- 1 Apron Kitchen from MDF: a step by step guide to self-install
- 2 Kitchen apron made of MDF: price, installation, real. Apron Kitchen from MDF: how to install their own hands
- 3 How to install an apron made of MDF in the kitchen, what materials are used at the same time
- 3.1 How to choose an apron made of MDF panels
- 3.2 Positive and negative sides of the material
- 3.3 The main ways of installing flashing MDF
- 3.3.1 Fastening by means of aluminum profiles
- 3.3.2 Fastening apron using liquid nails
- 3.3.3 Wall mounting of plasterboard
- 3.3.4 new articles
- 3.3.5 The decorate wooden house inside: plating characteristics
- 3.3.6 The gluing ceiling moldings: options
- 3.3.7 Damaged floor, it does not matter: the repaired chips on the laminate in the home
- 3.3.8 How to cut a glass cutter glass: useful tips
- 3.3.9 What is the unique installation of a metal door in a wooden house, nuances
- 3.3.10 How to make a coffee table with his hands chipboard
- 3.3.11 Manufacture of metal doors with his hands: GETTING STARTED
- 3.3.12 How to choose wallpaper for the bedroom: the accents and nuances
- 3.3.13 How to determine which valves used for strip foundation
- 3.3.14 Sand bed for strip foundation: there is no need or
- 3.3.15 Pasting furniture film to update the interior
Apron Kitchen from MDF: a step by step guide to self-install
MDF panel with the front side covered with PVC film, simulating various types of wood or stone cutting. The panels may be monophonic or with the application of any pattern. The surface is like matte and glossy.
Often, the wall panels are finished with natural veneer of valuable wood, which in appearance is not different from made of natural wood. It gives the veneer MDF decorative appearance and provides protection from moisture. PVC film is easy to clean and does not change its original color for a long time.
Wall MDF panels can be used in the kitchen for the full or partial covering of walls, as well as the aprons between the desktop and the hinged furniture.
Apron Kitchen from MDF performs the basic function: to protect the walls from moisture and food waste, covers the gap between the table and the wall, preventing the fall of kitchen items, and serves as a decorative ornament.
Apron for the kitchen made of MDF in appearance is not very different from the panels, made of glass, tiles, mosaics, and other materials.
How to install an apron in the kitchen of MDF
There are several ways to mount the apron for the kitchen made of MDF, and each of them has its advantages and disadvantages:
- Installing MDF panels on the glue directly to the wall.
- Installing the panels on the adhesive to the crate of timber.
- Fastening panels using screws or dowels.
- Fastening of panels with use of aluminum profiles.
If there are significant deviations in the plane of the wall should be leveled by any means available.
Important! In case of replacement of the damaged panel plaster layer destruction can occur when removing the adhesive from the wall. In this respect, fasteners with baguettes, screws and plastic dowels preferred replacement is made easier and does not require additional costs. It is necessary to take this into account when deciding on how to reinforce the apron in the kitchen of MDF.
Often, kitchen apron MDF consists of several panels, which may have different heights due to different configurations and sizes of wall cabinets.
In this case the vertical joint between the panels must be in alignment with one base abutment wall cabinets walls. When measuring and marking should follow the golden adage, "Measure twice, cut once."
Important! Before marking should check horizontal hinge kitchen cabinets and countertops plane using a spirit level or a laser level. If necessary, adjust the position of the kitchen furniture.
MDF is cut fairly easily any intended for cutting wood with a fine tool and sharp teeth. Using large tooth leads to fracture and delamination of the material, as well as irregularities of the cut end. Recommended tools:
- Hacksaw wort.
- Electric jigsaw.
- Hand electric circular saw with fine teeth pobeditovymi.
When there is an image on the panels should be carefully customized details of the picture, both horizontally and vertically. The joint properly fitted the figure will be less noticeable and, on the contrary, will offset the imbalance in the image that will be seen at first glance.
Using the adhesive when installing MDF panels
Note. For those who do not know how to fix an apron for the kitchen made of MDF with glue: as the last, so-called liquid nails.
For the uniform application of the adhesive is applied special mounting gun. Liquid Nails are applied to the back surface of the panel, sometimes by an additional wall, after fifteen minutes panel tightly and strongly pressed against the wall. Prevent shift downward under the weight of the weight, to help thin wooden wedges inserted between the bottom panel and worktop.
Fixing screws and dowels apron
Mounting apron MDF kitchen with screws or mounting dowels as follows.
- First on the blank panels are marked and drilled holes for inserts decorative caps.
- Then, placing the panel on the mounting location, mark tag hole nylon dowels. Such a method would avoid the displacement holes.
- Removing the panel process carried Drill holes and subsequent insertion of dowels nylon.
The panel is fastened with screws or screws through the ear, which welling threaded chrome decorative caps. Of course, such a fixing method requires accuracy and time-consuming, but in the future, if necessary, you can quickly replace partially or completely the wall elements of the kitchen apron.
Note: It is recommended to use plastic dowels with a diameter of 6-8 mm.
First set in the process opening the plastic anchor flush with the wall, then the brass sleeve while wearing the silicone damper, and fixed with screws. The last set chrome decorative cap.
Fastening aluminum profile apron
Important. The use of aluminum profile as fixing apron allows to eliminate the process of porting panels, which ultimately simplifies installation, but slightly increases the cost of consumables.
Profile fixed to the wall dowels on the perimeter of the apron. Corner connections are made with gashes internal angle of 45 degrees. Profile has mounting grooves with silicone sealant, providing a dense installation panel.
Installation of prefabricated panels apron
Sometimes the wall apron for the kitchen made of MDF made from prefabricated panels, which can be horizontal, vertical or diagonal arrangement, depending on the selected design. In klyaymery metal (mainly when installing a wooden lath) are used as fasteners.
Lathing is used in the case when the wall has significant irregularities and deviations from the vertical. This allows a much faster and cheaper to hide wall defects. With a vertical arrangement of panels purlin beams located horizontally at a distance of 400 mm and in horizontal beams mounted vertically.
Note. Bruce necessarily be treated with antiseptic to avoid rotting the wood, which can be triggered by high humidity and lack of ventilation.
Prefabricated panels are grooves, which provide a tight docking connection between panels. Klyaymery set the inner groove of the panel and secured with nails or screws to the beam.
This method is simple enough that it allows you to install an apron made of MDF in the kitchen with his hands.
Be sure to check similar materials:
MDF quite often used for decoration, simple installation technology allows a short time to perform a lot of work. The price for production of MDF low, and the outer laminate quite presentable appearance, and allows the use of wall panels in a variety of areas, including the kitchen for different types of wood. What are the applications of MDF panels for the kitchen?
Wall panels for kitchen - it is a finishing material, which is able to hide all the irregularities of the walls, creating an ideal and aesthetically attractive coating. In addition, this material has a relatively low price, which is one of its main advantages. There are several types of wall panels, each of which has its advantages and disadvantages.
Kitchen in white are popular as give the room more brightness and freshness. Use it to create an interior in any style. Important in the formation of a cozy atmosphere given to the wallpaper for the walls. To decide what color to choose wallpaper, you need to know some of the nuances of white kitchen.
Since the kitchen is a place of high humidity and temperature changes, it is necessary to carefully select the tapestry. In addition to qualitative characteristics, it must be in harmony with the interior premises. What is the color of the wallpaper with red kitchen is the most appropriate? How to choose a wallpaper that they are in harmony with the surrounding environment?
Kitchen apron made of MDF: price, installation, real. Apron Kitchen from MDF: how to install their own hands
The space above the kitchen countertop should be effectively faced with in order to complement the design of the room. In this article we will talk about kitchen apron made of MDF and learn about the qualities of this material.
Choosing an apron, we are studying the advantages and disadvantages of various materials, repelled by their characteristics and features, evaluate the image data, in addition, to combine them with the style of the room. This list may be plastic panels, ceramic tiles, artificial stone, glass, but now it goes only on the MDF.
Before starting the discussion of features and advantages that kitchen apron made of MDF panels, will not be superfluous to deal more with this material.
For its production base is shredded wood chips. This starting material is subjected to pressing at high temperature and under high pressure.
Why MDF is called a natural material? The use of dry wood dust do not yet guarantee the naturalness of the resulting slab. The reason is that its manufacture is not in use glue or synthetic resins, and lignin - a natural substance which is a natural polymer compound, it can be said wood glue.
In general, MDF - is familiar to all of us chipboard, created with the use of modern technologies and acquired environmental cleanliness.
This material advantage is quite significant. Among them:
- constant geometry (it is difficult to break due to the high adhesion strength fibers);
- Excellent resistance to water and moisture (it informs lignin material, wood polymer);
- the variety of formats ready plates, allowing to create a kitchen apron made of MDF (plate thickness - 4-22 mm, which makes it possible to use them in a wide range of construction).
In its operational stability and durability plate well to treatment. Consequently, there are excellent opportunities for fantasy, if you want to make of it something more complicated than a simple rectangular kitchen apron made of MDF. The dimensions of the plate can be adjusted to suit your individual needs.
There is no perfect materials, what we see every time plotting room newly renovated, especially if it will happen in the kitchen. At this point, you need to pay attention to the huge number of specific requirements, and they will help arrange the necessary accents.
We can not say that the kitchen apron made of MDF, whose price starts from 1500 rubles per square meter, is the most popular, although it is one of the leading contenders for places finishing work surface kitchen. Thus, the advantages possessed by this material:
- you need to understand, going to install kitchen apron made of MDF - assembling it from you does not require professional tools and special skills;
- MDF - it is available at a cost of material;
- Covers made to any, including not initially prepared surface;
- under the apron it is always possible to lay communication, in addition, to sew up the wall soundproofing and insulation;
- kitchen apron made of MDF can be corrected very quickly, dismantle and replace it with some parts of the presence of defects or damage.
MDF Comparing with other finishing materials intended for food, unfortunately, you can find some disadvantages:
- kitchen apron made of MDF can quickly be spoiled by the influence of kitchen space environment. Splashes of fat and water, flavors and moist evaporate very quickly eats into the material leaving traces on it;
- toxic material during combustion and fire hazard;
- such panels are not sufficiently strong, therefore, can deviate from the wall or sag even without physical effort only on time, humidity and temperature.
Despite the fact that the shape of the skirt is generally rectangular, either manually or with a simple jigsaw, you can do it, and complex configuration. But after it is cut it is necessary to accurately fix, but how to do it? Here's a simple guide:
- Mark and cut kitchen apron MDF panels or from a single sheet. It would be superfluous to sketch the surface to reduce the number of off-cuts to the minimum possible (and often it can be cut in the workshop or in the shop).
- Purchase the mounting bracket and mounting materials for MDF. It should be borne in mind that the strips should be twice the length of the entire workspace. At the same time there is a fastener or bundled, or sold at the rate of a couple of pieces on a panel meter. Again helps sketch, which also is depicted wooden frame intended for mounting MDF sheet. Here, buy special kitchen plinth and rail for decoration.
- Installation begins with the preliminary training wall at its problems: protruding nails or rods, lumps of wallpaper and other things that can become a breeding ground for microorganisms and moisture. It will be important antiseptic mounting rails and walls.
- Partitioning rail positioning indentation and the carcass from the hinged cabinets and the working surface back down to 15 cm, the distance between the frame rails to 45 centimeters. Horizontal marking is checked by the level.
- Racks are cut to length and attached to the wall plugs so that passed through the dowel rail, furthermore, has entered into the wall rack full thickness, preferably by 5 centimeters. Then the screws with special decorating plates (they are chosen in a contrasting color or a color panel) fasten himself apron. In addition, it is possible to kleymery fasteners or "liquid nails".
- Fixing whole apron will require an assistant, and even better two, but if it consists of panels, it is mainly in these cut grooves for mounting. Then you can do yourself, starting from any one region. In this case, a groove inserted in a groove of a tile Tile Keyhole manner whereupon are mounted the selected method.
The choice, purchase of material and layout leave day, while installation - only two hours, even if you do not have such experience.
After the apron will be installed, the work will seem incomplete. Actually, it is in fact the case, since the wall panels are installed, but the edges and end parts look still unsightly. In addition, there were cracks in the joints of panels and furniture, but it is not particularly nice. But you can spend a little more time and cause MDF kitchen apron with his hands to the normal view.
To do this, you need to take the rack MDF, wear them on the edge portions of the material, after brushing their "liquid nails" or glue. The gap between the working surfaces, apron and lockers need to seal the skirting board - it can be easily attached to the "liquid nails". Thus, the work is done, you can now enjoy the result.
Kitchen apron made of MDF is easy to choose and install on their own, so if you made that decision, you can safely proceed to the process.
Also, the kitchen design can be supplemented by focusing directly on the apron or other elements:
- the focus is desirable on something specific, while all other components must maintain an interior style. If the focus is on furniture, it is desirable to make an apron neutral, understated, and vice versa;
- use bright, saturated colors, but many are not poisonous and not to do the design "popugayskim9raquo ;. It is necessary to emphasize the mood and look, but not diverse and do not overload;
- contrasting style perfectly accentuate the beauty of each food item. Not necessarily absolutely all the attention paid to one apron, especially if you are doing a kitchen design style "etno9raquo ;," provans9raquo; or "klassika9raquo ;.
As an apron made of MDF in recent years has become very popular to install at home, you can find a lot of opinions about it. People leave positive feedback about the low cost of this material, its environmentally friendly, hypoallergenic, the possibility of independent and sufficiently rapid installation. From the negative characteristics - poor resistance to moisture, the possibility of MDF absorb odors, as well as flammability of the material.
How to install an apron made of MDF in the kitchen, what materials are used at the same time
For any kitchen apron plays an important role. Thanks to him, fills the space between the upper and lower parts of the kitchen units.
Also, this surface can be easily cleaned by various means, which is very important, because here can get fat and other similar substances.
The most familiar material which is considered to be ceramic tile can be used there. But there are other materials that are not inferior in quality.
These include MDF panels, which not only lower cost, but also more easy to install. How to install an apron made of MDF in the kitchen, consider the following.
How to choose an apron made of MDF panels
Kitchen apron and of MDF
Apron MDF panels can be purchased in an already completely finished.
You can also order its manufacturing at its own size.
In many ways, the choice depends on the size of the space between the furniture.
Standard sizes MDF - a length of 3 m and a width of 60 cm.
This stove can fully close the distance that remains between the cabinets, because according to the rules, it should be 60 cm between them. But there is a hood, which is much higher.
In this place you will have to attach the plate. Such joints are obtained very noticeable, so the need to supplement that can demolish this shortcoming. To do this, perfectly suited melamine tape.
As mentioned earlier, you can order the apron on the individual sizes, in which the joints are missing, but the cost will be very high.
There are two ways to select the apron: acquisition element of a standard size or Custom sizes.
Positive and negative sides of the material
In the kitchen apron, made of MDF, there are many positive qualities:
- First of all, it is a low cost, which enables the use of ordinary consumers.
- Ease of acquisition, that is, in any hardware store you can easily buy this type of product.
- Large choice of colors. This material is easy to apply any type of paint. Therefore, in the kitchen, working on the wall, you can create an entire work of art. It is also possible to overlay printing.
- It is equally important that the material is completely safe to use because it is made from environmentally friendly materials.
However, any material has negative characteristics, and MDF boards are not exception:
- Tendency to deform, so during the operation plate can bend and peel off from the wall. In order to avoid this trouble, it is necessary to perform the correct mounting plate.
- Incompatibility with certain substances, so the choice of colors should be done with utmost care. It is best to seek professional help.
- The material can very easily ignited, the substances present in the material during heating can release gases that have a choking effect.
MDF include a large number, both advantages and disadvantages, but in spite of it enjoys great popularity.
The main ways of installing flashing MDF
Alignment surface under the apron
All MDF panel intended for kitchen apron have a standard thickness 6 mm.
Based on this parameter, we can say that this material has such a quality as flexibility.
That is why, when mounting the panel on a flat surface is not enough, you can get wavy apron.
This option can spoil the whole repair.
Before you install an apron made of MDF in the kitchen with his hands to check the original surface and carry out some preparatory work:
- If there is on the surface of the tile, which is still firmly attached and laid in the level can be made directly on the mount it.
- In that case, if the original surface has significant differences and damage putty and have to work to eliminate all defects.
This option is the easiest. Plinth installation is done on both sides of the apron horizontally.
In order to accomplish such an attachment is important to provide that the apron itself was somewhat less fills the space.
Direct installation of the apron of MDF:
- Installation cabinets must be performed very tightly to the wall;
- This is followed by the installation of the apron in the space provided so that the top and bottom of the left little space for installation of fasteners;
- Performed installation and mounting skirting boards to the upper and lower cabinets.
This mount is only effective for a smooth wall. If there are irregularities still required and mounting of the apron to the floor. This will require self-tapping screws.
The advantage of this method is that the fixed skirting prevents the kitchen garbage between the furniture and the wall. And it significantly increases the service life of the material.
Fastening by means of aluminum profiles
With this method of fixing all the cupboards should be completely installed. The process is quite simple:
- To the lower cabinet countertop fastened aluminum profile, which is pre-mounted in the seal rubber.
- The MDF panel section is mounted in the upper part it also fits a profile of a seal.
- The upper part of the apron to the profile fastened to the bottom of the upper cabinet.
- Hide profile using special plugs, for which you can come up with a decorative ornament.
The advantages of this method of installation includes a small amount of time spent on this, the possibility of installation on a flat enough surface.
Also, when the present embodiment is possible to install additional illumination. For this special LED strip used.
Fastening apron using liquid nails
Process assembly using liquid nails:
- Fixing is applied along the edges of the entire panel.
- In the center is performed by using special adhesive. The strips of adhesive disposed at intervals along the length 30 cm.
- Pre-attach the bar stands for easy installation. If you do not produce, you need to own an apron to keep up until the glue grabs.
This mounting method is considered to be the fastest and the most convenient, because all the work carried out will not bring construction debris and dust.
Mount the apron of the MDF to the tree is performed with the use of screws. This method is recommended when the presence of uneven walls.
PEEK is a kind of frame on the wall. The interval between them should be about 40 cm.
Wall mounting of plasterboard
Easy to install apron on plasterboard walls is that they are very smooth and does not need to carry out preparatory work.
For fixing screws are used. To ensure that this runs as reliably as possible, it is necessary to use also special dowels. These elements are installed along the entire perimeter of the plate.
In order to hide the fixing in the future, you can apply a special plinth.
There are quite a number of ways to mount kitchen apron made of MDF. Each of these options has its own characteristics and advantages.
MDF can be painted in any color
Before you install an apron made of MDF in the kitchen, is to determine the subsequent finish.
It is worth recalling that the MDF panel is only the basis for the manufacture of kitchen apron.
Further work must be followed by its finish.
The most common treatment options apron made of MDF panels:
- Staining is most often used for the panels located in the bathroom. But in the kitchen room is also possible. It is only important to take precautions, because the coloring of the panel becomes sensitive to the effects of temperature and mechanical nature.
- To carry out a process such as lamination, special materials are used. This polyvinylchloride film and melamine paper. After this treatment, the material is sufficiently resistant to various impacts. That's why this option is often used in the manufacture of kitchen furniture.
- In the process of laminating panels pasted plastic. After such a coating material is resistant to moisture and temperature. Therefore, such a kitchen apron will last a long time.
- In order to make the likeness of natural wood veneering process is carried out. During this treatment, the plate surface is adhered to the so-called splicing, which represents the thinnest plate wood.
There are four main ways of processing MDF panels - a painting, laminating and veneering kashirovnie. Each of these methods has its own special technology.
What's apron for the kitchen to choose - the recommendations presented in the video:
Found an error? Select it and click Ctrl + Enter, to let us know.
The decorate wooden house inside: plating characteristics
Calculation of the stairs to the second floor of standard requirements
Shed of foam blocks with their hands: Tools and materials
How to calculate the square meter of the floor, and why it is needed
How to make the connection of plastic pipes with metal
The gluing ceiling moldings: options
Damaged floor, it does not matter: the repaired chips on the laminate in the home
How to cut a glass cutter glass: useful tips
What is the unique installation of a metal door in a wooden house, nuances
How to make a coffee table with his hands chipboard
Manufacture of metal doors with his hands: GETTING STARTED
How to choose wallpaper for the bedroom: the accents and nuances
How to determine which valves used for strip foundation
Sand bed for strip foundation: there is no need or
Pasting furniture film to update the interior
Copyright © 2015 - 2016 All rights reserved.