- 1 Driving underfloor heating manifold - how it should work
- 2 Manifold (mixing unit) for water underfloor
- 3 How to choose a water collector for floor heating and set it with his own hands - valuable advice of professionals
Driving underfloor heating manifold - how it should work
Installing underfloor heating - a very costly affair, because will have to spend money, not only for the heating circuit, recessed into the floor, but also on additional equipment to ensure proper operation of the heating system. Such equipment are manifolds, pumps, valves and sensors. In this article, we'll show you how to build a collector for underfloor heating independently, thus saving money.
What is underfloor heating manifold
Collector - a set of parts allowing to control coolant: mix and distribute the liquid from the parallel heating rings. The large cross section and allow low speed to mix the hot heat transfer fluid is supplied from a boiler, warm and extending from the heating pipes, which allows to align the coolant temperature to the desired values.
To properly mix the return line (chilled water from loops in the floor) and hot water to the desired temperature at the various sensors installed system: water temperature sensor, heat sensor on the outside and the sensor measures the pressure within the system. Sensor information is fed to valves, which are mixed coolant. floor heating manifold assembly with a pump and a special sensor may monitor the pressure in the system.
To better understand the principle of work and the need for the system, pay attention to the following example: in the house connected to the boiler, floor heating, radiators and shower. Shower requires hot water at approximately 70 ° C, heating radiators require a coolant having a temperature of 75 ° C, and for heating the floor need only 50 ° C, to finish the flooring temperature did not exceed sanitary norms 30 ° C.
As you can see, is directly connected to the boiler all consumers of warm water does not, therefore, a reservoir for warm water floor, which will cool the water for the system, in addition to the normal operation of long loops need additional pressure, which provides pump. See also: "The optimal scheme of connection of floor heating - make the right choice."
For stable operation of the mixing unit you will need:
- Mixing valve, which will be discussed below;
- The pump, which allows to control the water pressure (see more: "How to choose a pump for warm water floor - the difference in the details");
- Shut-off and balancing valves;
- Sensors: pressure gauges with thermometer and thermostat;
- Accumulating in the air system hinders stable operation, so it must be vented to pit.
- You will need a variety of plumbing connectors: bends, fittings, etc.
In total there are two types of mixer valves that are installed in the manifold assembly for floor heating: two-way and three-way valve. They differ in the principle of its work, which should tell us more.
How does two-way valve:
- Thermostat with a temperature sensor measures the heating of the heat carrier flowing into contours;
- If the water temperature is higher than normal, the thermal head closes the valve to reduce the supply of hot water;
- If the temperature is lower than required, the valve is opened and the amount of hot water in the circuit increases.
As you can see, two-way valve operation is to control the supply of hot water, whereas there is a constant flow of return pipes. This valve has a low throughput that provides a smooth floor heating. If the room in which you plan to install floor heating is less than 200 square meters, you can feel free to use this mixing valve.
It should digress and give advice when connecting a mixing valve in the manifold for underfloor heating, it is necessary to install it via the detachable coupling, which will in the future is easy to replace, if the valve becomes defective.
Work three-way valve:
- Three-way valve at the same time balancing the return line and the hot water from the boiler inside through the bypass;
- Inside the valve is a special valve, installed perpendicular to the hot water pipe and a return pipe;
- The position of this valve varies, and that regulates the final temperature of the mixed fluid.
Such a valve is ideal for large heating systems, for example, where it is used several heating circuits. They are also recommended in the event that the collector for underfloor heating Group is able to automatically adjust the water temperature. System to work automatically installed on the valve actuators, controls the weather and temperature sensors.
Three-way valve has two drawbacks:
- floor temperature change occurs rather abruptly;
- Due to the high bandwidth it is quite difficult to regulate the temperature, because even a small change in the valve position can lead to severe changes in temperature. See also: "How is a mixer for underfloor heating and why we need it."
Whether it is necessary to automate the system
First of all it is necessary to talk about the weather sensors. They allow you to adjust the temperature of the coolant based on the temperature outside your home. You could do it yourself, but frost come unexpectedly, like when you sleep, so in the morning in the house can greatly cold, it is in these situations, weather sensors will not let you freeze.
Weather sensors often set indoor temperature sensors, which bias the valve portion to 1/20 when the temperature in the building than necessary.
After selecting all the parts for the heating system, you can begin to build. Set the mixer can be in the outer or inner cabinet, but remember that outdoor cabinets can only fit a system width of 16 cm.
Driving underfloor heating manifold is shown in the photo. Carefully read it and collect your system for this scheme.
Collector - a necessary thing for the arrangement of the heating system in the house, you can only scare the price, but the underfloor heating manifold connection to significantly reduce energy costs for heating water.
Manifold (mixing unit) for water underfloor
When the device water floor heating pipes laid considerable number - several segments, which are called contours. All of them get turned on the device, to distribute and collect the coolant - a collector for underfloor heating.
Warm water floor is characterized by a large number of pipe circuits and low temperature heat medium circulating therein. Basically coolant required heating to 35-40 ° C. Only boilers, which are able to operate in this mode - condensing gas. But they rarely set. All other types of boilers outputs the bole hot water. However, with its contour in such temperature can not run - too hot floor is uncomfortable. To reduce the temperature and mix with necessary components. They, in certain proportions, mixed with the hot water supply and return pipeline of ostyvshaya. Then, through the manifold for floor heating, it is supplied to the circuit.
Manifold for floor heating with a mixing unit and a circulation pump
To all water circuit acted same temperature, it is supplied to the comb underfloor - a device with one input and a certain number of outputs. Such comb collects chilled water from the circuit, from where it enters the boiler input (and partly goes to mix with the node). This device - a comb flow and return - also called collector for underfloor heating. He can go to the node mix with, and maybe - just comb without any additional "burden".
Manifold for underfloor heating are made of three materials:
- Of stainless steel. Most durable and expensive.
- Brass. Average price category. When using high-quality alloy are very long.
- Polypropylene. The cheapest. For work with low temperatures (as in this case) polypropylene - good budget solution.
Manifold for underfloor heating circuits 6
Installation for feeding comb collector connected input circuits underfloor, to the return line comb - outputs loops. They are connected in pairs - it was easier to adjust.
When water floor heating device is recommended to make all the circuit of the same length. It is necessary to heat each loop is the same. The only pity is that this ideal is uncommon. differences in length are much more likely to have, and substantial.
To equalize heat all circuits in the feeding comb flowmeters put on the back comb - adjusting valves. Flowmeters - a device with a clear plastic lid with the applied grading. The plastic housing is a float, which marks the speed at which coolant moves in the loop.
It is clear that the smaller coolant passes, the cooler the room. To adjust the temperature change rate at each circuit. With this configuration the collector for underfloor heating do it manually using the control valves mounted on the back of a comb.
Consumption change respective rotation knob (pictured above are white). Make it easier to navigate, the installation of the collector node, all the circuits, it is desirable to sign.
Flowmeters (right) and servo / servos (left)
This version is not bad, but adjust the flow rate, and hence the temperature of the accounts manually. It is not always convenient. To automate the adjustment of the inputs are set servos. They work in tandem with room thermostats. Depending on the situation, to the actuator is commanded to close or open the flow. In this manner maintain the desired automated temperature.
Mixer assembly for floor heating may be based on two-way and three-way valve. If the heating system is mixed - with radiators and under-floor heating, the node is still present and a circulation pump. Even if the boiler has its tsirkulyatsionnik, all loops warm floor "selling" it can not. Therefore becoming the second. And the one on the boiler runs on radiators. In such case the group is sometimes called pump-mixing unit.
Three-way valve - a device that mixes the two water flow. In this case - it is heated by the water supply and a cold water from the return line.
The operating principle of the three-way valve
Inside this valve regulating a movable sector, which regulates the rate of flow of colder water. This sector can be controlled by a thermostat, a manual or electronic thermostat.
Scheme mixing unit the three-way valve is simple: the valve connects the outputs hot water supply and return pipes, as well as an output that goes to feed comb collector for floor heating. After a three-way valve is installed a pump that "pushes" the water in the direction of flow of the comb (the direction is important!). A little further pump installed temperature sensor from a thermal head, mounted on the three-way valve.
Scheme mixing group for the warm water on the floor three-way valve
Everything works like this:
- From the boiler enters the hot water. At first, it is skipped without mix with valve.
- The temperature sensor transmits the information on the valve that a hot water (above the set temperature). The three-way valve opens mix with water from the return line.
- In this state the system operates as long as the water temperature reaches the preset parameters.
- The three-way valve shuts off the cold water.
- In this state, the system operates until the water is too hot. Next reopened podmes.
the algorithm simple and intuitive. But this scheme has a significant drawback - there is the possibility that in case of failures in the heating surface will be fed directly to the hot water, no mix with. Since pipes Heated floor laid essentially of polymers with prolonged exposure to high temperatures they may collapse. Unfortunately, this flaw in this scheme is not eliminated.
Note that in the above diagram is drawn in green jumper - bypass. It is necessary to exclude the possibility of the boiler without the expense. This situation may occur when all shut-off valves on the manifold for underfloor heating will be closed. That is a situation where the coolant flow rate will not be at all. In this case, if the bypass circuit is not present, the boiler can overheat (overheat even sure) and burn. In the presence of water with a bypass flow through the jumper (made pipe, the diameter of which is less than a step backbone) will be supplied to the boiler inlet. Overheating does not happen, it will work in normal mode as long as no expense will be (do not go down the temperature in one or more circuits).
Two-way valve is placed on the supply from the boiler. On bridge between supply and return conduit installed balancing valve. This device is adjustable, it is adjusted depending on the desired flow temperature (usually regulated Allen key). It determines the supply amount of cold water.
Two-way valve must be installed with a controlled temperature sensor. As in the previous scheme, the sensor is placed after the pump and the pump drives the fluid into the side of the comb. Only in this case changes the flow rate of hot water from the boiler. Accordingly, changing the feed water temperature at the pump inlet (stream of cold set and is stable).
Scheme mixing unit on the basis of two-way valve
As you can see, mix with cold water in such a scheme is always, so that in this scheme the ingress of water in the circuit directly from the boiler is not possible. That is, the scheme can be called more reliable. But mixing group on two-way valve can provide heating only 150-200 square meters of warm water floor - no valves with higher performance.
And two-way and three-way valve is characterized by bandwidth or capacity. This value showing the amount of coolant that it is able to skip through themselves per unit time. Most often expressed in liters per minute (l / min) or in cubic meters per hour (m3 / h).
In general, when designing a system, it is required to make a payment - to determine the capacity of the heating surface, take into account the hydraulic resistance, etc. But if the collector for underfloor heating is going with his own hands, the calculations do very rarely. Often based on experience, and they are as follows:
- valve with a flow rate of 2 m 3 / h are required to provide approximately 50-100 sqm floor heating (100 squares - a stretch with good heat insulation).
- if performance (sometimes denoted as a KVS) 2 m 3 / hr to 4 m 3 / h, their fashionable put on systems in which the underfloor area of not more than 200 squares;
- for areas of more than 200 m2 is needed capacity of more than 4 m 3 / h, but most do mix with two nodes - it turns easier.
The materials of which make the valve - two-way and three-way - brass and stainless steel. When choosing these elements is to take only the genuine and proven - of their work depends on the work of the entire floor heating. There are three clear leaders in quality: Oventrop, Esbi, Danfoss.
There is another option for which you should choose - limits the flow temperature adjustment. The performance is usually specified plug - minimum and maximum temperature. If you live in the middle zone, or south, in the off-season comfortable indoor temperature is maintained if the lower limit of adjustment of 30 ° C or less (at 35 ° C already hot). In this case, the adjustment limits may look like this: 30-55 ° C. For more northerly regions or poor insulation floor taken to limit adjustment of 35 degrees.
How to choose a water collector for floor heating and set it with his own hands - valuable advice of professionals
Collector for water floor heating - it is one of the main elements of the entire system. Thanks to him, you have the ability to maintain a certain temperature for heating. Without this component Heated floor will not work effectively. Naturally, it is necessary to know the principle of operation and characteristics of the installation works.
Before you install a collector for underfloor heating is necessary to understand, it has a device:
- The product is equipped with a circulation pump is necessary.
- Two collectors.
- Mixing valve (it may be 2-wire or three-way). Two-way characterized, that has a low throughput. In this case, the hot coolant is supplied without any abrupt discontinuities. It is best suited for rooms with an area less than 200 m2. The three-way valve can be used in complex heating systems. It is versatile.
- Shut-off and balancing valves.
- Pressure gauges, by which pressure control is performed.
- The sensor and the thermal head, which regulate the heating temperature.
- Fittings, tees, connectors and fasteners.
Any valve becomes clogged with time, as the system is rarely used distilled water. In order to be able to resolve this problem, install it on a removable coupling.
Features some of the structural elements
Manifold assembly can be mounted very quickly, but you need to have it in their structure contain certain mandatory elements:
- The flow regulator. It must be installed if your system contains multiple paths. When this tube length can be different. If it is not set, the heat distribution will be uneven. In this case, the flow rate adjustment allows to balance the flow of the heated fluid in each circuit.
- Thermostatically controlled. They help the system to react to fluctuations in temperature regime in the case of airing the room or changing weather conditions. Such controllers must be installed on each circuit. room thermostats are used to control the temperature.
- Mixing unit. Note that if your Heated floor is energized by the general heating system, the initial temperature of the coolant can reach 70-90 degrees Celsius. It is acceptable only for radiators or batteries. To reduce the temperature of the coolant, special mixing units are used. Thanks to them, mix hot and cold fluid.
- Mixing valve. It is responsible for the cooling fluid is too hot. Valve adjustment can be made manually as well as by a special automatic device.
Manifold for underfloor heating is necessary to choose correctly, it needs to take into account such nuances:
- The most important parameter in the selection of such products is a diagram of a warm floor.
- At the time of purchase, keep in mind that the device ensures the safety of the entire system. Therefore, do not buy very cheap phones.
- You must select the product with all the features of your heating system. That is, the device should provide the necessary pressure in the system.
- During the selection should also take into account the material of manufacture. For example, some of them may be made of brass, stainless steel and other metal. This parameter is often dependent on the price collector.
- Pay attention to the complexity of the model. Perhaps in your case underfloor heating scheme allows you to install the device without any additional elements.
- Note the area of the premises, as well as the fact, for what purpose it will be used. For example, if the room is small, you can use a plastic manifold.
- The last important parameter that should guide, is the cost of the product. It depends on the configuration of the unit. For example, if the distribution manifold includes a flow meter and have the ability to adjust, then such a device will be cheap enough. If you want to choose something a little more complicated, you can buy the device, which is installed in a group of mixers with five outputs. It is produced by different firms. But this group will have a relatively high cost.
In the photo collector group on 5 circuits with mixing unit
Manifold for underfloor heating with their own hands to build and install easy. One need only observe the connection diagram and some features of the work.
If you want to install underfloor heating manifold with his own hands, it is necessary to prepare for the work ahead. This distribution device should be in a special cabinet. Its installation is made inside or outside the walls.
Before you begin work, to be drawn scheme by which the connection will be made, only then comb set for underfloor heating.
Installation can only be performed after the pipes are already laid, and the collector cabinet is installed.
The collector should be positioned so that you do not feel any discomfort. In doing so, it is good access must be provided.
Assembly scheme depends on the number of system circuits. If two of them, then it may be: a two-way ball valve and arranged parallel to each other. They are connected with the control valve. Through the input hot water circulation pump installed and the water temperature sensor. Next there is a connection of the servomotor, which has diverted wires to install the switching unit, power supply and room thermostat. Thereafter the hot liquid is fed into the tube. Thus, a principle of the collector.
Further, this line is connected to the return collector, which receives the already cold water. After the ball valve is fed back to the heating system. This scheme is very simple.
Mount collector for underfloor heating with their own hands is not difficult. But you need to follow certain rules. Note that a self-made collector shall meet all the requirements of the underfloor heating system. Temperature control must be set up correctly as possible.
Driving such an apparatus with connection control valves may require embedding a sufficiently large amount of resources. However, the advantage of this system is the ability to control the water flow in each circuit.
Naturally, the installation should begin with the installation of shut-off valves, equipped with a thermometer. If you are not sure that the collector can collect yourself, it is best to buy a ready-made set of collector. Most often it is already staffed and can be directly connected to the heating system. Such a group can be expensive enough, though there are different models.
If you have purchased a ready-made kits that connect them is not difficult. First the installation of the product to the pipes supplying hot water and reverse. And further it is connected to the floor heating elements.
To lock all components of the apparatus used compressor fittings. Since the elements have different diameters, then their connections necessary adapters.
If you installed a comb for underfloor heating provides the principle of the collector, then everything is done correctly. Leave opinion about today's article in the comments, whether it was useful to you?