- 1 Clay tile for facades: features of material and stacking technology
- 2 Using facade ceramic tiles for cladding the external walls of the house
- 3 Paving tile for facades: photo, price, application
Clay tile for facades: features of material and stacking technology
It's no secret that the tiles used for street, must have certain properties, without which its useful life will not be long. These properties include high strength and frost - it has such characteristics clinker tiles for facades, which will be now speech. In this article, together with the site stroisovety.org we will study in detail all of the properties of the material and answer the question, what is the clinker tiles as it is produced and how it performs cladding facades.
Paving tile for facades Photo
What is clinker tiles? In fact, this kind of veneering ceramics with improved characteristics that are achieved thanks to the special method for the clay treatment, which is in its extended high temperature firing. As a result of this treatment, the clay is almost completely melted. As a result, it turns out tile that hardly absorbs water, which allows to operate in all weather conditions - neither rain, nor heat, nor snow, nor cold not afraid of her.
Paving tile for facades: advantages and disadvantages
Clinker facade tiles, compared with ceramics, has a lot of advantages:
- Firstly, it is frost-resistance as described above.
- Secondly, this strength, which is achieved by prolonged high temperature processing. The resultant layer at its surface reflowed clay does not break, not only it is hard to scratch - clinker tiles able to serve a very, very long time.
- Third, UV resistance. Paving tiles under brick or any other do not fade in the sun. This material can be called ideal for outdoor work.
Clinker facade tiles photo
It's only the main advantages of ceramic tiles. Besides them there are other less important features that can appreciate not only the person operating it, but the master, dealing with packing. Since it is easy enough to work - as a rule, it is perfectly smooth and does not cause any problems during installation.
If we talk about the shortcomings of this material, then they undoubtedly include two things:
- Fragility. Still clinker - a ceramic, and she is afraid of strikes.
- Cost. Compared with ordinary ceramic tiles, clinker price exceeds it several times. This fact influences complicated and lengthy fabrication technology and high quality material.
Facing ceramic tiles with their hands photo
Installation of ceramic tiles: features self-stacking
Facing ceramic tiles is simple enough, under certain conditions, which, incidentally, is not so much:
- Firstly, it correctly prepared substrate. Typically, this material is placed either at the concrete or plaster on - any surface should be almost perfectly smooth and free from dust and dirt as well as qualitatively primed.
- Second, it is well-matched adhesive. His choice depends on where you are going to use ceramic tiles. When it comes to interior spaces, there is acceptable ordinary adhesive for tiles. But if we talk about the decoration of the facade ceramic tiles, there is need for a more high-quality adhesive, capable of withstanding low temperatures and do not absorb moisture. If you are supporter of the notorious trademark Ceresit, then your choice is to stop at the dry mixture SM17 or SM117 - this is the adhesive for ceramic tiles best suited to its placement in an aggressive outdoor environments.
How to glue ceramic tiles with their hands photo
- Thirdly, it is knowledge of technology align joints. Here, too, it all depends on the type of tile. If this is a common tile, stacked with cross intersection seams here as when laying tile, the usual tic used for filling of joints. As for ceramic tiles under brick, then its alignment is best to use a round rod with diameter 6-8mm. This tile is laid in rows in the entire length of the wall - before proceeding to laying the next series, Top of the rod is placed, which provides seamless smoothness.
Installation of ceramic tiles with their hands photo
- Fourth, the principle of grout between ceramic tiles. There are two options jointing: the first looks exactly the same as when laying tile usual, but the second more interesting way, which is used when installing a clinker brick, we will look at in more detail. In principle, as such grout will not have to perform if properly stow the rod, ensuring uniformity of the seam. Rod should not just put a tightly adhesive to fill the space between it and the wall. In this case, after the glue dries out a bit and a round rod gently remove, nice and smooth seam will automatically. If you want to make a seam color, it is the space you need to fill in a special grout.
- Fifth, laying subtlety. Their little, but do not ignore them simply can not be, because it is fraught with ceramic tiles falling off. Before you spread tile adhesive, it is absolutely necessary to moisten with water or treated with the back side of the primer.
Grout for ceramic tiles Photo
So in conclusion, I want to note the diversity of clinker material. To date, widespread not only clinker tile facade - exactly the same technology produced and used high-strength clinker bricks, paving slabs, as well as a tile floor and walls. All these materials are distinguished by exceptional quality, durability and ability to withstand low temperatures.
The author Alexander Kulikov
If you like it, share it with your friends
Add about grout ...
Two variants are described. The second option is not seen, but logically this can crank out.
A first embodiment, not like the sealing of tiles, since masonry tile seams 2-3ml so tile joints rubbing nearly flush. And seams tiles under brick, primarily mimic the masonry brick, so this option is similar to unravel brickwork colored solution.
The consistency of the finished mixture for jointing ceramic tiles or bricks may be different. It depends on, whereby you fill seam: a gun or a special thin spatula.
- When filling pistol, consistency - sour cream.
- When filling the spatula, the consistency of loose wet ground.
For those who want to embroider seam in white - when filling trowel, choose a wooden or plastic spatula, as the metal can oxidize and leave on a white seam of dark bands of metal oxides.
Using facade ceramic tiles for cladding the external walls of the house
Currently, there are a lot of materials, which are used for the cladding of external walls of houses and private homes. One such option is a facade clinker tiles. It proved to be excellent, because it has all the necessary qualities that contribute to the creation of beautiful and durable coating.
The first is to understand what clinker tiles. This material special grade of clay, which are fired at very high temperatures, creating products desired shape and size. As a result, products become their positive qualities:
- High strength. The resulting coating is resistant to abrasion and can withstand severe mechanical impact.
- The absence of deformations during temperature changes. Facing not covered with cracks even at very low or high rates.
- Environmentally friendly. The material does not pose a threat to health, it does not contain harmful substances.
- Resistant to chemical agents. It is necessary to take into account that in the external environment may contain various elements that fall in different ways on the facade of the house.
- Durability. Product life tens of years. But to achieve such indicators all installation regulations must be observed.
- Fire safety. Facing not support combustion, i.e. does not propagate the flame.
- The water vapor permeability. The product does not preclude paroobmenu that allows breathing surface.
- Gorgeous decorative effect. Of the walls, which are decorated with the help of clinker, it is always on top. The house is a more respectable and stylish.
The main advantages of ceramic tiles
Of course, like any other material, this product has some disadvantages:
- Although the details differ durability and can withstand a shock, they are quite easily damaged by precision strikes. This leads to the appearance of cracks.
- Not the easiest installation technology. This tile requires a responsible approach. When violation fixing conditions that are in the wrong choice of its composition or application, errors in the device frame or grouting obtainable coating will not differ durability.
- High price. Indeed, when compared with standard ceramic tiles varieties, it will be much more expensive.
On a note! This alternative material is clinker.
Varieties of ceramic tiles
When choosing a product should pay attention to the fact that this wall tiles is of several varieties. Each of the existing options has its own characteristics and scope of use:
- Waterproof. Used for work in places with high humidity, as well as in various waterworks.
- Flooring. Suitable for flooring devices in open and closed areas and for paving.
- Facade. Used for lining the outer surface. It is the most common one.
- Special thermal panels. only recently appeared, but gradually gaining popularity. In such products connected clinker tiles and insulation. Due to this, it turns out panel that is mounted quickly and has excellent qualities.
It is the latter two options are used for cladding facades of houses and cottages.
In view of the varieties, assembling clinker can be accomplished in several ways.
- The standard method. This technique consists in the fact that the items are placed on the surface with a specially prepared adhesive. If necessary, the pre-heater is performed wall cladding. Of course, this method is characterized by complexity. And although it is considered quite dirty, it provides a reliable coverage. But much depends on correctly matched adhesive.
On a note! Such a process is often referred to as wet. He suggests an increase in the load on the load-bearing walls and foundation. Therefore, if the surface had not previously been prepared, they further strengthen and reinforce.
In order to achieve truly high-quality results, you must have some experience. If skills are not available, it is worth a little practice to understand the installation principle.
Facing the facade ceramic tiles is carried out in several stages. Each of them requires a balanced and careful approach is correctly executed actions - the key to the desired result.
By the choice of adhesive is recommended to be treated with special responsibility, because it ensures the durability of fixing parts on the ground. Tile itself can serve for decades, but if the adhesive is chosen correctly, the pieces will fall off soon.
Thus, the fixing composition should possess the following qualities:
- Frost. Under the influence of low temperatures should not occur the destruction of its structure.
- Some elasticity. This will avoid problems with shrinkage of the building.
- Good adhesion. It is advisable to give priority to the specially developed compositions and pay attention to the producer, unknown brand better get round.
Tile adhesive for exterior use Ceresit CM17
In parallel with the selection of the glue necessary to calculate the amount of material. To this end, it measured the total area of the walls, which are deducted from the door and window openings. The right amount of product is obtained from the selected tile size, additionally takes into account the presence or absence of seams. By the end result it is recommended to add a small margin.
On a note! There are special angle pieces, which greatly facilitate the process.
Preparation tool and a base
To work need a simple set of tools:
- capacity (if required kneading a dry blend);
- mixer or a drill with a nozzle;
- set of spatulas;
- rubber mallet;
- a cloth to remove excess;
- a separate container of water to periodically wash tool.
The tools needed for laying tile
Substrate Preparation - it is a necessary process, which takes place even in the newly constructed structures. The overall sequence of actions:
- The base is cleaned of dust and dirt. If there is an old decorative layer, it is completely removed. When erecting masonry often it happens that to cover the remaining surplus of the solution, they need to knock down.
- It assesses the state of the surface. Facing ceramic tiles does not involve the presence of cracks, deformations or severe distortions, any defects are completely eliminated.
- After all the manipulations are well primed wall. Facade suitable composition is selected.
It should wait for the final drying of the surface, further work to proceed only under favorable weather conditions.
Laying tiles is carried out in a specific pattern:
- It is advisable to prepare in advance material and expand it in the direction of travel. For added convenience, runs Conditional markup.
- Tile adhesive is applied to a small area to prevent it from drying. But it must be borne in mind that each stroke should grab just two of a number to the clutch was the best.
- Details lightly moistened on the reverse side and an adhesive composition applied to a small thickness.
- Calculations are recommended to start from the second row. To exclude a slide, you can set the guide rail.
- During fixing tiles applied in its place and lightly tapping, all checked on a level. If the seams are formed, the metal rod used desired diameter or appropriate material thickness.
Once all the rows will be laid out, it fits the bottom line, which may need trimming.
without even the minimum of joints can not be put clinker, but a surface that has a dividing seams, looks much better. Therefore, in any case, the grout. For this purpose a special composition of the desired color. Trowel mixture was applied directly to the joints, to form a beautiful weld tool used or improvised device. For example, one can use scrap steel wire or rod.
Methods of application grouting
Thus, laying ceramic tiles - it's not the easiest event, but the result is impressive.
- Doors, arches
- Oven, Fireplace
- Finishing facilities
- Bathroom, toilet
- Corridor, hall
- Balcony, loggia
- other rooms
- finish buildings
- Summer cottages and homes
- Wooden houses
- Saunas and steam baths
- Decoration Materials
- gypsum plasterboard
- facing panel
- Wallpaper, cork
- Laminate, linoleum
- Decorative plaster
- Finishing work
- Painting, whitewashing
- Exterior finish
Where to begin repairs in the apartment? This question was asked everyone who has bought a new apartment or.
In private and country houses, cottages are increasingly finding its application fireplaces and stoves. It.
Plastering of the walls - it is one of the oldest and most effective ways of leveling, as well as decoration.
Paving tile for facades: photo, price, application
Clay tile for facades - durable finishing material, which is made from pure refractory clay with a very high temperature single firing technology (1300 ° C). It turns out fine non-porous material with low water absorption. This is a necessary condition for water resistance and frost resistance, whereby clinker facade coating more durable than any other, is not less than 50 years and all the while retains the original strength and aesthetic quality.
Through the addition of dyes clinker tiles obtained by a variety of colors: white, gray, red, brick, dark brown. Such variety allows you to decorate the facade of a variety of ways: in one color, in two or three colors, to create an original design, lay out drawing. Even without dye, in the original yellow-brown coating looks very elegantly on the facade.
Paving tiles Stroher
The material is glazed or rough: it also makes a variety of design solutions.
While many facade coating fade under ultraviolet light and suffer from adverse chemical contaminants in the atmosphere (gases, fumes, acid rain), the clinker is invulnerable. Impurities are collected on the surface in the form of sludge, which can be easily washed off with water jet from a hose, while concrete, wood and even brick walls need regular plaster, putty and paint.
Clinker tiles made for facades typically using extrusion technology.
The batch add a little water to form a plastic mass. The raw material is passed through a die with an opening of a certain width and thickness. The resulting tape is cut into a clay tile with a thin wire and is sent to a firing furnace.
In addition, there is the classic method - hand molding. This method is expensive production. Accordingly, the final product is much more expensive and is used only for the exclusive elite finishing or for the restoration of architectural monuments. For the restoration of the tiles often sostarivayut, including sandblasting method: formed on the surface of the cavity, chipped, roughness and wear, to renovated façade looked naturally and gave the impression of an old.
Paving tile successfully used:
1. To finish the cottages and country houses.
2. For registration of urban low-rise buildings and pavilions.
3. For plating of multi-storey buildings.
Please Note: In steps the material is rough and with special notches, intensifying the clutch shoes. Such a surface has anti-slip properties, which are especially important in the winter.
4. For external insulation of walls: the insulation is glued to the wall, and on top is placed facing. It turns out very durable coating, at the same time warm, water-resistant, cold-resistant and durable - a standard ventilated facade of clinker tiles.
5. Due to the fire resistance and resistance to thermal shocks facade tile may be used for decorating fireplaces, ovens, grills, barbecues.
6. The most robust species - paving stones - used for laying floor coverings street, and for the design stages.
Relatively recently, the clinker as a heater got a new use: the production of thermal panels. Compound tile, frame and foam occurs in the factory, it is obtained indivisible integral design output. Moreover, quite easy to assemble: the panel is much larger in size tiles, façade sheathing them much faster.
In the Russian market this type of product are German firms Stroeher, A.D.W. Klinker, Feldhaus, a domestic manufacturer of Keralite.
It may seem that the production of ceramic tiles appeared in Russia recently, but it is not. Russia took over the Germans and the Dutch this experience almost immediately after the coating of the invention. Clinker production plants appeared in our country in the late nineteenth century.
Later the situation changed in the Soviet Union from the mid-twentieth century, there was a large-scale development, the number of homes was a priority factor, often at the expense of quality. Including quality of finish. Clinker production plants were closed, corporate culture has been lost for many years. The revival of the production has already started in the post-Soviet period.
Thus, the clinker coating has the following advantages:
1. The water absorption of from 0.5 to 7 percent.
2. Water resistance, frost resistance.
4. Resistance to temperature changes.
5. UV stabilized.
6. Chemical resistance.
7. Resistance to fungal cultures, bacteria, mold.
8. Environmental friendliness.
9. The coating does not require regular maintenance are easy to care for him.
10. The strength and durability.
11. A great number of colors and textures: rough and smooth except possibly coated with difficult terrain.
And now about the shortcomings. Actually, there is only one: this lining - not the cheap pleasure.
German manufacturers - A.D.W. Klinker, WesterWälder, Roben. Their products on the Russian market worth of 29 euros per square meter. Feldhaus is from 39 (in its collections there is a tile hand-formed).
Dutch hand molding and costs from 39 euros.
Spain: Gres de Aragon - two thousand rubles per square meter..
Several affordable prices for Russian products: Keralite - from 800 rubles per square, as well as Polish (Cerrad) and Chinese (Houson) - from 700 rubles.
However, the aesthetic appearance, strength and durability of the coating of the clinker repeatedly to justify its price. By comparison, just about any other type of facade decoration can be regarded as "temporary lack of money."
Clay lining will not cause problems to you, your children and grandchildren. A cheap cover a maximum of five years will make itself felt the cost of repair. That's when it becomes clear that it is not as cheap as it seems.