- 1 How to insulate the walls in a private house outside? The better insulate the house from the outside?
- 1.1 Why insulation should be carried out outside
- 1.2 Options insulating walls from the outside
- 1.3 The better insulate the house from the outside
- 1.4 Mounting and extruded polystyrene foam (Epps)
- 1.5 How to insulate the walls in a private house outside the foam with the help of wooden slats
- 1.6 Mineral wool: attachment features
- 1.7 How to insulate the walls in a private house outside polyurethane foam
- 2 How to insulate the outside walls - the principle of the device and the choice of insulation material
- 2.1 Advantages of thermal insulation technology from the outside:
- 2.2 Materials for thermal insulation of the walls from the outside
- 2.3 Technology insulation of walls outside
- 3 Wall insulation outside the house or apartment - the types and variety of insulation, the installation of their own hands with the video
- 3.1 How warm the house and the outside
- 3.2 The price of wall insulation from the outside
How to insulate the walls in a private house outside? The better insulate the house from the outside?
Currently, developers in the construction of new buildings paying special attention to thermal protection of exterior walls. This requires not only building codes, but also a desire to improve their competitiveness. However, the situation with the walls in older homes is somewhat different. Owners of private homes is necessary to carry out insulation space with their own hands in order to keep the heat inside and the cold outside to leave.
The causes of lowering the temperature inside the house may be several: poor heating system, the presence of gaps, drafts. However, the most common reason - it is poorly insulated walls. The walls hold the largest space in the room and are a major source of heat loss. There are several ways to insulate the walls in a private house outside.
Why insulation should be carried out outside
Experts recommend to insulate the walls from the outside and from the inside to resort to thermal insulation only in extreme cases. This is due to several features:
- With insulation material protects the house from the outside walls not only against heat loss, but also from the negative effects of moisture. Comfort heats the wall in the case of moisture and condensation contributes to its rapid drying.
- The dew point is shifted closer to the outer edge of the wall. This prevents condensation.
- House warming outside their own hands not only protects the room from the cold, but also retains a useful area of rooms.
Options insulating walls from the outside
There are several options on how best to insulate a private home outside:
- Mounting of a thermal insulation material on the wall by means of mortar and further coating plaster.
- Formation of a three-layer non-ventilated wall. Insulation fixing solution. Further, the outer wall is laid in a single layer brick with the airspace.
- Installation of ventilated facades. Atop mounted waterproofing insulation, which is installed on the windscreen. The final stage is a decorative clapboard siding or other siding.
Each method has its own nuances in performance. There are composite materials, as well as modern modified when you install you should follow a special technology. Installation of ventilated facades can be carried out even during the cold season, as its technology does not provide for the use of adhesive.
The better insulate the house from the outside
There are several types of insulation material. Each of them has its own features and price range. The most popular are the following heaters:
- polystyrene (expanded polystyrene, extruded polystyrene);
- mineral wool;
- basalt plate;
- cellulose-based insulation.
Proper insulation of walls of the house with his hands outside depends on the choice of the optimal variant of insulating walls. The main differences are the above materials vapor permeability, water resistance and thermal conductivity. The first two parameters are selected based on the characteristics of climatic conditions, and a method of fastening to ensure maximum protection from damp room. The thermal conductivity is taken into account when calculating the required thickness to achieve the optimum effect.
Root insulation works outside walls should to calculate the thickness of the heat insulator. Calculations carried out on the basis of data SNiP, GOST and the joint venture. If we carry out the calculations on their own does not work, it is better to use the services of private planning organizations. The thickness of the insulation depends on the performance of house heat loss through exterior walls, window frames, foundations, ceilings and roofs. Considering the data as well as taking into account the capacity of the heating system, the heat-insulating layer thickness calculated.
Further determined the choice of material and perform insulation outside the house with his own hands. It is important to consider not only the type and size of heat insulator, but also the number of required layers. For example, it is better to abandon the styrofoam, if desired stacking in multiple layers. For this fit mineral wool or polyurethane foam, whose thickness is much smaller.
Once selected, the better to insulate the house from the outside, proceed to substantive work. The main goal - to prepare the wall for further installation of the material. To achieve a perfectly flat brick, wood or concrete surface layer was completely removed old plaster or another insulator.
Particular attention should be given to wash the walls. If there are differences in level on the wall (projections and recesses over 2 cm) seal the better their special solution or schesat to the desired level. Use the following primer with deep penetration. Before applying the primer wall is cleaned of dust and dirt.
To insulation for walls lay flat on the outside layer and prevented the construction of external walls of decorative brick or plastering, it is necessary to devise a system in advance and pitches beacons. They are used to determine the plane of the outer edge of the insulation, which facilitates its installation.
The upper edge of the wall anchors or screws are installed. They tie a strong string and lowered with a plumb line to the very bottom. Between them are mounted horizontal threads that form a control grid. It serves as a reference when mounting the frame and installing insulation.
Mounting and extruded polystyrene foam (Epps)
The foam is attached to the wall using a special adhesive for polystyrene plates. Sometimes used for this purpose building "gribki9raquo ;.
When insulating walls Epps surface on which is applied to the adhesive solution, make the rough. This promotes more reliable bonding. With foam no such problems, because the glue fix it without further treatment.
Often to enhance attachment simultaneously use both glue and "gribki9raquo ;. This is a correct decision, which extends heater life.
The final stage is the outside insulation of walls plastering or facing of decorative materials.
How to insulate the walls in a private house outside the foam with the help of wooden slats
In practice, a one sheet attachment foam method - by forming a frame of wooden slats.
For the construction of the carcass rail are used whose thickness is not less than the thickness of insulation. If the thickness is little more, it will create a ventilated space between the insulation and the facing material. The distance between the rails is calculated in such a way that the plate fully inserted in the recess and does not get lost.
This type of installation is acceptable in the case of finishing walls would be used siding or wall paneling. Reiki will serve as a basis for fixing the cladding material.
Mineral wool: attachment features
Using mineral wool can also insulate private house outside. Materials and advice on the implementation of the works are similar to the instructions mounting basalt slabs and insulation based on cellulose.
For a more reliable mounting of sheets of mineral wool formed frame system of wooden slats. The width of the batten should be less than the width of the heat insulating material on 2-3 cm. This provides a tight occurrence of mineral wool between the joists and the absence of gaps. Additionally installed anchor to which further insulation sheets are put. If the wall surface is uneven, a two-layer mineral wool, which layers have different densities. The soft layer provides good traction with the wall.
In terms of exterior trim mineral wool is more universal, as opposed to other types of heat insulators. Above the insulation can be installed outside the horizontal trim, which is fastened under the windproof layer as thick polyethylene film. For walls used decorative brick, siding or other siding. This technology allows you to create a three-layer ventilated insulation, which is suitable for most climates.
How to insulate the walls in a private house outside polyurethane foam
The principle is similar to the installation of polyurethane foam mineral wool mounting technology. However, to perform the wall insulation is almost impossible with the help of this material. The method involves the use of expensive special equipment, which distributes the liquid mixture on the treated surface. In addition, without having the skills to work with the installation causes a lot of difficulties.
The main feature of this method of insulation is very fast execution of works. With the above setting polyurethane is sprayed on the surface. As a result of the chemical reaction transforms the liquid substance into the solid state and is foamed. Insulation does not form an air space between the wall and the insulator, which provides a more robust and durable coating.
Polyurethane foam has many advantages, among which:
- after solidification cracks and fills all cavities;
- vapor permeability significantly lower than those of other materials;
- quickly and securely anchored to the wall;
- excellent mechanical strength;
- good thermal and sound insulation.
However, the cost of the material and its installation are rather expensive. Durability and high quality performance to justify the high cost of its installation.
If sooner or later the question arises of how to insulate the house from the outside with his own hands, on the application of polyurethane guide will help solve the problem of heat loss and to maintain a comfortable temperature in the room.
While some material is used as a thermal insulator, any of the above options to cope with its main task - insulation space. In addition, the outer insulation allows retain heat and protect the surface from moisture. To learn how to insulate the walls in a private house outside, tell step by step instructions and practical advice of experts.
How to insulate the outside walls - the principle of the device and the choice of insulation material
Approach of winter - a good occasion to reflect on warming homes to those who have not yet done. Indeed, in the warmer months, we will not feel the heat loss in the cold.
On the right and effective energy conservation is better to think at the design stage. But what about those who have a house or a house has already been built or residents of apartment buildings. Of course, in addition to insulate the walls from the outside and the inside.
Work on warming the walls can be divided into three types:
Each type has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Within this article we will look at how to insulate the outside walls and will review materials for thermal insulation with photos, graphs and diagrams.
Exterior insulation as a consequence of the definition - this insulation of the outer wall.
Advantages of thermal insulation technology from the outside:
- freedom of access. Agree, it is much easier to perform work outside the building than inside;
- the ability to perform work in a residential home. Wall insulation outside the house does not violate the order of life (no need to move furniture, clearing the wall, and then to produce interior trim almost all rooms);
- preserving useful area of the interior of an apartment building. The thicker the insulation, the more heat will remain in the house. But by the same amount to decrease the size of the room. Especially anxious to include the area of the apartment residents of high-rise buildings;
- wall protection from temperature extremes. The wall surface being in the external environment are periodically heated and freezes. A few tens of cycles, with the material from which the wall is built, changes begin to occur.
Schedule the degree of freezing Brick wall breaks, cracks and tree cracks in concrete slabs. This leads to a deterioration in strength of the structure and the additional heat losses.
Mounting the heater outside of the house to avoid the above consequences. The external insulation for walls, you can offset the dew point in the insulation.
According snip 23-02-2003 "Thermal Protection of Buildings" temperature difference between the interior space and the environment should not exceed the values specified in the table.
But all these advantages can be achieved only if the correct choice of insulation material, quality of its installation and correct calculation.
When calculating the insulation must be considered:
- type of insulation. Each material has its own characteristics;
- the state of the walls to be warming. The material from which it is made have a significant impact. Building structure, cracks, protrusions, metallic elements also significantly reduces the ability of the wall to accumulate heat;
- appointment to warm the room. After all, the requirements for insulation, for example, different baths and garage. Even warm the house, you need to understand that you need to warm the bedroom more than a corridor.
- location of the house. Here the role played by the wind, and the amount of rainfall, the minimum temperature.
External wall insulation to make their own hands, or trust the professionals?
From the true account of the above components will depend on the quality of insulation. Conversely, if something is considered wrong, or perhaps the lack of insulation of the house, or the high cost of its excessive warming.
Therefore, performing the calculations necessary to turn to professionals. When choosing a construction company, pay attention to the period of their work made objects, licenses and necessary responses that best testify to the quality of work. However, there are types of work in which no professional simply can not do. For example, the wall insulation outside the apartment alone is almost impossible to perform. Without the help we can not do (need to take into account the complexity and danger of work at height and rope skills is not at all).
Insulate the exterior walls of low-rise and private homes are quite capable on their own. As a reliable guide, when working with their hands will SNIP 23-02-2003 "Thermal protection of buildings". The document establishes the requirements for the protection of buildings.
Materials for thermal insulation of the walls from the outside
The main indicators of insulation are:
- thermal conductivity - the ability to transfer heat insulation. The lower the score, the more heat will be saved in the warmed room.
- refractoriness - the ability of insulation to resist fire. The higher the score, the more secure will be the thermal insulation of buildings.
- absorbability - the ability of insulation to absorb and store moisture. The lower the value of this index, the better. The reason is simple, the molecules in a moist environment are closer to each other than the gas (the air layer in the wool). Pressed molecules conduct heat better. The ideal insulation material should have a zero water absorption. Since the presence of moisture in it reduces heat insulating properties and eventually destroys the material. It is proved that the moisture increase of 1% of insulation would reduce its insulating properties by 25%. In addition, the building insulated in such a heater is exposed to the fungus, which has a negative impact on the atmosphere in the house.
- breathability - the ability to provide heat insulation air movement between the inner space and the environment;
- Chemical and biological stability - the ability of insulation to resist the action of chemicals and living organisms, respectively.
Comparative characteristics of thermal insulation materials from the standpoint of density and minimum permissible layer are shown in Table.
Comparative characteristics of thermal insulation materials with thermal conductivity of the position of fire resistance and hygroscopicity.
Testing of fire resistance index of the most common materials: foam, expanded polystyrene and stone wool, is shown in video
An ideal insulation material should possess such parameters.
Of course, in practice, to achieve such performance is impossible. Therefore, most materials are combined with each other or with other materials. A thermal insulation system resulting laminate has a form similar cake. Such a scheme allows leveling virtues disadvantages of some other material. Device 'sloonoy9raquo; the system requires the master of knowledge and experience.
The following table illustrates how the insulation thickness should be, to perform external wall insulation and to ensure uniform wall insulation.
Compare Table insulation wall (thickness-CAP)
In this technology stacking each of the different submissions.
As already mentioned, the wall insulation panel houses the outside is different from the insulation of facades of private homes increased work complexity and less choice of materials. Since in this case it can be used only rigid insulation. On the one hand, their price is much lower than everyone else, on the other - the cost of work is much higher.
When designing the insulation must be considered and the material of the wall. Sometimes the wall material imposes significant limitations.
Thus, for example, insulation of outside walls of timber is made only with natural hemp type materials, felted jute or moss. Their use allows to preserve the natural beauty of natural wood and reduce the heat loss through the cracks.
But, insulation brick walls on the outside, you can make almost any material. It does not impose significant restrictions on the choice of material for insulating silicate walls outside.
Technology insulation of walls outside
Today the market offers a variety of materials for thermal insulation of the walls from the outside. Their wide range allows you to choose the one that is suitable for your particular room. Depending on the type of instruction to be used varies according to the arrangement. However, to understand is a short main approaches to the insulation outside the house a variety of materials.
Outside wall insulation foam
Outside wall insulation foam
The foam is the most popular material for thermal insulation, both private and high-rise buildings. Due to the low thermal conductivity, low weight, availability and low cost, is widely accepted among users. Process foam insulating walls outside relatively simple.
- Frameless installation foam It involves the use of an adhesive for attaching the sheet to the surface. Sheets carefully joined together. However, the joints formed thermal bridges. To avoid this, it is better to stack the sheets in two layers. Perehlestyvayas each other, they will be better save heat. Sheet plastic dowel is fixed and closes the polymeric mesh. Such a method is used in case the plaster will be applied over the foam.
- Foam mounting frame method - requires mandatory installation of the frame. It should be noted that this method is rarely used and often in the case, if you plan to finish building exterior siding, or lumber (lining).
For more information about foam insulation Watch the video
Outside wall insulation polystyrene and Penoplex performed on a similar principle. Since penoplex, it is the trade name of extruded polystyrene foam.
Outside wall insulation with mineral wool
Outside wall insulation with mineral wool
Mineral wool (mats) are suitable for thermal insulation of the walls on the outside of a private house. Using mineral wool (other than material with an increased density) requires mandatory frame mounting. In addition, mineral wool, due to the porous structure absorbs moisture. Therefore wool installation scheme involves the use of protective films. Plus, mineral wool is well suited for the installation of ventilated facades.
Video instruction for mineral wool insulation walls
Outside wall insulation with polyurethane foam
Wall insulation outside polyurethane foam (PUF)
Spray polyurethane foam (PUF or simply "porolon9raquo) - a novelty in the field of thermal insulation. This inflatable material (from the group of gas-filled plastics) quickly finds his followers due to the high speed of operation, excellent quality of insulation.
Even the high cost and the inability to perform the work with their hands are not a barrier to the growth of the popularity of this heater.
What are the benefits of polyurethane insulation of walls? Home - simplifies operation is applied to any base and possesses high insulating properties. Using this material does not need to prepare a drawing, inspect the wall for defects. Various design features walls - protruding parts, pipes, and now are not a hindrance. After material is simply sprayed (inflated) to the wall. The process is well illustrated in video
Outside wall insulation plaster
Outside wall insulation plaster
The technology of thermal insulation of walls of plaster - a very conventional concept. In fact, the so-called "mokryy9raquo; insulation method involves the use of a heater as the primary insulation layer and as a finishing plaster. Ie, to achieve the effect, it is necessary to perform the outside wall insulation plaster.
Wall insulation outside siding
Wall insulation outside siding
Technology insulation siding, along with the use of the wet method, also does not apply to self-warming. Vinyl siding, and especially metal siding, can not be attributed to the insulation materials. They are also used only as a cladding (finishing) material for finishing. Wall insulation outside under siding can be accomplished using foam or mineral wool. The materials are placed in the frame, which is the installation of a mandatory step when attaching siding.
External wall insulation will allow you to save from 10 to 25% of the heat. But the wall - is not the only source of heat. To house warming be effective you need to take care of the insulation not only walls, but also to the basement, roof, attic (attic), the windows and doors.
Information project of building a house with his own hands. Full or partial copying of materials is only possible in agreement with the administrator
Wall insulation outside the house or apartment - the types and variety of insulation, the installation of their own hands with the video
Facade of houses can not always withstand frosts and piercing winds, which is why there is a chill in the room. Warming house outside help to protect the building from moisture, keeping the hot air in the room. In this article you will learn what wall insulation from the outside, how to raise the temperature inside a wooden house, and what is the difference between the thermal insulation of mineral wool and foam.
A common method is energy saving insulation - insulation for walls or inside the building, to perform special materials. Insulate the facade apartments, you get rid of mold, improve noise protection, establish thermoregulation - the room will be cool in summer and warm in winter. Insulation is not just a barrier between the cold air and the internal microclimate of dwelling, but also protects the building from moisture and sun, increasing its durability.
Methods insulating walls outside
Distinguish internal and external wall insulation at home. The second type of thermal insulation is more efficient than the first, because it does not reduce the area of the room, withdraws the condensate from the internal walls, retains heat longer. There are four ways of facade insulation:
- Cladding - a way that combines thermal insulation with decorative finish;
- Attachment - expensive method, which employs insulated structures of steel sheets and facing layer (plastic siding, wood lining, block house);
- "Wet" - a method that relies on the facade of the mounting foam with glue, applying the grid, finishing coats and plasters;
- spraying liquid insulation - polyurethane foam is sprayed onto the façade, decorative coating or cladding is applied to it.
Through wall facade takes up 50% of home heat, so the heat insulation of houses - a necessary procedure for those who want to maintain a comfortable microclimate in the shelter and to save on electricity. Choosing insulation for the walls of the house from the outside, should be guided by the wall material as concrete, brick, wood and block designs use different technology insulation. Carry out thermal insulation of private homes are cheaper than apartments in high-rise building.
If you live in an apartment building with central heating system, insulation outside the apartment - the best option, which helps to avoid additional costs to support a comfortable temperature in the room with the help of electricity. Insulate an apartment, you can solve the problem of sealing joints in prefabricated high-rises. Not all residents of multi-storey house agree to insulate your home, so it is often insulated flat spot, which may lead to the destruction of the main wall at the joints to the insulated surface.
It is necessary to choose the right materials for the thermal insulation of the walls from the outside, given, from which the building is constructed, how many floors it, what climatic features of the area. From the choice of materials and the quality of the installation depends entirely on microclimate premises. Insulation materials are classified according to the following criteria:
- thermal conductivity;
- fire resistance;
- sound insulation;
- ecological security;
Exterior insulation gives the desired result only if the insulation materials fit snugly to the frame of the room, with no air gaps. There are some types of insulation for the walls outside:
Increasingly gaining popularity wall insulation foam. This material is lightweight, inexpensive, easy to use. Obvious advantages of foam - water resistance, high insulation, excellent thermal insulation properties. The disadvantages of the material is its ability to be ignited with the release of toxic substances, brittleness, poor breathability. Before installation, you need to draw a horizontal line of the working surface, which will be the lower and upper edges of the heater placement. The foam is fixed on a special adhesive mortar.
A common method of thermal insulation is a mineral wool insulation of walls. This fibrous material made from mineral raw materials, non-combustible, well air-permeable. Mineral wool is suitable for mounting on building structures of all kinds. The material is resistant to corrosive substances, but absorbs water, so it requires a special waterproofing system. Mineral wool has a long life - up to 70 years.
One of the best ways of thermal insulation is considered to be outside the building insulation extruded polystyrene foam, the second name is "penoplex". Material slightly denser foam are less inflammable and durable. Expanded polystyrene is waterproof, resistant to deformation. One of the drawbacks - poor sound insulation. Penoplex produced in the form of plates that must be fixed without play to protect the insulation from damage by rodents.
Wall insulation with polyurethane foam
Housing insulation outside polyurethane foam is carried out by spraying the material onto the prepared facade. The use of this substance as a heater has the following advantages:
- material expands and fills in minor cracks and hollows;
- polyurethane foam has good adhesion - perfectly adjacent to the substrate, covering the surface without joints, a continuous layer;
- substance becomes solid after solidification;
- it has improved moisture resistance;
- polyurethane foam is an excellent sound insulator.
Insulation of basalt slabs
Reliable insulation of external walls of the house provide environmentally friendly basalt slab made from mineral wool. The material does not ignite, windproof and has excellent cold resistance ability, moisture does not accumulate. Performing insulation basalt slabs allows for almost any facade finish. Installation matter has simple technology, so you can spend it on their own. External material thickness is deceptive - it can even be cut with a kitchen knife.
How warm the house and the outside
External wall insulation will significantly reduce heat loss in the room. The choice of materials and insulation technology depends on specific conditions - the house is made of brick and wood, will be warmed attic or basement. Insulate the facade properly, you make your home warm, the room will protect against the formation of mold, mildew, moisture and insulate the home from outside street noise.
How to insulate wooden house from the outside and the
The house is made of wood it has several advantages over a stone shelter or building brick - lower cost, environmental friendliness above. The main disadvantages are: low thermal conductivity of the timber, a small wall thickness and the presence of gaps between them. Wall insulation of a wooden house can be done by building a ventilation curtain facade with mineral wool, sprayed polyurethane or polystyrene foam sheathing facade. Insulate a country house made of wood, you need to take care of the vapor barrier and waterproofing interlayer. Insulation materials for exterior walls of the house will allow:
- transform the facade;
- protect the wood from the adverse effects of environmental protection;
- improve thermal efficiency;
- save interior space rooms;
- prevent the occurrence of moisture, mold;
- protect them from cold winds.
Thermal insulation of a brick house outside of modern methods
To the house for a year to maintain a stable comfortable temperature, it is recommended to heat insulation brick walls outside. Choosing a heater, you should consider that from a brick built building (hollow, solid, ceramic, silicate). Brick houses are often insulated by ventilated facades or "wet" method. As a heater used mineral wool, polystyrene, polystyrene.
The warm walls of the house outside cheaply
Often people wonder how cheaply insulate the house from the outside. If you do not know what is cheaper to insulate the house from the outside, look for foam. This insulation may be slightly inferior to the other in the thermal insulation capabilities, but copes with the task of maintaining a comfortable temperature. The material has excellent thermal conductivity and moisture resistance, its main disadvantage - flammability. Work with foam easily, so you can buy stuff and try to warm a house on their own, saving more and paying the works of masters.
The price of wall insulation from the outside
Thermal insulation of housing - not a cheap pleasure. If we calculate the cost of electricity for heating the building, it becomes clear that the price of the service will soon pay for itself. Calculating the cost of heat insulation is performed for the selected materials, complexity of operation, quantities insulated area. Find out in the table below, how much it costs to insulate a house outside Moscow, and as the price of different services in different construction companies.
The cost of polystyrene foam insulation
"Summer all year round"
After reviewing the video below, you will learn how insulated facade, using foam as the wires of the outer insulation of basalt slabs. Video tells about how insulation housing made of wood, show the advantages and disadvantages of the various heaters. You will see a demonstration of visual aids that will help insulate a house on their own, without resorting to the services of professionals.