- 1 How to assemble the collector made from polypropylene for floor heating system in the house with his own hands
- 2 Collector for floor heating with his own hands: assembly and connection
- 3 Homemade collector for underfloor heating
How to assemble the collector made from polypropylene for floor heating system in the house with his own hands
Collector - a device that is responsible for the distribution of hot water and without it you can not do with the installation of warm, give the house a cozy, sex. Make it on their own and with their own hands is not easy, but it is possible. How can make such a device made of polypropylene? Everything will become very clear when viewing photos and video of the installation of the system, as well as studying the detailed instructions.
How does the underfloor heating system
Familiar radiators, in recent times is the only possible settings for the return of heat in the house, gradually replaced by warm floors and ceilings. They can work at the expense of electricity and due to the hot water. The second variant is considered more practical and, if desired, the radiant floor heating can be constructed by hand. The water heating system sex is no big deal. In his scheme consists of several elements:
- Hot-water boiler. It must heat the water sufficiently well distributed throughout the pipes and still have some reserve power. If this is expressed in the figures, the additional capacity must be equal to 15-20% of the total power of underfloor heating.
Council. When the scheduled space heating larger than 120 m², it is desirable to acquire a boiler with built-in circulation pump or a separate installation.
- It was not necessary to empty the entire system at the time of repair, or in case of an accident, the shut-off valves are installed upstream and downstream of the boiler.
- Tubes, which can be polypropylene, and may be manufactured from a special cross-linked polyethylene, and for routing water pipes to vykladyvaniya floor surface. The diameter of these tubes should be no less than 16-20 mm, but they also have to withstand temperatures up to 95 ° C and pressure of 10 bar.
- Collector - splitter tapped. It is a necessary element to which are connected several paths from the central line supplying warm and reverse intake already cooled water.
Collector - a kind of center pipes, valves, gauges, fittings and other ancillary components made of metal or plastic. The apparatus functions as a mixer of industrial water, which comes from the heating circuits. They and the coolant is distributed back through the pipes.
As a result of reservoir water temperature at different sites and aligned respectively in heated rooms stably warmed air.
Any heating system works as follows: Warm up in the boiler process water is sent to the connected circuits and pipes. During their passage and cools it by the circulation pump returns to the reservoir via the return line, where it is mixed with the hot coolant. The ratio of the hot and the cooled water is regulated by special valves, and the temperature and pressure sensors monitor.
coolant temperature in conventional radiators 70-95 ° C, but in the system of underfloor it should be 30-50 ° C. In case of deformation can increase the flooring and overdrying indoor air. Walk on the floor, too hot will not be possible.
It is in such cases and it takes the work of a collector, because the boiler is capable of producing only one coolant temperature.
When the fixing temperature rising sensor valve is closed and the hot water flows in smaller amounts. After the coolant has cooled down, the valve is opened again. The cooled process water from flyback pipe is supplied under pressure and hot boiler - as needed.
Components of the floor heating manifold
- Mixing valve.
- Balancing valves and check valves.
- Gauge and a temperature sensor.
- Circular pump.
- Automatic air vent.
For self-assembly will definitely need a variety of fittings, adapters, nipples, etc.
Assembly polypropylene collector
For manifold assembly will need:
- ball valves, preferably American;
- pipe diameter of 25 mm and 32 mm;
- coupling with internal thread 32x "1" and 25h3 / 4;
- coupling with external thread 25h3 / 4;
- Ø32 mm plug;
- suitable diameter tees;
- sealant preferably strand;
- security group;
- Automatic device for the exhaust vent.
Manifold consists of two parts. The first comes with heated process water coming from the boiler, and the second portion of the cooled coolant is returned already, ie tank line.
- All parts constituting the comb are coupled by treatment with high temperature soldering special plastic pipe.
- On one part of the collector connects the automatic air vent and safety group.
- Connect the tap emergency emptying.
- In the second part of the collector and the air vent valve is placed. This will connect the pipe to return the cooled coolant.
- To return pipe connects the circulation pump that creates pressure and coolant begins to forcibly move the pipes and heating circuits. He tentatively mounted to the boiler, that is, the arrow on the pump should be directed to the boiler. This setup allows the device to last for much longer.
Places that have been designed to be soldered onto the tee, should be left to the two combs, and only after a precise definition of where it will be possible to weld stub. The presence of the tee must be in order if the need for the expansion of the comb will be in the future.
To process water circulating in the system in the right way you need to install the valve so-called "reverse".
After completion of the heating circuit assembly must be connected thereto, both the collector and the boiler set at a scheduled place for it. Next, you need to screw in one tap on both sides of the collector. The expansion tank is soldered on the supply side. Completes the installation of the boiler connection to the collectors.
Council. If the house in which the collector is installed, two floors, it is reasonable to be connected with its findings four heating circuits, respectively, two on each floor.
Warm floors give the house a special atmosphere, and the installation of a heating system should be treated with the utmost seriousness. Before the self-assembly it is necessary to think carefully about every little detail and review the different variations. If there is any error in the rendering, further operation and maintenance of the whole system becomes impossible and you have to start all over again.
Collector for floor heating with his own hands: assembly and connection
Warm floors have long been a feature of buildings of high standards.
Their use high quality caused by heating - the space around the warmed volume due to natural convection, as the entire floor area serves as the heater for the room air.
wherein the floor itself is heated by electric, film or old good water heater - hot water boiler.
A house or apartment have a few rooms, and in each of them on the floor are placed the thermal circuit.
To a coolant line it is connected through an input-output unit in the form of two tubes.
The need for thermal energy in each of the circuits usually different: in different rooms the temperature can vary. On the other hand, the floor space is not the same, and hence the volume of coolant for each room is different, too.
Thus, between the boiler and heating circuits must be installed with the control valve functions. Such a device is called a collector. According to its functionality is mixing unit. His task - to ensure the water supply to the contours.
Usually, the collector pipe has a connecting nodes - the number of heating circuits.
Total collector contains two tubes:
- one acts as a mixer and a coolant flow in circuits;
- the other serves to collect the return of all the contours and return cooled in water circuits in a boiler, and partly through a two- or three-way valve in the mixer output.
The addition of hot water from the boiler occurs mixer turning thermostatic valve, which is placed on the path of the water supply to the mixer. By reducing the temperature in the mixer is less than the allowable (we remember - is 40 ° C) portion of the valve delivers hot water.
This group of bimetallic valve changes the flow cross-section, and the amount of water flowing. This allows you to set the temperature as desired. At the inputs of the return flow sensors are mounted, and a comb is provided with the return air vent also. Pumping coolant through the system operates a water pump, which creates the necessary line pressure.
A complete set of collector parts also contains a variety of sanitary fittings. In a set of devices for warm water floor manifold, perhaps the most important one, as it provides:
- safety and correct operation of the sexes;
- ability to customize the comfort to use thermal devices.
The collector has a significant drawback - the high cost.
Therefore, many "diy" collect their own hands a variety of options for collectors, in accordance with her purse and the availability of components.
There are two variants of this way:
- Collect collector of purchased components, using the fact that almost all of them are for sale. This can be economical, but the quality of the used products is poor.
- Replace certain items collector tube of polypropylene. Here, the expected savings can be up to 40%, but the aesthetics of the finished device, and reliability, to put it mildly, not very ...
Scheme collector 3 loops may be implemented as follows:
- First, you must gather the tube collector - and the return of coolant, heat supply circuits. For this purpose, one comb on channel 3 or 3 odnopetelnyh node to each manifold.
- The return manifold is equipped with a sensor or flow meter and a set of counter node connecting the return hose for supplying each loop. One-loop collectors connected threaded elements in a comb. Each teplodatchik coolant loop comprising an actuator and a connection node line thermal loop power.
- To one end of the air vent collectors connected, on the other - is connected to the collector pipes pump pumping heat medium, and further connected to this point the thermostatic valve or actuator, which is time by time the hot water faucet.
- The collector assembly to the wall, checked for serviceability and is connected to the heating circuit. After that the final installation and configuration of the entire system.
Here is the simplest version of the operating collector for underfloor heating is available a wide range of DIY artists. Maybe the real collectors often extend connecting more complex system of regulation and accounting.
For example, connect the heat meters, temperature gauges and further more, someone in that much - in fact, and there are of DIY inventors to anything "to gather."
If homemade collector is welded together from polypropylene pipes, it is necessary to replenish the arsenal of special soldering tools for welding parts of this polymer.
During assembly welding method odnopetelnogo size of each node is increased by the joints, and if the thermal loops is greater than 3, the entire collector becomes bulky and its installation becomes problematical. In the rest of the plastic collector circuit and its setting is not different from that described previously.
Watch the video, in which an experienced user explains the nuances of the collector assembly for floor heating with his own hands:
Copying of materials is possible without preliminary negotiation in the case of a direct hyperlink to our website.
Homemade collector for underfloor heating
Popular lately heating of buildings with the use of underfloor heating requires attention in the design, selection of components and devices. increasing the number of components and products, than for a system with radiators is required for manufacturing. This is due to many factors, but the main is the need for a competent distribution of the coolant through the branches and the control of its heating.
One of the nodes is required manifold (comb) which are connected to pipes extending in the floor. It performs several functions and without floor heating device is problematic. Despite the fact that the collector group for underfloor heating is made by many manufacturers and is marketed in many modifications, often a desire to save and create it yourself.
How is this process, from which it can self-assemble manifold and what materials are used for this purpose? Let's try to answer these questions.
Collector in-floor heating system.
Appointment collector underfloor heating
Manifold for underfloor heating systems used for such purposes:
Its main purpose is to feed the coolant temperature and the amount required in each branch of floor heating. For this complete set mixing with the collector assembly comprising a pump, control valves and the bypass (in some embodiments).
the need for temperature control due to the fact that the boilers are mainly prepared by the water temperature is much higher than that required for the underfloor heating. And in order to translate it into parameters required water is mixed with a "return line" to achieve the desired temperature.
The collector node in the mixer.
Further material and Performance collectors different in the type of regulation. They are both even without regulation, so using a flow meter, the manual shut-off valves and automatic devices.
Manifold for underfloor heating without a regulation to create a cheaper version of the distribution system. It does not use any regulating devices, and coolant streams are allocated depending on the characteristics of the hydraulic system. Despite the cost of such an option should not be used, since it is not convenient to use and can create difficulties in the future.
Set this option collector tend mostly those who are trying to save on hardware. It's not always a bad thing. Savings can direct the funds to a place where they are needed. What are the pros and cons of this option?
Collector with manual regulation of the right to life and can fulfill its function in the maintenance of the required amount of coolant in each branch. In this case, the coolant temperature is controlled in the mixing node, and its amount for each loop is set manually adjusting a time. Next, the system works independently. Well-proven brass collectors of this type.
Such variant is particularly relevant when floor heating device as an additional element in the room heating system. When the main heating is carried radiators, or other devices, and underfloor heating only create additional comfort. For the main heating system in the form of a warm floor is better to provide more serious automation.
One option for the regulation of the coolant flow to each branch extending from the collector is the use of balancing the flow meter. This element makes it possible to regulate the flow of coolant and visually monitor it.
The apparatus consists of rod flange, which allows to control conditional passage in the pipeline. It consists of a window with the calibration, by which you can visually identify a particular coolant flow through the branch observed. Adjustment is carried out adjusting ring under the cap. Connecting his header it is held by a thread.
Manifold with flowmeters are often used in current systems due to its low cost and good performance.
In recent years, often installed underfloor heating, which is established collectors with automatic regulation. For this purpose, the servos on each hinge. They are combined with the warm water temperature sensors floor allow you to adjust the coolant flow in each branch in the dependence of the temperature sensor readings.
Collector with actuators.
To do this, set the desired section of the passage. These systems are more expensive than the versions without regulation or with a manual, but rather flexible and give a comfortable living conditions. Do not forget that the automatic systems require competent regulation, without which they will not show its full functionality.
From what we can collector
Provided on the market standard collectors for underfloor heating are made of different materials: it and polypropylene, and steel, and various alloys. The most widely used metal elements because of its quality, durability and reliability.
Issued individual combs with different number of taps of the polypropylene that can be assembled with each other and create reservoirs of different sizes. The same applies to the brass elements.
If there is a problem for the collector installation of floor heating elements are not from the factory, you can use pieces of pipes, bends and other elements of district heating network. Suitable steel pipes of large diameter, in which nipples bump for connecting pipelines. There are also options for using polypropylene tees that are interconnected using cuttings pipes. This action turns comb the right size and characteristics.
The collector of polypropylene.
Making collector with his own hands
If you decide to collect a self-made manifold for underfloor heating, you should have some experience and understanding of the design of heating systems. The first step is necessarily acquainted with the principle of the collectors and the problem then hold competent calculation and manufacture directly.
Scheme underfloor collector is selected based on the characteristics of the particular system. The first step is to calculate and choose the section of pipeline. Before the production, it is necessary:
- According to a predetermined scheme to determine which of the branches will be floor heating system and their characteristics.
- Calculate all parameters of the system: the hot water temperature which is applied to the collector, the flow of coolant through all branches of floor heating, the location areas.
- It is important to ascertain the presence and number of other heating devices, except those that are connected to the distribution manifold.
- Choose a system of regulation and control, which will be used in the distribution manifold.
- It is necessary to define the collector's location, as it affects their design and location of the outlet unions. Doing this point allows for connection of floor heating manifold is optimal.
To create a good distribution manifold, which will intelligently control the underfloor heating in the house, it is important to pay special attention to the selection of components and parts. They should be designed to operate in such systems.
To selected manifold qualitatively fulfill its function, and does not create additional hydraulic resistance to flow and noise, should be guided in the selection of such a rule: diameter distribution manifold must be chosen so that its sectional area is equal to or more than the sectional area of all conduits that connected to the device. The same applies to a collection manifold.
That is, for example, if the collector pipe 4 are connected internal diameter d = 20 mm, the cross-sectional area of the collector must be: S = 4 (πd² / 4) = 1256 mm². That is, the diameter of the pipe to the collector is not less than 40 mm. This rule for the heating network equipment described in particular in such regulations: stations of RAO UES of Russia "Substations thermal networks".
When selecting a set within the collector elements need to focus on these products:
- The comb, which is a piece of tubing with no embedded in it to connect the taps of underfloor piping. They can be purchased separately from the weld metal or solder polypropylene elements. For the collector who is standing on the pitch necessary to have a control valve on each circuit.
- Air vent which connects the upper portion of the article to reset the assembled air system.
- Brackets that allow qualitatively to hold the installation of underfloor heating manifold to the building structure. They can choose between standard or made independently.
- The drain valve, through which is possible to carry out the removal of coolant from the system.
- T-joints and connecting elements.
- Fittings for connecting metal-plastic or plastic piping hot sex.
Accessories for the collector.
This is a standard set of items for collectors of different materials.
Directly manifold assembly for floor heating except the collector includes a large number of additional elements that allow you to manage and monitor the system. It includes a three-way or two-way valve, pumps, valves and control valves. Wiring embodiments, each collector depends on the type of equipment.
Needless to manufacture the collector is no different from working with the heating elements of the network. If you are using polypropylene, all components are soldered in compliance with the tightness connected valves and other elements. It is necessary to monitor the location of the pipes to make it convenient to connect.
When installing the manifold for underfloor heating pipes made of steel must have skill in welding. To work is taken steel pipe of large diameter round or square section. Because the pipe sections are cut to pieces of desired length manifold. Sections of pipe are welded on both sides with respect of tightness, and then welded thereto round steel pipes, which pipes can be connected. To install metering and regulation in the nozzles should be prepared seats for the venting device and other components. To prevent corrosion, a collector needs painting.
Before assembly, it is important to evaluate all the risks and potential savings, then get to work. Should not be regarded as an independent system collector: it is an important part of the mixing unit, and if the idea to build it yourself, you should pay attention to the possibility of self-production of the entire assembly. To do this, it is important to correctly pick all components, three-way valves, pump and Valves. Need to comply with all requirements of the heating equipment installation.