- 1 How warm the house and the outside? Methods for thermal insulation of external facades
- 1.1 How warm the house and the outside? Types of thermal insulation materials and their properties
- 1.2 Causes and thermal insulation of external walls
- 1.3 Preparation of the surface of exterior walls to the processing of insulation
- 1.4 As his hands to warm the house and outside Penoplex foam
- 1.5 How to insulate the house from the outside with mineral wool
- 1.6 How to insulate wooden houses outside their own hands
- 2 The better insulate the house from the outside: choosing a heater
- 3 How to insulate the walls in a private house outside? The better insulate the house from the outside?
- 3.1 Why insulation should be carried out outside
- 3.2 Options insulating walls from the outside
- 3.3 The better insulate the house from the outside
- 3.4 Mounting and extruded polystyrene foam (Epps)
- 3.5 How to insulate the walls in a private house outside the foam with the help of wooden slats
- 3.6 Mineral wool: attachment features
- 3.7 How to insulate the walls in a private house outside polyurethane foam
How warm the house and the outside? Methods for thermal insulation of external facades
Ensure your house warm in winter and keep cool in the summer, while significantly saving energy, you can use the thermal insulation of the facade outside. Materials used for insulation must be such that they would not carry an extra load on the foundation. How warm the house and the outside? What is the insulation applied to the walls, made of a particular material? We offer to familiarize examples of different technologies and recommendations on how to insulate homes from the outside.
High-quality insulation of the facade at home will provide a comfortable climate all year round
How warm the house and the outside? Types of thermal insulation materials and their properties
Responding to a question, better insulate the wall outside the house, you should familiarize yourself with the types and characteristics of the materials for insulation. The main criteria when choosing a heat-insulating materials are thermal conductivity, resistance to moisture and water vapor permeability. Learn what you can insulate the house from the outside, using the latest types of insulation.
Foam - a popular material for thermal insulation of the house
Styrofoam (polystyrene) - material consisting of the air bubbles, placed in polystyrene. It is produced in the form of plates, different in density. It has good insulating and water-resistant qualities, but is vulnerable to the action of sunlight and is easily ignited during combustion releases harmful substances. If direct interaction with the liquid gaining moisture.
Helpful advice! It is known from reviews: outside wall insulation foam arrangement requires high-quality system of forced ventilation.
Technology process thoroughly demonstrates the video "How to insulate the house from the outside foam":
Mineral wool (rockwool) - fibrous material. It is produced in the form of plates and rolls. The density of the material ranges from 20 to 200 kg / m³. The main advantages of mineral wool are its excellent sound insulation, water vapor permeability and fire resistance. Among the shortcomings is the possibility of moisture absorption and, consequently, a loss of insulation qualities as well as the probability that it can be got small rodents. On the Internet you can find examples of the video "How to insulate the house from the outside with mineral wool."
Mineral wool - environmentally friendly material with good sound and thermal insulation properties
Penoplex (extruded polystyrene foam) - a sample of the current generation of thermal insulation materials. Penoplex plates have high compressive strength, low water vapor permeability, resistance to combustion and minimum conductivity. Due to the low water absorption of this material it is possible to work in all weather conditions. Plates from Penoplex easy to cut with a knife and quickly mounted. To become more familiar with the technology Penoplex insulation, can be viewed on the Internet themed video "How to insulate the house from the outside Penoplex their own hands."
Polyurethane - liquid heater, which use the technology provides no gaps and joints. When the polyurethane foam insulation does not constitute thermal bridges that contribute to condensation and wetting the wall. It has no hygroscopicity, it can be used as a waterproofing and environmentally safe. Different morozoustychivostyu and heat resistance.
Basalt plates - flame-retardant, environmentally friendly insulation material with a long service life
Insulation in the form of large rectangular slabs on the basis of basalt fibers. Among the advantages: excellent soundproofing, high thermal insulation, fire resistance, resistance to high temperatures and its extremes, water resistance. Insulation of basalt slabs is not affected by the process of decay, it does not infest the mouse and other rodents, and thanks to a sufficiently large size slabs, quickly and easily covers a large area of the wall. Sufficient insulation density allows to arrange a layer of decorative coating on the front of the wall. Operating time reaches a hundred years.
Attentive study of the properties of the insulation will determine the better to insulate the house from the outside. Understand the issues of thermal insulation will help video "How and what to insulate brick houses outside":
Causes and thermal insulation of external walls
A lot to keep a comfortable temperature in winter and at the same time to save money, try to insulate the house from the outside with his hands. Reasons for this can be many: from the slits, drafts and ending with the weak functioning of the heating system. But still, the main source of lowering the temperature in the house walls are made of materials that do not have insulation properties.
Deciding to insulate the walls, it is important to know that the processing should be subject to exactly the exterior of their hand. inside wall insulation will lead to the fact that the insulation stops heat access to the wall surface. Dew point moves to the room side, which would entail formation of condensate and humidity. This will lead to the emergence of the fungus, so detrimental effect on the human body.
The quality insulated house will be warm in winter and cool in summer
Ways to insulate the outside walls of a private house, there are several:
- It can be glued an insulating material on the front wall with a special glue, followed by finish plaster walls ( "wet facade");
- arrange the walls of the three layers of non-ventilated. Insulation is attached via a solution. Then left small air space and outer wall being built in one brick thick;
- mount facade with ventilation. For this purpose, the waterproofing layer is applied insulation. He covered windscreen and stitched vinyl siding or other decorative and protective material.
EXAMPLE arrangement "wet facade"
Decide how to insulate brick houses from the outside, it is necessary to bear in mind that each option has its insulation device technology and, depending on it, it can be made at different times of the year.
Preparation of the surface of exterior walls to the processing of insulation
Once you determine what to insulate the wall outside the house, you need to start preparing the wall surface to the processing of insulating composition. First layer removed old plaster or other finishing material exterior walls. If the surface has irregularities and cavities, they must be completely level with a solution, and all convexity skived flush with the wall.
Unvented facade arrangement of three layers with the use of plates Penoplex
Further, the wall should be thoroughly cleaned from dust and debris formed as a result of removing the plaster. Then primed using a solution with a deep penetration.
From how becomes smooth layer of insulation depends on the further finishing of the walls or lining device. For this purpose pitches and lighthouses. The upper edge of the wall surface are fixed anchors, they hung up the thread with a plumb line, and lowered them down. With horizontal threads arrange control surface mesh for a guide in the frame unit or directly to the insulation.
From high-quality preparation of the surface of the walls under insulation will depend on how the insulated wall of a brick house outside.
Before installing the wall insulation is treated with a special primer
As his hands to warm the house and outside Penoplex foam
Insulating panels and foam Penoplex used mainly for thermal insulation of brick, block and concrete walls of houses. When the outer wall surface of the prepared begin to insulate a house from blocks outside. If the insulating material is a foam, it is important to dry thoroughly the wall, otherwise the material may be fed to lose moisture and heat insulation properties. This nuance is especially necessary to take into account before you insulate the house from the outside blocks.
How to insulate a house of foam blocks outside of the foam for subsequent finishing decorative plaster? Sheets of foam Penoplex or attached to the wall using a special adhesive. To the first row of tiles to glue evenly to the bottom edge of the wall it is recommended to fix the finish bar. After applying the adhesive, the sheets are pressed with slight pressure against the wall. It is possible to further lock plates with dowels, fungi in the center and in the corners of the sheet. With controlled level and plumb plane deposited foam layer.
Finishing strip serves as a support for the lower row of insulation boards
Once the first layer is tightly adhered, proceed to the next installation. It is recommended to displace the foam sheets of the second layer relative to rows of the first layer. This will allow the dowels to hold the middle of the sheet of the previous layer of foam.
Wall insulation foam with your hands: step by step guide
Features of the foam and its use as insulation on the external walls.
In places where the windows and the corners of the walls, set the frame of the bracket, which is attached to the heater. Connecting seams sealed with tape reinforcing. Once the insulation is applied to the walls, the plaster surface is reinforced with mesh. Next, the surface is treated with primer and plastered. Should be closely monitored so as not had cracks and gaps through which the visible insulation.
For greater structural strength of the insulation plates secured to the wall by means of dowels, fungi, and glued joints reinforcing tape
Helpful advice! If the heater protrudes penoplex, surface treated plates prior to mounting the needle roller to give it a rough structure. This is necessary for better grip Penoplex with the wall surface.
Sometimes the method used foam insulating walls by wooden slats. Such a heater assembly can be used rack and pinions crate for wall finishing material (paneling, siding).
For qualitative outside wall cladding layer of insulation must be laid out as straight as
How to insulate the house from the outside of the foam block using rails? First, the frame is manufactured. The width of the strips to the carcass must be greater than the thickness of the heat insulating material - whereas between the foam material and facing a cavity for ventilation. The distance between the frame battens to be slightly less than the width of the inserted insulation sheet, so that it is firmly held between them on spacers.
Learn professional tips on how to better insulate the outside of the brick house. On the web page you can see the video "How to insulate the house from the outside foam with your hands."
For subsequent application of a decorative layer of plaster reinforced with fiberglass insulation
How to insulate the house from the outside with mineral wool
Many are used for thermal insulation of mineral wool. This type of insulation is suitable for the home, whose walls are built of blocks, bricks or wood. To mount a heater was quality and reliable use of the frame rails. Here also it uses a method of spreading, t. E. The distance between the batten strips should be slightly less than the width of the mineral wool slabs. It is possible to achieve a dense occurrence of insulation between the frame struts.
If warm log house from the outside, the walls of which have an uneven surface, a two-layer mineral wool slabs used with different density layers. Looser layers of insulation provide a high-quality adhesion to the uneven surface of the logs. For arranging wind and hydroprotection mineral wool for insulation of walls can be used a plastic film. As a decorative facing material is used brickwork, siding and other materials.
Slabs of mineral wool are very easy to install
How to insulate wooden houses outside their own hands
How to insulate wooden houses from the outside to the facade remained outwardly aesthetic? Experts recommend doing this using mineral wool, paying attention to what should be provided water vapor permeability of the walls. The use as a vapor barrier plastic film or aluminum foil.
Arrange vapor barrier with slats. They are fastened to the front and vertically to them with staples installed vapor barrier material. Once these steps are cased facade decorative material.
EXAMPLE ventilated facade arrangement with a framework of wooden laths
As insulated square log house from the outside, using mineral wool? Before you insulate the home from a bar outside, check out the main stages of the process:
- arrange vapor barrier using a variety of films. To this end, to the front of the house from a bar nailed uprights and it is secured with staples and vapor. The use as a vapor barrier of polyethylene film or aluminum foil. To provide quality venting, between the main rails suit vents with a diameter of 200 mm;
The distance between the frame struts should be slightly less than the width of the insulation to maximize tight packing
Helpful advice! To prevent the ingress of water or moisture, places stapling material to the rails glued tape.
- further arranged frame for heat insulation. Wooden planks 50 mm thick and 100 mm wide are attached to the vertical wall on edge and insulation layers are inserted between them. It is recommended to insert a plate heater close, without leaving gaps to the entire surface was densely covered by them;
- when laying the second layer of the plate should be positioned so that the connecting seams of the second layer falls in the middle of the first plate. The thickness of each layer is 5 cm Due to its properties, mineral wool boards are held between the boards firmly without slipping and do not require additional fixing.;
Wall insulation at home can reduce its heat loss
- the next step is arranged waterproofing layer. Waterproofing film is attached to the sheathing nailed or stapled. The coating film is recommended to overlap and handle connecting seams adhesive film to prevent the ingress of water;
- for cladding a facade insulated film over the waterproofing packed slats with dimensions 30x50 mm. Then it will be provided with air exchange between paroizolyatorom and lining the walls, contributing to the natural drying of moisture. The bottom end of all the layers is closed mesh to prevent penetration of rodents. The facade is faced decorative material based on personal preferences.
For a more complete picture of the performance of thermal insulation work and learning technology specialists opinions about what is best to insulate wooden house from the outside, ask for information that is in the network. Reviews of masters and owners of the houses from the video "How to insulate wooden houses outside" will be particularly useful in this regard.
Given the fact that the walls occupy a large part of the area, warming their ability to give the maximum effect of heat preservation in the house.
Polystyrene insulation of walls outside their own hands, video
How to choose the best insulation for the walls of the house from the outside
Effective technology foundation insulation Penoplex
Insulation for walls of the house from the outside under the siding: choose the material and the method of installation
How to insulate wooden windows for the winter: the best methods and materials
Glue for expanded polystyrene for the exterior: what to choose
Hello, thank you for the article is worthy of applause, very detailed. I would like to know the opinion of WDVS technology (capatect), say that the quality technology for thermal insulation of the house, what can you say?
The better insulate the house from the outside: choosing a heater
Certainly the residents of apartment buildings a little jealous of those who live outside the city in a private building. Private living space, garden, clean air - the dream of any. Alas, it is not so simple, because the harsh Russian winter forcing carefully insulate the housing to prevent it from freezing. This assumes an impressive investment and continuous monitoring of the state of the thermal insulation material, from which the residents are exempt urban homes.
Insulation of the house rather than using dozens of heaters - you can save money and make the home more comfortable. It is known that there are two ways of private buildings insulation - inside and out. Experienced experts recommend using both, but the paramount need to be concerned about the external insulation. On what material is best suited for certain homes - on.
Requirements for thermal insulation material
The consumer does not threaten the long search for a good product - the market is saturated with products from different manufacturers, so any hardware store, you can choose a decent insulation. However, before buying it is necessary to analyze the material in question on its physical and chemical properties. These include:
- thermal conductivity (ability to conduct characterizes heater or air retention, is lower than the better - is not necessary to use a thick layer of the material);
- Moisture absorption ratio (indicating the ability of a material to absorb water in a percentage by weight: the higher the score, the less durable insulation);
- density (based on size, one can determine how much material will weight house);
- resistance to fire (class 4 is combustibility, most preferably the first (G1), which ceases to burn without an open flame source);
- environmental friendliness (not the most important indicator for consumers, and in vain - to preserve the health of family members is to choose a natural material made of natural ingredients, does not release contaminants into the atmosphere and does not contain synthetic elements);
- durability (prescribed period heater service by the manufacturer);
- hygroscopicity (ability to absorb vapor from the air);
- resistance to pests (insects, rodents, birds);
- Sound-proofing properties;
- ease of installation (insulation must be fixed quickly, with a minimum set of tools; and with him should be done a minimum number of additional works like cutting flat pieces).
It is difficult to select a material that possesses all the desirable qualities. For this reason, it is possible and necessary to carry out insulation on the outside and inside.
exterior insulation Pluses
The question of the insulation on the outside of a private house stands on two occasions - at the construction design stage or when buying ready-made, but it does not possess decent insulation. The second scenario is more common. What are the advantages of insulation outside the home? These include:
- decrease in the deformability of the walls due to the extra protection;
- Facade perceives abrupt temperature variations; therefore extended the term structure of the service;
- freedom in the choice of design of the facade, even when the structure is erected;
- area of the interior remains the same; This allows for any sort of finish, and the living conditions remain the same.
Methods for external insulation of the house
The need and advantages of the present insulation outside; Now consumers should familiarize yourself with the methods of insulation. Those there are three:
- "Pit" location of the material;
- "Wet" with insulation bonding;
- ventilated facade.
In the first case, a heater is placed inside the walls (e.g., between layers of bricks). It turns out that he is "trapped" between two levels. The method is effective, but realize it is impossible for an already constructed home.
In the second case a layer of insulation is fixed on the outside walls of the glue, and then further fixed on the dowels. Over a few types of coatings applied - reinforcing, intermediate, ornamental (finishing). A good way, only requires the intervention of specialists; with his hands to perform the wet insulation walls is not possible without experience.
Ventilated facade resembles "from wells' masonry, only the outer layer acts as a facing material -.. Plasterboard, tiles, siding, etc. In addition, the system will have to build a framework for fastening sheets insulator.
The last way - the hottest, common and profitable. He will be much cheaper than the "wet" insulation; besides, even the novice can perform the work with his own hands. Now, before the consumer to be the most difficult choice.
Existing materials can be divided into two major groups - organic (natural origin) and inorganic (obtained with the use of special materials and equipment).
Forms and advantages of inorganic insulation
Topping the list is rightfully popular material - mineral wool. It is of three kinds - stone (basalt), glass and slag. Differ from one another only in appearance, mineral wool varieties possess the following qualities:
- low thermal conductivity (0.03 - 0, 045);
- Density variations (20 to 200 kg / m3);
- excellent sound insulation properties;
- water vapor permeability (rockwool can "breathe");
- resistance to fire.
It is not without a number of drawbacks, including:
- attraction for rodents and insectoid;
- deterioration of insulating performance by 50% when wet only 3-5% of the volume;
- It never fully dries.
In general, mineral wool is good, but to use it outside the skin is highly undesirable for the home.
The second known outer insulation is foam. Its advantages:
- heat conduction coefficient slightly lower than that of mineral wool (0.03 - 0.037);
- It costs less than other heaters;
- a density of from 11 to 40 kg / m3.
- emission of toxic substances in fire;
- not "breathe", forcing residents to build additional ventilation;
- in direct wet absorbs moisture and become unusable.
Extruded polystyrene is not inferior thermal conductivity foam and mineral wool. In addition, it:
- It does not absorb moisture;
- convenient for mounting, it is available for slabs;
- stronger than the foam;
- almost not breathable.
- while combustion emits harmful substances.
There is another kind of raw materials used for the exterior insulation of walls at home - "warm" plaster. They are a mixture of beads (formed glass, cement and hydrophobic additives). "Breathe", isolate the room from moisture, do not burn, does not afraid of sunlight, easy to repair. Not very common in the market, however, experienced users have already appreciated the heater.
Variations and advantages of organic materials
For those who want to feel the closeness to nature, it is recommended to use raw materials from natural ingredients. These include:
- cork insulation - have an insulation value of 0.045 - 0.06; It represents a comminuted tree bark, compressed by the hot steam and resin as a binder element; easy to cut, "breathe", do not form a mold, non-toxic; now increasingly used for insulation of walls on the outside);
- cellulose wadding (ecowool) - thermal conductivity of 0.032 to 0.038; are shredded cellulose, to enhance the fire retardant properties of the treated; properties resemble cork materials, but better absorb liquid; can not withstand heavy loads and are not suitable for wall cladding;
- hemp - comes plates, coils, mats on the basis of hemp fibers; bad holding load, although dense enough (20-60 kg / m3);
- straw - an ancient method of thermal insulation walls of the house; breathable material treated flame retardants for reducing the flammability; today almost never used;
- seaweed - an exotic method of cladding the exterior walls; density 80 kg / m3, do not burn, will not rot, do not cause interest in rodents are resistant to mildew and fungus. Better suited for light walls.
The preferred insulation for covering home
Each material has its pros and cons. Based on the information above, you can create a symbolic top most quality materials for the walls of the house (the first - the most preferred, etc...). It is also worth considering the kind of facade design.
wool is best suited for ventilated systems - mineral, cellulose. When the well masonry preference is given to the material, do not absorb moisture. Such is extruded polystyrene. Plaster wall finish is combined with a heater, whose density is greater than 30 kg / m3. For example, mineral wool, PPP, foam, any organic material.
For light wall of the wooden house more suitable breathable material - mineral wool, hemp, ecowool cork insulation. The first is preferable, but it is worth a little more.
Country house should be trimmed with a qualitatively reliable material. The user can select any of the previously considered, in accordance with their wishes and financial possibilities. A sound approach to the acquisition of insulation - the key to long life comfortable home.
Once a week we send a digest of the most popular articles.
And I found a lot of advantages in the insulation Altai, it still has grass that prevents rot. Although, I think that most of the house will not rot due to the insulation properties not hold water in itself. Then there will be shrinkage and air will be at.
Last summer to warm wooden house in the country outside and doing trim. I decided to warm mineral wool ipodyskival moisture and wind protective film for it. SA130 Ondutis chosen film. The house feels good)
Good afternoon! I insulate the building on one layer perimeter. Serious work, so I think maybe in vain, and not worth saving, and as advised by the manufacturer, the roof and the floor laid in 2 layers? Insulation Arctic, villa in the suburbs, in the winter we do not live in it, but from spring to late autumn. Thank you for your reply
I would not advise you to save. Even more difficult to alter.
Thank you! Considered this way and that ... really - to adapt zhorozhe out))) it is better to overdo it than nedouserdstvovat)
Copying of materials is possible without preliminary negotiation in the case of a direct hyperlink to our website.
How to insulate the walls in a private house outside? The better insulate the house from the outside?
Currently, developers in the construction of new buildings paying special attention to thermal protection of exterior walls. This requires not only building codes, but also a desire to improve their competitiveness. However, the situation with the walls in older homes is somewhat different. Owners of private homes is necessary to carry out insulation space with their own hands in order to keep the heat inside and the cold outside to leave.
The causes of lowering the temperature inside the house may be several: poor heating system, the presence of gaps, drafts. However, the most common reason - it is poorly insulated walls. The walls hold the largest space in the room and are a major source of heat loss. There are several ways to insulate the walls in a private house outside.
Why insulation should be carried out outside
Experts recommend to insulate the walls from the outside and from the inside to resort to thermal insulation only in extreme cases. This is due to several features:
- With insulation material protects the house from the outside walls not only against heat loss, but also from the negative effects of moisture. Comfort heats the wall in the case of moisture and condensation contributes to its rapid drying.
- The dew point is shifted closer to the outer edge of the wall. This prevents condensation.
- House warming outside their own hands not only protects the room from the cold, but also retains a useful area of rooms.
Options insulating walls from the outside
There are several options on how best to insulate a private home outside:
- Mounting of a thermal insulation material on the wall by means of mortar and further coating plaster.
- Formation of a three-layer non-ventilated wall. Insulation fixing solution. Further, the outer wall is laid in a single layer brick with the airspace.
- Installation of ventilated facades. Atop mounted waterproofing insulation, which is installed on the windscreen. The final stage is a decorative clapboard siding or other siding.
Each method has its own nuances in performance. There are composite materials, as well as modern modified when you install you should follow a special technology. Installation of ventilated facades can be carried out even during the cold season, as its technology does not provide for the use of adhesive.
The better insulate the house from the outside
There are several types of insulation material. Each of them has its own features and price range. The most popular are the following heaters:
- polystyrene (expanded polystyrene, extruded polystyrene);
- mineral wool;
- basalt plate;
- cellulose-based insulation.
Proper insulation of walls of the house with his hands outside depends on the choice of the optimal variant of insulating walls. The main differences are the above materials vapor permeability, water resistance and thermal conductivity. The first two parameters are selected based on the characteristics of climatic conditions, and a method of fastening to ensure maximum protection from damp room. The thermal conductivity is taken into account when calculating the required thickness to achieve the optimum effect.
Root insulation works outside walls should to calculate the thickness of the heat insulator. Calculations carried out on the basis of data SNiP, GOST and the joint venture. If we carry out the calculations on their own does not work, it is better to use the services of private planning organizations. The thickness of the insulation depends on the performance of house heat loss through exterior walls, window frames, foundations, ceilings and roofs. Considering the data as well as taking into account the capacity of the heating system, the heat-insulating layer thickness calculated.
Further determined the choice of material and perform insulation outside the house with his own hands. It is important to consider not only the type and size of heat insulator, but also the number of required layers. For example, it is better to abandon the styrofoam, if desired stacking in multiple layers. For this fit mineral wool or polyurethane foam, whose thickness is much smaller.
Once selected, the better to insulate the house from the outside, proceed to substantive work. The main goal - to prepare the wall for further installation of the material. To achieve a perfectly flat brick, wood or concrete surface layer was completely removed old plaster or another insulator.
Particular attention should be given to wash the walls. If there are differences in level on the wall (projections and recesses over 2 cm) seal the better their special solution or schesat to the desired level. Use the following primer with deep penetration. Before applying the primer wall is cleaned of dust and dirt.
To insulation for walls lay flat on the outside layer and prevented the construction of external walls of decorative brick or plastering, it is necessary to devise a system in advance and pitches beacons. They are used to determine the plane of the outer edge of the insulation, which facilitates its installation.
The upper edge of the wall anchors or screws are installed. They tie a strong string and lowered with a plumb line to the very bottom. Between them are mounted horizontal threads that form a control grid. It serves as a reference when mounting the frame and installing insulation.
Mounting and extruded polystyrene foam (Epps)
The foam is attached to the wall using a special adhesive for polystyrene plates. Sometimes used for this purpose building "gribki9raquo ;.
When insulating walls Epps surface on which is applied to the adhesive solution, make the rough. This promotes more reliable bonding. With foam no such problems, because the glue fix it without further treatment.
Often to enhance attachment simultaneously use both glue and "gribki9raquo ;. This is a correct decision, which extends heater life.
The final stage is the outside insulation of walls plastering or facing of decorative materials.
How to insulate the walls in a private house outside the foam with the help of wooden slats
In practice, a one sheet attachment foam method - by forming a frame of wooden slats.
For the construction of the carcass rail are used whose thickness is not less than the thickness of insulation. If the thickness is little more, it will create a ventilated space between the insulation and the facing material. The distance between the rails is calculated in such a way that the plate fully inserted in the recess and does not get lost.
This type of installation is acceptable in the case of finishing walls would be used siding or wall paneling. Reiki will serve as a basis for fixing the cladding material.
Mineral wool: attachment features
Using mineral wool can also insulate private house outside. Materials and advice on the implementation of the works are similar to the instructions mounting basalt slabs and insulation based on cellulose.
For a more reliable mounting of sheets of mineral wool formed frame system of wooden slats. The width of the batten should be less than the width of the heat insulating material on 2-3 cm. This provides a tight occurrence of mineral wool between the joists and the absence of gaps. Additionally installed anchor to which further insulation sheets are put. If the wall surface is uneven, a two-layer mineral wool, which layers have different densities. The soft layer provides good traction with the wall.
In terms of exterior trim mineral wool is more universal, as opposed to other types of heat insulators. Above the insulation can be installed outside the horizontal trim, which is fastened under the windproof layer as thick polyethylene film. For walls used decorative brick, siding or other siding. This technology allows you to create a three-layer ventilated insulation, which is suitable for most climates.
How to insulate the walls in a private house outside polyurethane foam
The principle is similar to the installation of polyurethane foam mineral wool mounting technology. However, to perform the wall insulation is almost impossible with the help of this material. The method involves the use of expensive special equipment, which distributes the liquid mixture on the treated surface. In addition, without having the skills to work with the installation causes a lot of difficulties.
The main feature of this method of insulation is very fast execution of works. With the above setting polyurethane is sprayed on the surface. As a result of the chemical reaction transforms the liquid substance into the solid state and is foamed. Insulation does not form an air space between the wall and the insulator, which provides a more robust and durable coating.
Polyurethane foam has many advantages, among which:
- after solidification cracks and fills all cavities;
- vapor permeability significantly lower than those of other materials;
- quickly and securely anchored to the wall;
- excellent mechanical strength;
- good thermal and sound insulation.
However, the cost of the material and its installation are rather expensive. Durability and high quality performance to justify the high cost of its installation.
If sooner or later the question arises of how to insulate the house from the outside with his own hands, on the application of polyurethane guide will help solve the problem of heat loss and to maintain a comfortable temperature in the room.
While some material is used as a thermal insulator, any of the above options to cope with its main task - insulation space. In addition, the outer insulation allows retain heat and protect the surface from moisture. To learn how to insulate the walls in a private house outside, tell step by step instructions and practical advice of experts.