there is a risk of staining in certain areas, then periodically subject them to treatment with acetic solution, for example.
How to get rid of mold in the bath
In any apartment is most susceptible to infection by the fungus shower or bathroom. In a standard bathtub full set of conditions conducive to proliferation of mold.
High humidity provide old cast iron pipe in the bathrooms and toilets. the difference in temperature of water running in them, and the temperature in the room contributes to the appearance of condensation, the lack of exhaust pipes does not dry out, and the excess moisture to evaporate. Plus darkness. That is why the bathroom is often a breeding ground for mold, which then flood the entire apartment.
Folk remedies for the mold in the bathroom
Do not neglect the people's means to fight an enemy like mold.
Soda for food - simple and effective
A universal agent for cleaning virtually any contamination baking soda comes in many formulations folk remedies. The efficacy and harmlessness put soda in first place among all the others. Fat traces, black mold in the bathtub, rust removed soda without too much difficulty. Itself has no odor, soda copes with the removal of flavors left harmful contaminants.
To get rid of mold soda need a little diluted with water to a slurry state and apply on the infected area. After some time, wash with warm water and a sponge.
Soda solution prepared from approximately calculating floor cafeteria soda spoons per liter of water is poured into a spray bottle and sprayed with mold space detected. Thereafter, washed thoroughly with pure water and again applied soda solution. The second application of leave to dry. White patches or remove with a dry cloth or sponge, rinse with water.
Folk remedies for mold on the walls you can help, if not chronic spots.
Vinegar in aid of soda solution
Impact soda will be amplified many times, if mixed with acetic acid. This is done as follows: sprinkled at the beginning of contaminated sites clean soda and vinegar poured over the top. The reaction, which is expressed in a stormy "boiling" powder kills mold fungus. Wash remains hot soapy water, wipe the surface with a clean cloth and allow to dry thoroughly.
Acetic acid is an excellent way to kill mold. If you find black spots of mold, then apply a concentrated solution of ordinary vinegar sold in the store. An hour later, the remnants of rinse water. If necessary, repeat the procedure, giving the surface to dry well.
To remove mildew from hard waterproof and loose in texture surfaces suitable bleach, which destroys fungus mold. It is impossible in such a way to handle drywall or wood.
Before the process of mold in the bathroom, take care of his defense.
The room where the treated surface with a white, should be well ventilated. Work desirable in a respirator or multilayer gauze bandages, rubber gloves to protect the hands. Harmful to both the evaporation of so-called "bleach" and getting it on the skin.
Stir approximately half a cup whiteness per liter of water and put on a wall of a sponge, a spray or a brush. Rinse with water immediately, and give white time for a deeper impact. As with other similar events, it is desirable to repeat the procedure after drying.
If there is at hand "bleach" (previously always been in the arsenal of cleaners premises), its solution is also used as the "whiteness".
How to derive the mold bath in brown
Sodium tetraborate, or more routinely, borax - an effective remedy, an antiseptic, which serves as an excellent tool owner against various contaminants. The substance is safe, it does not emit harmful odors. White powder borax must be dissolved in water, about a cup per liter. Processing as well as other solutions: Apply to the infected area, leave for a while and then rinse with water. It is mandatory drying surface.
It is also possible to use boric acid, mix it with water, vinegar and hydrogen peroxide. Ratio: 1: 4: 2: 2.
Remove the fungal infection of the glass, tiles and other hard surfaces helps ammonia. This was mixed with water in equal parts, and then the sponge brush or solution is applied to the walls, floor or other coated mold surface. After applying a solution thereof through a wash time.
You can not mix ammonia with tools such as bleach. Already emit noxious smells, by reacting these substances react with the allocation even more harmful to the human gas. When working with smelling salts need to pay special attention to the protection of the respiratory tract, skin.
How to clean the tub from a mold other natural antiseptics
Water solution of iodine, copper sulfate, as well as tea tree oil helps, if the fungus in the bathroom appeared not so long ago. Processing Standard - Apply the solution with the addition of preservatives needed at the ceiling, walls and floor. Do not flush a few hours to a fungus killed, then rinse with clean water and soap and leave to dry.
The above people's means of mold in the bathroom will be able to cope with the fungus if it is not already expanded lush pillow.
Modern methods of combating fungi
Modern drugs commercially available for controlling mold is almost harmless to human health. However, it is not necessary to work without gloves. Antiseptics surface treated in accordance with the descriptions in their packages.
Ionization and sanitation - a method based on the destruction aimed at infected places saturated with microelements airflow. Such an attack can not stand sometimes even small rodents and insects. The method is expensive and requires special equipment and expertise. This option is particularly suitable for those who do not know how to get rid of mold on the bathroom ceiling.
If the above methods did not help you, does not disappear mold on the bathroom tile joints in the corners, you have to use drastic measures. Remove completely cover the walls in the place where took root fungus mold, remove the tiles. The room is dry, handle completely antiseptic preparations dramatic effect.
And only after making sure there is no mold, not only, but also the conditions for its appearance, you are ready for painting or other decoration bathroom.
Fungus in the bathroom: why there is and how to remove it?
Bathroom was said even by our grandmothers, face the hostess, as they do not know firsthand how difficult it is to maintain order and cleanliness inside the premises. As a finishing material used where ceramic tile, plastic panels, water-resistant ink that require special care.
Due to the warm, humid climate in the bathroom inside it often settles mold, at first there are small pockets and then it spreads to the ceiling, between the tiles on the wall surface on the piece of furniture. Get rid of this intruder, who spoil even the most expensive and refined interior, it is very difficult, because the fungus to wash ordinary detergents impossible. This article will tell you why there is a fungus in the bathroom, and how to effectively deal with it.
First you need to understand that the mold - it is the smallest microorganisms, spores of which are present in the air constantly. However, in every room there are favorable conditions for the development of the dispute and the formation of large colonies. Microclimate inside the bathroom - a heavenly place where mold feels full mistress.
With increasing humidity inside the premises to 90-95% at a rate of 70-80% in the sanitary room all the necessary conditions are added to the spread of the fungus, dark spots which appear on the ceiling, wall surfaces, silicone sealant on the tiles. Mold is formed in the bathroom for several reasons:
- High humidity. Inside the bathroom all the action in some way connected with the water. The adoption of a bath, shower, washing increase the level of moisture, which is why over time on the walls and ceiling mold appears.
- Heat. air temperature inside the tub is higher than in the remaining flat, since it has no windows and is heated by the heating element. At an internal temperature of the room also affects the installation of underfloor heating.
- Insufficient provetrivaemost. Air circulation in the bath is difficult, because of what is present indoors constantly moist air and condensate.
Note! Mold on the ceiling, walls, joints between the tiles on the piece of furniture is an important "symptom" that this room ventilation is not working efficiently. To confirm this conjecture, you can check traction by bringing the channel lighted match or thin paper. The constant damp conditions, you can remove the fungus, however, to permanently solve the problem happens only if organize the work of the ventilation system.
The consequences of mold
Mold is not just a cosmetic defect finishes spoiling the appearance of the walls or ceiling in the bathroom, it is an alarming sign of faulty operation of the ventilation system of the premises. Without adjusting air circulation to get rid of the fungus for good, even using expensive tools will not work. Some species of fungus is dangerous not only for the look of the bathroom, but also for the health of humans, so underestimate the consequences of its occurrence can not be.
mold formation leads the following consequences:
- Under constant moisture fungus on wall surfaces, ceiling, silicone-based sealant or furniture extends large colonies of dark color, spoil the appearance finish.
- Fungus, settled in the joints between the tiles, reducing the life of the building materials, gradually destroys the concrete foundation walls.
- Spores of the fungus during exhalation can develop within a human lung, resulting in the development of diseases that are difficult to diagnose and treat. Therefore, the fungus on the bathroom walls or ceiling is hazardous to health household.
Sometimes, when the external examination on the walls or ceiling is difficult to notice the fungus, as it cleverly hidden under the tiles and other finishing materials. Therefore, professional master advised to perform Repair bathrooms every 10-15 years, because the only way to assess the condition of the walls under otelochnym pictures, as well as clean the concrete base of the mold by means of special tools and a stiff brush.
Mold on the walls, ceiling and furniture in the bathroom greatly affects the appearance of the premises, resulting in finishing materials to accelerated wear. Many housewives are wondering, the better to bring the fungus in the bathroom once and for all. Having tried numerous costly shoplifting means a treatment that only gives temporary result, many are trying to deal with mold traditional methods.
For this purpose, vinegar, ammonia or hydrogen peroxide. It turned out that the most efficient, quick to get rid of mildew on the walls and the ceiling in the bathroom in the following ways:
- Since the wall surface can be removed fungus can be a simple folk remedy, using vinegar. The farm is always a vinegar or vinegar essence. To pour vinegar into the spray bottle or put on a cotton swab, and then process them to the surface of the walls. A few hours later the vinegar dries, then the treated area need to be brushed. However, vinegar effectively removes only 80% of fungi.
Important! In advanced cases, when the fungus colonies grown abundantly, saves only shops means processing which removes mold for 1 time. Skilled craftsmen in the repair of the bathroom is recommended to use the materials and paint with antiseptic additives as a preventive measure.
Over time, many species of fungi evolve acquiring resistance to most resources to combat them. With such a mold can not cope any industrial or traditional methods.
To protect the bathroom from the emergence of this unpleasant phenomenon, it is necessary to perform the following preventive measures:
- Reduce the humidity in the room. To do this, you need to eliminate leaks, leaking taps, leading to an increase in humidity.
- Do not use the bathroom for drying washed clothes. Do not store in the room wet towels.
- Opens the door when the room is accumulated a large amount of hot steam to increase the traction in the ventilation duct.
- Troubleshoot problems in the ventilation system of the premises. Sometimes, in order to optimize the ventilation duct cleaning missing channel, and sometimes it requires the installation of duct fans.
- Used for finishing the interior of sustainable building materials with antiseptic additives (grout, tile adhesive, primer, paint).
Compliance with these simple preventive measures will save you from the formation of mildew in the bathroom, while maintaining a fresh appearance for many years to repair, protect the health of the inhabitants of the house from asthma, allergies, headaches.
Ways to get rid of black mold in the bathroom
Mold and fungus in the bathroom, not only detracts from the appearance, they are harmful to health. Because to get rid of mold in the bathroom or other room is very important.
Even if the rest of the apartment there is a fungus, everywhere is clean and dry, in the bathroom it may appear. In this room ideal conditions for its occurrence - high temperature (above 20 ° C) and high humidity (the rate of up to 70%).
The cause of mold and mildew in the bathroom - poor ventilation
Exit here one - to improve ventilation or somehow fast to reduce humidity. Reduce humidity:
- by means of heat exchangers (such devices that collect moisture from the air);
- increasing the efficiency of the ventilation.
Check the accuracy ventkanala
If before the mold problems was not, it is necessary to examine the ventilation duct. Maybe he hid because after taking a shower or bath for a long time humidity output from the premises. Check the operation of ventkanala simple: take a piece of paper (though exercise book or a piece of paper), somewhere in the flat open the window a little bit (on ventilation). In the bathroom, hold a piece of the ventilation grille.
Check how well the ventilation in the bathroom is easy
If a sheet pulled to the bars - everything is fine - if not, the channel is clogged. It is necessary to cause the appropriate service that they clean it.
If you have a craving, but also, and fungus, continue tests. We must again do the same operation - to bring a piece of paper - and should be at the closed bathroom door. If in this case no thrust (leaf not drawn), and it is a lattice "stuck" with the door open, the door is set too tightly. the bottom should be air supply slot is not less than 3 cm Second Embodiment -. Ventilation grilles for air intake.
Doors must be correct
They cut into the bottom quarter of the door. If you do not want to change the doors, you can choose the suitable color plastic grille and install them yourself. Other ways to improve ventilation in the bathroom - a ventilation hole in the wall opposite the exit ventkanala (bottom, just above floor level) or at the same place to endure a duct / pipe. In general, in this case the problem - to provide air flow to the bathroom to activate air exchange.
Most of the folk remedies can get rid of the external manifestations of the fungus for a while. You remove its traces on the surface, but its spores remain in the material. And if so, that after some time the spot will reappear. Help is only a radical solution to moisture problems - effective ventilation. In a dry environment fungus / mold can not develop.
Those who have a fungus in the bathroom, ready to use all possible means to get rid of it
Using harmless to humans funds
To get rid of mold in the bathroom will help ordinary vinegar and soda. Methods of their use of several:
- Wipe the walls of alcohol vinegar, leave for a few hours, closed the door, wash with water, then ventilate.
- A method for horizontal surfaces - pour soda pour vinegar, wait end proc reaction and rinse with water.
- Wipe the walls first with soda, then vinegar, then - with water.
How effective will these funds from the mold is difficult to say, but the vinegar on the hardness salts helps fine - white film is washed away without a trace.
Soda and vinegar - you can try
Next folk remedy for dealing with mold in the bathroom - peroxide. She also rubbed the wall. But we must remember that the peroxide in large quantities is toxic and must work in a mask and gloves. Also do not forget that it has a whitening effect. If the process grout in the joints between the tiles, it will be a few shades lighter.
Be disinfected with hydrogen peroxide
In the first place the frequency of application - chlorine and chlorine-containing agents for washing sanitary equipment - White, Domestos, duckling, etc. They are bred some of the water, coat with the wall, very carefully treating the joints between the tiles. Symptoms (dark spots) go very quickly, before our eyes. For a while after the treatment of mold does not appear, but sooner or later (usually in autumn or spring season), it again starts to appear.
Working with bleach and preparations of it is necessary to wear gloves, masks and protective clothing. After the treatment, it is desirable to turn off the ventilation (if forced), tightly close the door, the bathroom for some time not to use. Chlorine in the free state is long, but at that time very active and couples as well. This "gas" will allow the camera to disinfect corners that do not get the brush.
With chlorine and copper sulphate have to be careful
Next on the popularity of the way to get rid of mold in the bathroom - by treating a solution of copper sulfate. Take 100 grams of powder are dissolved in 10 liters Vod and this solution is treated with walls and ceiling. precautions are the same as when using bleach. The results, in principle, is not very different - a temporary relief from the black marks.
In any hardware store there are many different antifungal compounds. They differ spectrum of action and method of application. There are tools that are distributed with a brush or roller, is in aerosol dispensers or spray guns with lever. Some compositions require the use of protective means (gloves, mask), the other harmless to humans. In any case, before starting work, read the instructions.
When handling do not forget about communication and remote places, or get rid of mold in the bathroom would not be possible - debate scatter
When choosing to kill black mold in the bathroom, pay attention to what materials they can process. There are tools specifically for wood, is - concrete and brick, many also universal, suitable for all building materials.
Here are a few tools that are recommended to those who have already used them:
- Tool against mold and mildew Savo. Production - Czech Unilever, 500 ml in a spray bottle. Kills !! fungi vegetative types of mold, microalgae almost immediately, the color of the surface does not change. Spray onto the surface from a distance of 15-20 cm, left for 20 minutes. You can wash, you can leave. Pre-clean the mold is not necessary - she disappears without a trace. Effect, even after a single treatment, persists for a long time (in the words of those who enjoyed the last 2 years, there is no mold). Suitable for plaster, blanched, painted surfaces for bricks, wall and floor tiles. Effective in areas with high humidity - bathrooms, basements, cellars. Has a pungent odor, work better in the mask. Flow rate 50 ml / m2.
- Remedy for mold and mildew ASTONISH Mould & Milder remover. British means - 750 ml in a vial with a spray. With regular use can be beaten by a fungus forever. Apply, wait 5 minutes, rinse with water.
The most effective means of mold and mildew
Using these tools, you can get rid of mold in the bathroom for a long period of time.
If you want to get rid of mold in the bathroom all have to contrive a complete overhaul. It is necessary to remove the entire finish with plaster. Naked wall - brick or concrete - treat primers with antibacterial properties (any), with use plaster composition with antifungal additives or added to a standard cement-sand mortar can be independently. After drying the plaster - ground, then finishing tiles using an adhesive with antifungal additives. Even grouting should be with corresponding properties.
The fungus is not only the surface. Its spores inside walls
Under these circumstances, and normal operation of ventilation problems with mold and mildew you will no longer be. All other methods allow to get rid of mold in the bathroom only for a certain period.
Below are descriptions of some of the tools that can be used to combat the fungus and mold during the repair in the bathroom. These same tools can be processed already finished surface, but they are more effective it is at the stage of finishing work.
- Fongiflyuid Alpa (Alpa). It has bluish-greenish tint, but the color of the treated surface does not change. Suitable for treatment of concrete, bricks, plaster, gypsum board, wood and its derivatives. Loose and porous surfaces should be clean, tight processed without preparation. The surfaces are washed with water, dried, and then applied agent. Recommended consumption - 1 liter for 4-5 square meters. m. Leave for 4-5 days. This drug is good in step repair - it improves the adhesion. If the processed trimmings, wipe the surface with a damp cloth.
- Homeenpoysto (Homeenpoisto) from Tikkurilla. Finnish agent for timber, but can also be used for concrete and plastered surfaces before finishing.
Some tools that can be used during the repair to get rid of the fungus
Now that you know how to get rid of mold in the bathroom for a long time or even permanently.