- 1 How to make yourself scratching post for the cat
- 2 Scratching posts for cats with their own hands (+ photos and video)
- 3 Scratching posts for cats: how to make the most
How to make yourself scratching post for the cat
When the house there is a new pet, it becomes more joyful event for the whole family, especially if it is a cute little kitten. But most of the joy lasted only until the first bad case for the selection of kitten wrong place for a toilet or spoiled furniture and wallpaper.
To date, there is a huge choice kogtetochek for everyone, but no one will give you a guarantee that the model you liked, will satisfy your cat and he will use it unconditionally. Cat need to get used to a new subject, he may not like the smell, material, shape or size.
Therefore it is better to try to make your own scratching post. We can not say that it is possible to save much, but we can confidently assert that the self-made model, individually fit your pet depending on its age, size, character, habits and characteristics of the breed.
But whether she will like it, it will be possible to identify at an early stage of manufacture, watching him.
should use natural materials that do not have sharp foreign odors to kittens exactly like a cat. Depending on the desired result as a basis we can take natural wood, sticks, plywood, layered cardboard, natural rope, carpet or thick furniture fabric.
Next is to determine the model - wall, floor, corner, in the form of a house or the whole complex.
The most common and popular option - a scratching post-column. In today's workshop we will try to make a similar model.
For work you need the following tools and materials:
- round wooden plate diameter 35 cm;
- wooden block size of 4 x 4 cm;
- long screws on wood;
- wooden or plastic cover plate size 4x4 cm;
- Nylon rope or Sisal rope - 50 m;
- Dyes tissue;
- White paint and brush;
- staple gun;
Note that for the base plate should be heavy and have a diameter of at least 35 cm, while scratching will stand steadily and cat it did not damage. A bar is better to choose a length of 70 cm, so as to fit the height and for kittens and adults.
First you need to fix the wooden beams in the center of the circular base. It is better to mark the center with a pencil and a ruler, and then a thin drill drill holes in the four circular plate, set at her column and tighten four long self-tapping screws from the back side of the plate.
If everything is securely held, can be painted with a base scratching posts, and along with a wooden plate, that you will use as a lid on the top of the pillar, in white color.
When dyeing nylon rope guided by the instruction on the package with the dye. Divide the rope into four parts: two dye in yellow and pink colors, and leave the rest in white. After the rope staining procedure must be well dry and weathered for this for a long time, it is best even for a night, leave it outdoors. During this time, as the time is dry and colored base.
The next day you can start to winding scratching posts. To do this with the help of construction stapler nail edge of the nylon rope to the base of the pillar. And start reeling the rope tight rings, pre promazyvaya post glue. You can start with any color, and then add other colors. Between a different color ropes neatly bundle the tape, and again lock the upper edge stapler.
At the top, the rest of the wooden pad cover with a plastic lid or install pre-painted wooden plate.
If anything like this is not found, you can just paint the top of the white paint or decorate on your own.
If your house has a little kitten, he must have his personal territory, a place where he could hide and no one will touch it, the place where he will sleep, play and exercise without interfering with the rest of the very young age.
Such a place for it can be a house-scratching.
Pick a house in the shop is not difficult, but it is better after all to try to build it on their own, taking into account individual features of cats and their living space.
So, if you decide to make a "Cat's House", it is better to be engaged this weekend, because the entire process can take about two days. One day on the cut parts, the other - in the assembly and trim.
First, let's consider how a house should look like. A basis can take our drawings, especially since such size house suitable for all cats of average weight of 5 kg. If your pet is a little more, then you should be in proportion to the increase of all sizes.
Scheme house floors.
The front wall is similar to the rear, but to the input.
To produce cottage easiest to use plywood or chipboard 16 mm thick. Please note that the corners of the roof, base and shelves need to be rounded.
Order cutting of parts is better in the furniture shop or a special department of the construction of the hypermarket, but if you have the appropriate skills, you can do it yourself.
In addition, the need for:
- pipe for bar - 1.5 meters;
- Flange for pipes - 4 pieces;
- sisal rope 10 mm - 30 meters;
- artificial fur leopard - 1.5 x 1.5 meters;
- artificial fur gray - 1 x 1.5 meters;
- artificial fur with long pile - 0.5 x 0.7 m;
- universal adhesive or thermo-gun;
- Stapler and staples;
- metal corners - 4 pieces;
- wood screws 16 mm - 8 pieces;
- SCREW - 30 pieces;
- key under konfirmat;
- drill sweat under konfirmat 6 mm;
- Scissors and stationery knife.
When all the details of the DSP can be ready to start collecting and trim house.
First you need to sheathe the base and shelves gray faux fur. Cut a rectangle of fabric larger than the base, wrap it part and secure with the underside of the stapler. Obsheyte shelves on both sides.
You can then assemble the roof. With metal parts pull together all the elements of the inside of the roof.
Now connect the SCREW three walls and the house obsheyte them inside one piece leopard fur. Inlets can be cut using a knife stationery and fabric edge is better to glue around the perimeter of the circle.
Fourth wall obsheyte inside separately, and then screw the rest.
A piece of cloth to wrap the outside of the four walls and fix fur stapler.
The resulting box attached to the base via SCREW, screwing them from the back side of a base.
To make scratching posts should first hacksaw to cut the pipe to the bar in two - 50 and 65 cm.
On the basis of using the 8 screws fasten wood circular piece of chipboard. To it fasten the flange and the tube of greater length set therein. The second portion of the flange to fasten one of the shelves and put on top of the pipe.
A smaller pipe with a flange connected with each shelf and set on the house roof. Both tube tightly wrap the rope and fix it with the adhesive. Advance when buying rope should pay attention to her scent, ideally it should be completely absent.
SCREW fasten the roof on to the walls of the house and a fur cover with a long nap.
Under one of the shelves can be attached to the hook and hang it to your favorite cat toy.
"Cat's House" is ready to move.
Give your pet the opportunity to examine and sniff everything, be careful not to intrude on its territory, let him figure everything out. And then a house - kittens will be a real strength for your pet.
Add a comment cancel reply
Sciatica - very painful in the lumbosacral.
Every average family spends almost half of his.
Snowflakes and stars of wrappers - obsolete.
To refresh your home interior necessarily make alterations.
Spasmodic contraction of the calf muscles during the night - it is.
Scratching posts for cats with their own hands (+ photos and video)
Cat peculiar instincts of a wild animal, even the cute and furry lump has claws, beyond which needs care. In nature, wild cats "manikyuryat9raquo; fingers on the trunks of trees, dry grass, rocks or soil, pets are teeth, which is not very natural. Houses, bars, mats and other accessories not cheap, so consider an alternative - a scratching post for cats with their hands, how to do and what is needed for this.
As in humans, the cat's claws are actively growing life. Women with a chic manicure will not understand such a "varvarskih9raquo; beauty treatments for nails, but cats are regularly "spilivayut9raquo; them on hard surfaces. For lack of scratching posts, cat "takes into circulation" upholstered furniture, carpets, furniture legs, children's toys, the top and the warm of clothes. Of course, damage the owner's property is not a way out, but to deny the possibility of grind pet's claws can not be - it is fraught:
- Cracked and chipped claws - it hurts, it hurts inside-nail than in humans.
- Inability to climb trees and vertical surfaces - for the domestic cat is not particularly important, but still pet feels inferior, as a consequence of stress - the cause of all diseases.
- Discomfort when walking - deliver long claws sharp stabbing pain with each step, at first, the cat is suffering, then it starts to limp.
- volvulus claw - physiologically claw grows arc and then stuck in the ball of your finger - the pain, inflammation, permanent injury.
- Sprain - if the cat with unkempt nails forced to jump, kick landing amortized not all muscles, and just a bunch of legs. Before breaks it comes hardly, but painful tension - absolutely logical consequence.
In addition to the above, well-groomed nails lose their sharpness at the same time deprived of the protection of a cat. If you live in the house other animals cat need not be scratched, but deprive her confidence in the safety inhumane.
If your cat regularly walking on the street, the question of the acquisition of scratching posts goes by the wayside. The more important aspect of getting control over the condition of claws. Running from a dog or sorting out relations with fellow cat's claw may lose or break off at its base. Tarnished "manikyur9raquo; - a solid excuse for isolation from the street.
Each pet wants to be good, if your cat is spoiled furniture and things, it is not harmful or bad character, and oversight and frivolous attitude toward your pet's needs.
Types kogtetochek - what to choose
Types kogtetochek distinguished based on the design and construction material. The optimal form is considered a column, material - rough twine, an example in the photo. However, going to the pet store, you are aware that progress had gone far beyond the standards.
In a global sense, are distinguished:
- by design - "gorodok9raquo ;, with a house, toys, bridges, shelves, tiers or all together.
- in size - middle (up to 1 m in height), large, monolithic (the design is attached to the walls and the ceiling).
Immediately determine if the house lives a cat, talk about the great designs it makes no sense. For couples or pride, it is worth considering multi-level options.
Inactive cats does not happen if your pet sleeps days and abandons games - it is an alarming sign. Healthy cat playing with great pleasure, climbs the pole and jumps into blocks.
As it should be arranged kittens - common errors
1. Free height pillar for grinding claws must be at least &09ndash;100 mm, shelves, couches or houses situated above.
2. Post sectional thickness of at least 8-10 cm.
3. Indoor house should be located at the top of the structure. First of all, cats do not like to sleep close to the floor, and secondly, pupils may decide that a house is a comfortable toilet. The dwelling, made in the form of tubes or rings kogtetochku - the best option if a cat do not like high climb.
4. Beds for several cats should be placed at the same height - otherwise the animal which has taken a lower place will feel slighted.
5. For insecure animals not suitable design "house-kogtetochka9raquo ;. The best option - a few blocks standing on each other, without closed structures.
6. Cats are very rarely use "budkami9raquo ;, if you stay on a model with a house, choose a couch with a through output, or windows.
7. Hanging on a rope toy is not interested in all cats. Optimally, to play with the animals, if your schedule does not allow regular entertainment - buy cats, balls, or mechanical toys.
We select materials for scratching posts
On the basis of considerations of animal comfort and ease of care for the hosts selected durable natural materials that are easy to clean:
- For the house - a soft, cloth is not electrified.
- For frame - thick corrugated cardboard, plywood, dry board. Do not use colored, laminated, chemically treated materials factory.
- Stitched - fluff or tow swords with a cross section of 0.5-1 cm is important that the rope is not included stretching the synthetic fibers -. Cat claw can engage and damage the finger.
- Stuffing is not suitable feathers, wool or dry straw. If the design includes soft parts, it is best to use hypoallergenic padding polyester.
- Do not use for the finishing of leather and substitutes, cats do not like slippery and absorbs heat materials.
- If you decide to make the lining of the carpet - do not give it to the dry cleaners, and do not wash with detergent. It is better to rinse the material several times in water and dried in the sun.
Be careful in the choice of materials - if "igrushka9raquo; hit a cat shock, the animal is unlikely to want to continue to use accessory.
The easiest and cheapest option of manufacturing - to find on the street a log or a small deciduous tree stump. The bark is cleaned coarse brush, a piece of wood is dried in a dark place. Then to choose from:
- Strengthen the timber upright on a broad base.
- Dissolve the beam vertically fix mate to a wall or a stand.
Nuance is that not every cat will approve such a model, it may simply not be interested in it, and cause the animal to use "kustarnym9raquo; accessory you can not.
Another economical option - Wall kittens burlap. An arbitrary frame tightly stretched burlap or similar rough cloth folded several times, if desired, can be placed inside an old blanket. Kittens hung near upholstered furniture, small educational work and the cat will understand that the claws on the sofa sharpening is impossible, and that's about it "shutkovinu9raquo; can.
Economical and durable option - cardboard scratching posts. You will need:
- Pressboard (it is made the usual boxes).
- The adhesive or glue spray (spray with simpler and less expensive).
- Glue gun and filling material (for one-time use of the pleasure is not cheap, it is better to borrow from friends).
- Paper or fabric for decoration.
The process is not fast, but simple. Form is chosen arbitrarily.
- Repulpable sheet to strip the desired height.
- Strip incrementally bend, focusing on the internal perforation. As a result, our strip must fold itself into a loose spiral.
- Contractible roll, glue gun along the edges, spray in the middle.
- Herewith overall diameter of 40-50 cm, anchoring, dry them, decorate.
The circular shape is the easiest way to perform, if you want to connect several rolls or give a special shape of the structure, an example of how to do "rybku9raquo; look at the photo below.
More severe design require basic construction skills, cutting, sewing, working with assembly tool. For example, consider a model with sun beds upstairs. If you want to make a compact angular construction, you must either increase the footprint or scratching additionally fixed to the wall.
- Rope or twine (a lot, depending on the height of a column). For the two columns 1.5 m need about 60 m with twine section of 1 cm.
- Screws, mounting a stapler, drill, jigsaw, screwdriver or screwdriver.
- Sharp scissors, office and stationery knife.
- Nylon thread, if you plan to mount a toy.
To get started you will need the scheme and evaluation scale. Based on the desired dimensions prepare the desired amount of material.
- Cut from plywood base frame and sunbeds, grind the workpiece, remove zausenki with spilite.
- Brus tight-fitting twine steps anchoring adhesive material gun or special clamps.
- Based on the size of the plywood blanks cut out and produce cases. It is desirable to provide that they remove for washing. If the cat does not go outside, and washing is not an important issue, the fabric can be attached to a stapler staples, pre-taped edge of a gun.
- Battens notch and bend, fixed on the sun loungers stapler.
- Mark up base and fasten the pillars, after put on and fasten plank covers.
- Polish, if necessary fastened toys and enjoy.
And finally, some video instructions:
Rapid breathing in dogs: Causes and Symptoms
Mites in Cats: Ear, ticks, subcutaneous
Healthy teeth - healthy dog
Please leave a comment on the article. We really appreciate your opinion.
Ussuri cat: striped exclusive
Necrosis of the dog - a very serious disease
Abyssinian: sun glare and flicker stars
Yorkshire terrier: silky, but hairy
All materials published on the site are the intellectual property administration.
Any copying of materials is possible only with the installation of an active link to the page-source!
If you have any questions interesting you can contact us through
Scratching posts for cats: how to make the most
Scratching posts for cats with their hands - it's a great outlet in a situation where your pets, valid reason or another begin to tear the wallpaper, scratch furniture and upholstery to tear it. Cats - this is one of the most popular pets. However, in addition to joy, sometimes they bring and troubles with which we somehow cope.
Stylish outdoor design with toys
In any event, scratching posts for cats - it is an interesting solution for many situations. However, before you undertake its production, would do well to learn something from the "cat" theory.
Many are interested in, what is needed such a structure. So, before you make a scratching post for the cat with his own hands, would do well to familiarize themselves with the various cases in which to place this device - it is necessary. Bitten legs of tables and chairs, torn curtains, wallpaper and decorative elements spoiled - with all such familiar to many breeders. Sometimes it brings them to despair, because people do not know what to do in such situations.
Remember! Just go and punish or expel pet in another room is impossible, as any aggressive reaction of the host - it is not a way out.
Often it turns out that is not easy to cure, if at all possible. So, we have to find some other way. The optimal solution is to use a special device called kittens. If you ask for, it is very inexpensive to produce, and it is really himself. Besides, often you can use the many available materials or residues that have unsold after repair:
- Plastic tubes and pruning.
- Carpet, cloth and other similar coatings.
- Fragments of old furniture.
Angulation - Great
Attention! Some tissues, as well as MDF (fiber board), corrugated cardboard and it is better not to use, as a result of the "cat's activities" of such materials will always be a lot of garbage. In some instances, a cardboard substrate may be used, but not the main outer layer.
Why do cats need to sharpen claws? In fact, in this respect, our furry friends are practically no different from us humans. The fact that their nails grow about as well as the nails on our hands and feet. And if we have the opportunity to eat nails shear nail scissors or other similar devices, the cats do not have such opportunities. So, they have to sharpen their claws on virtually any suitable object.
Cats look for parts of both hard and soft surfaces, including walls, doors, clothes, shoes and more, and start to do a kind of manicure. Of course, they do so unintentionally, because not aware of the damage that is applied to such by their actions. And they, meanwhile, often have to put it mildly negative consequences:
- Nature has to cats climbed into the branches and other vertical surfaces. If they do not have such a possibility, the horses may start to get nervous, which adversely affects their behavior as a whole.
- Excessively long claws can cause some discomfort. And if at first the cat can tolerate the pain appeared, then after a while he would be lame to walk, because the pain occur at every step.
- In some cases, it may happen, and sprains. The fact that at the time of the jump when the normal length of the claws hit depreciated as a padded and muscles located in the legs and arms. If the nails are too long, then hit assume only ligament. Yes, it may not lead to serious injury, but, in any case, bring pain.
- After some time on the claws may appear chips and cracks.
- Sometimes too long nails can bend and begin to grow into the pad, permanently damaging it.
- Any other consequences associated with the fact that the cat was not possible to sharpen claws, can also be very serious.
Scratching posts for cats with their own hands: the scheme, the size of
So we can not forget that any pet should be confident. Subconsciously cats are in need of opportunities to fight back if necessary. With long blunt claws do it - not so simple. And while at home seriously apply their warlike abilities they almost never necessary, it negatively affects their self-confidence.
Be aware! If your cat is spoiled furniture and things, it is not talking about her evil intentions. Often this is made possible due to a simple oversight.
In cases where the pet makes frequent walks along the street (at the cottage, in a private house, etc.), this problem disappears. In addition, you no longer need to search for solutions on how to train your cat to the scratching post. On the other hand, in such cases, you must carefully monitor the condition of the animal's claws. The fact is that in case of damage or failure, it is desirable to isolate the cat from the street. In this case, you already need to know how to make a scratching post for the cat. Scratching posts for cats with their own hands, photo:
Among the common causes of cat vomit wallpaper or spoils the furniture is that it considers this or that place their own territory and thus tries to make their claims to him. Note: often they are "mischief" in the same field, which may indicate that the animal finds a place "their" own. The thing is that on the balls of our furry friends have special glands that secrete a substance with which they "mark" territory.
In addition, sometimes the cats just love to stretch a little, a little scratching, thus, the door jamb. This, incidentally, may address an adult cat and even small kittens adolescent. In any case, it is desirable to solve this problem once and for all. You can buy from a pet shop special tools, and can make a scratching post for the cat with his own hands. House, scratching posts for cats:
To do something like that myself - not so easy
What to consider when designing
Do not think that just kogtedralka cat - a piece is simple enough, then making it, it is not necessary to pay attention to certain rules and guidelines. In any case, something to consider. Thus, the design can be wall (corner or smooth) or a portable "bar" or "palm", which are not intended for the walls, and placed anywhere in the room. Tall and large construction is better suited for large cats, while, as a complex-houses with a rug with stove bench and often "grow" right up to the ceiling, are well suited for animals of any size. In any case, different types are designed to solve several different tasks, so to say, which is better - is not so easy.
On a note! Somewhere it is appropriate to a large complex, a house, and somewhere better to put a compact column or Palma and mobile and stationary solutions for their own good.
You can combine the carpet surface and rope
Here are a few tips to help you avoid some of the mistakes that they then do not have to fix:
- If the design has an indoor house, it is advisable to place it on top because in some cases, at Bole low-lying cats might think that this is a toilet and use it, to put it mildly, not the destination.
- If the bench or the house will be located on top, then, in any case, it is not necessary to scratching posts height of more than 1 meter and a thickness - 100mm.
- In that case, if it is a complex and lezhanok few, try to be mounted at the same height. Thus, none of your pet does not feel in a "low" position in the hierarchy of the cat.
- Toys, which are suspended on a rope, are not interested in all the cats. So, before you hang something like that, watch the character traits of your pet.
- Sam "house" is better to do half-open, and fully closed with a small manhole. This will cause the animals more confidence.
Thinking about what design is best to choose and what types are most common, it is possible to allocate some of the most popular varieties:
Now a few words on how to choose the size. In those cases, if you live in the house of one cat, it is better to choose a small design. If a couple or a cat's pride - think about how to do more complex and larger in size structure.
Manufacturing: how to make himself
Small step by step master classes will help you learn how to make scratching with their hands, as well as how to repair in case of breakage.
Here's what you may need
Bars, wrapped a rope - it is one of the most popular types of such devices. If in doubt, than the wind device, it is better to use natural twine. Here is a quick step by step master class:
- First of all, pick up a foundation that would be sustainable.
- As the column using a round timber or tube of any non-brittle material.
- Connect the base and the tube and fix them.
- Wrap it with a rope, and, to do this we must close to each coil fits to the previous one. After 5-7 cm additionally lubricate the pipe with adhesive for greater strength.
- If desired, you can put on top of a sunbed.
You can also further decorate got home kogtedralku these or other decorative elements.
You can use just two columns, the top connecting them sunbed
But as a flat scratching posts for cats with their own hands can be made. The master class is as follows:
- Take the flat board (will fit any improvised bar).
- Wrap it. Best suited kovrolinovy material.
- Fix carpet stapler or other types of fasteners.
- Kogtedralku attach to the wall or floor.
In fact, the very production of the principle similar to the previous scheme, the only difference is that this design is made in two planes. It is desirable, in this case, attach it to the corner of the wall adjacent to both the plane. Of course, there are other, more complex in the manufacture of corner kogtetochek options, but this is the simplest of those that you can do yourself.
There are other options on how to make a scratching post for the cat with his own hands. Moreover, it can be done quickly and easily, almost without making extra efforts.
Few people think about it, but in fact, a great output can be a simple piece of wood or a log. Scratch it - a pleasure. In addition, you'll have no problem to get this tree cut: in the country, in the village or in the city just at the time when the work of city services saw round the trees. A extreme case, this option can be used to replace, as a temporary.
Tip! As they say breeders reviews plurality, namely those options that are most similar to that with which the animals would encounter in natural conditions are most suitable for them.
So now it was time to bring your pet to his new "toy". How to accustom the cat to the scratching post? Since kittens need to do this: attach it to the foot pad surface scratching posts and push gently. He will release the claws. After several repetitions, he has become accustomed to the fact that this is where you can scratch.
How to teach an adult cat? This is also a snap. If the animal is accustomed to scrape other sites, it should be weaned. To do this, pungent smells are often used. Treat these parts walls, doors or furniture with a special compound, which can be purchased at a pet store. Pungent smell is unpleasant to the animal, which is likely to leave its "object of attention." Attract the cat to the "right place" can be impregnated. Kogtedralka for the cat:
The impregnated scratching posts? The stores sell special formulations, attractive to cats. Often, they contain extracts of valerian. In any case, before you handle any surface, carefully read the instructions. The disadvantages of this method could be considered unless a hundred that over time will erode the smell. On the other hand, your pet is already accustomed to this place. So tame it will not make a huge effort. In an extreme case, you can use the tool again.
As we can see, scratching posts for cats - not so complex design as it might seem at first glance. material they can use very different, and often does - unwanted residues after finishing repair. How to choose the scheme and which option is better - it all depends on the circumstances. In any case, kogtedralka for cats with their hands - it's a great way to not only make the life of your pets more diverse and comfortable, but also a way to save a portion of the family budget.
Scratching posts for cats, photo-image (clickable):
Most people who give birth to the cottage itself, is well aware that it must be not only a place to work and the cultivation of the crop, but the most corners where you can relax from the busy city and enjoy the beautiful views of nature and the land.
Wild animals and birds that live in nature, can not rely on the fact that in winter it someone will help them as exactly how their domesticated "brethren."
Each of us loves the beautifully decorated interior. This commitment is particularly in demand in the cases where the interior design solutions affect the good mood and joy for our loved ones.
Every conscientious owner must take care of the comfort of their pets, guided by the famous quote from "The Little Prince": "We are responsible for those who have tamed."
Sooner or later, before most of us are faced with the task of buying new furniture, including chairs. At the same time, it does not always make sense to buy new furniture to a sufficiently high price, because we can restore the old chairs.
- about the project
- Site Map
Citation of data is allowed only when specifying an active indexable attribution.