- 1 Cap on the chimney pipe 6 the most successful self-made options
- 1.1 How to choose the shape and material for the chimney cap?
- 1.2 6 most successful designs in the chimney caps
- 1.2.1 European cap: foreign minimalism and practicality
- 1.2.2 Classic umbrella: the harmony of aesthetics and reliability
- 1.2.3 Cap with spark arrester: how to create a barrier for sparks
- 1.2.4 The cap on the ceramic chimney: resort to tricks
- 1.2.5 Caps-vents: the creation of the necessary traction
- 1.2.6 Multi-level cap for the chimney: architectural masterpieces
- 1.3 The top of the chimney to close a complex device?
- 2 Why the need for a cap on the pipe ventilation / chimney
- 3 Is it possible to put a cap on the chimney pipe and how to do it correctly
- 3.1 Umbrella chimney - Pros and Cons
- 3.2 Do I need to put a cap - Recommendations
- 3.3 Post navigation
- 3.4 How to use water heater and save energy
- 3.5 As a cast iron radiators weight affects its characteristics
- 3.6 What is better to choose radiators - aluminum or bimetal
- 3.7 What a gas boiler - floor or wall is better to choose to heat your home?
- 3.8 How to choose the boiler for underfloor heating and correctly connect it to comb?
Cap on the chimney pipe 6 the most successful self-made options
Reliable, stylish and durable chimney hood can both buy and make your own. And many people are attracted to it the second option, because it is another opportunity pomasterit, be smart and give the exterior of your home is another original touch. Let this chimney will not have perfect joints and adjusted to the perfect geometry of each millimeter, look itself is still good, "is the mother", and far small errors will not be visible.
Just to start, decide what exactly you want to get as a result: a simple, but nice classic cap on the chimney pipe, or a more complex design with additional features and creative design. And then, and another - voplotimo in life! We describe in detail how to make each of these options and what you will need for this.
How to choose the shape and material for the chimney cap?
We come up with a cap on the pipe for a long time. This solution allows you to not only make the chimney decorative features, but also important practical:
The main and first task of the cap on the chimney - the last defense against external natural phenomena: snow, rain, high winds and excessive ventilation. Secondary - serve as an additional decoration of the roof. Believe me, the imagination of today's designers, as never before, is amazing! And some of the masterpieces of household and industrial skills catch the eye from afar.
The more so that each item can have its own form, while giving the chimney especially decorative original look. But, no matter what shape you have made no cap, as long as he defended the chimney from rain and wind, without allowing weathering destroying its walls. And yet he found himself durable in practice, because its operating conditions simply is extreme!
Pick up the chimney cap on the need in accordance with the hole diameter and the channel type:
- if the oven is heated by gas in the building, then the cap must be made of acid-resistant chromium-nickel tin;
- if heated with a fireplace, stove or boiler with solid fuel or wood, then it is better not to set a fixed hood and removable, to then be easily conduct an audit.
Total classification chimney caps on ingenuous: with round or square base, black tin, or chromium-nickel, a fixed or hinged. Also, many today are manufactured only caps without any foundation - their fix directly on the flue duct. In Russia, the most popular form of such caps:
It also has the value of the architectural form of the cap:
- Mnogoskatnaya wind vane has excellent protection from falling into the chimney snow and other precipitation.
- The chimney cap with a weather vane looks particularly impressive on a specially installed metal figurines items for the animals.
- Cap with a flat surface usually set for a European-style buildings.
- It is also becoming a popular cap with opening lid, which helps produce freely prevention and chimney maintenance.
- Finally deflector, which is equipped with opening vents, designed to significantly improve traction.
If you notice on the chimney caps are not always used. For example, in areas where there is little wind, and rainfall rarely, cap and non-existent on the chimney. But such a roofing element is necessary for Russian latitudes with appropriate climate.
6 most successful designs in the chimney caps
Suffice noble and modern look at Dymnikov and flyugarok, which are made of stainless steel or galvanized iron. If any, at the same time they are also covered with a colored polymer, then look particularly beautiful. But, if you add a little more ingenuity and give Dymnikov decorative, roof of the house will resemble a fairy-tale palace. And even the standard wind vane looks like another small house on the tube.
European cap: foreign minimalism and practicality
European hoods have the form of generally rounded, longer intended to prevent condensation. For example, sheet steel and fabricated own holders obtained quite sophisticated smoke hole of this type:
And now - a step-by-step, as in our master class:
- Step 1. Take an ordinary sheet metal and carefully, without breaking it, bend around a pipe (the chimney can be right in the loop).
- Step 2: attach the legs, for which the cap will be attached directly to the pipe. The easiest way to bring this welding process or use a special machine. Alternatively perform transverse cuts (not through), and by means of pliers gently bend the strip.
- Step 3. The same sections you do not transverse, longitudinal, if the piece is long enough, and you need an umbrella smaller. Then, at their edges, cut a rectangle and leave the tails centers. Next, fold the sheet in a semi-circle and press the clamp already tails.
- Step 4: Fold the legs as neatly as a hood to obtain a smooth fold.
- Step 5: For the installation of the cap on the tube can use a regular collar for chimneys.
Interesting idea, is not it? Therefore, if you have never made from metal similar products, then we suggest you start with such an option. It's just a bent semicircular sheet in which all four legs. Of all the materials you need is a piece of sheet metal and a disk for grinders.
Classic umbrella: the harmony of aesthetics and reliability
Making umbrella standard for the chimney does not take much of your time:
Set makeshift umbrella on the flue pipe and the cellar:
Here is the video instruction for producing such a simple, but elegant canopy to the chimney:
Cap with spark arrester: how to create a barrier for sparks
Additionally, the design of the standard cap is often equipped with a spark arrester mesh, which, as a bonus to the main functions, does not give the birds to get inside the flue (and wind- blown debris). But at the same time the grid itself should have a large enough hole, then the smoke coming out of the pipe is easy.
Here is an example of the simplest installation spark arrestor on the chimney:
Especially beautiful and visible from afar, a copper caps, spark arrestors:
By the way, copper caps - not a luxury item. With regard to the manufacture of the material is really the best fit for the cap - is copper, which is not only durable, but also aesthetically pleasing.
Employing copper, creating a particularly spectacular accents on the roof that emphasize the status of the house owners. But if you decide to make a cap made of this material, given that when all its components must also be copper (even mount). In fact, in contact with other materials, copper causes unwanted chemical reactions, such as oxidation. But over the years, copper cap gain valuable noble shade.
The cap on the ceramic chimney: resort to tricks
And now we pass from common metal chimneys - to the ceramic and brick.
The main problem of the manufacture of caps on ceramic tubes is that they are quite difficult to any device secure. Therefore, we offer you here is a simple and elegant solution:
Of course, such a cap - a seasonal decision, but in the absence of the chimney of the heating season is closed, it will not be exposed to rain, snow, and filled up the garbage clogged the wind. And, most importantly, a chimney is proberetsya animal (raccoon, by the way, only the appearance of a very cute), and the bird does not sovet its nest. Those. thanks to a straightforward installation, you save yourself a lot of trouble, which usually occur at the beginning of the heating season.
Caps-vents: the creation of the necessary traction
Modern-caps deflectors has a lot of advantages over conventional visors, creating great traction:
Here are more details about what is so valuable, and why such a cap for him should make every effort and purchase high-quality material:
The simplest deflector-visor made of only one metal sheet:
Multi-level cap for the chimney: architectural masterpieces
If you want to make on the chimney hood with their hands especially strong, "for centuries", the following illustrates an option for you just fine.
For this scheme, you will need square tube 15x15 mm, steel bars and galvanized metal mesh with a mesh 25x25 mm, which will serve as a great spark arrester. Such a cap will consist of two separate elements, which are tightened together by bolts. By the very chimney cap you too secure with screws.
All you need - it's cooking operation. Weld mount directly to the frame so that at the time of installation on the roof you have only to tighten the nuts. But everything else - on the instructions:
- Step 1. Make the necessary support for the length of the rectangular base of the hood.
- Step 2. Cook the base truss system for the top of the cap.
- Step 3. Make the rafters corner.
- Step 4. Now, on the upper base weld mounting profiles under the second level and proceed as representatively hole 8 millimeters.
- Step 5. Now tighten it all inside.
- Step 6: The upper level has to do a lot easier. After all, in fact, it is merely a support frame.
- Step 7. All exposed parts of the canopy cover of galvanized mesh (it is easiest to attach to the plastic ties).
- Step 8. The elements of the roof canopy is also better to do galvanized steel.
- Step 9. All the compounds gather to rivets and promazhte silicone sealant (only the roof, because the top of the pipe will have a high temperature due to the rising flue gases).
- Step 10. Now you just paint your visor, it is desirable to hammer paint. She did not fade in the sun and well-kept.
That's such an unusual device of a double cover in turn-based photos:
The top of the chimney to close a complex device?
The most simple and technologically correct solution - installed on a wide chimney metal cap:
Another good way to protect this chimney from moisture and snow between circuits - creating concrete caps:
Note that for many similar version chimney completion seems surprising why the manufacture of the cap on the chimney to do when leaving still do screed? In fact, such a tie does not allow sparks to fall into the pit, and the rain water flows exclusively into the street.
Also suitable option - the production of the cap is wide enough to completely close an entrance to the tube:
Explore our master classes, choose a suitable design and make the template for future object own pride!
Hmm. I only by a simple European cover. Make umbrella unlikely to learn, there is no suitable scrap materials, what to speak of the deflector. And the fact that there is more to the picture shown, this is for high-end artisans - not for mere mortals. I think most do cap is only in the case if the stove and the chimney made with their own hands. And if all a purchased-wage, then the cap is easier to buy.
All of this is possible and to build or buy a ready-made design. Personally, I am for your home made plain metal cap without any tricks. Still, the video I think this is not a great helper. If a person wants not only to cap fulfill its functional role, but also look great, it is still better to buy it in the store. Clumsy hands can ruin a lot of material.
My husband at first he tried to make such a cap. I think he is difficult to obtain two-tier structure, as a result of metal spoil heap, and stopped on a conventional simple conical metal cap. I think it's not for long, because I want something original. Now look after the Internet options, I like a weather vane. With their hands - it's good, but only if you have this ability. If God has not given talents, there is nothing to tempt fate.
Why the need for a cap on the pipe ventilation / chimney
Tradition set the caps on the tubes come to us from the past. Back in the 19th century hoods were exclusively forged, because other options to make a similar product made of iron is simply not izobreli.Trud blacksmith, of course expensive, and afford a decoration on the roof could not all. But in rich houses and castles caps on the pipes were decorated with masterpieces of smithing. Most often portrayed silhouettes of people, animals or birds. Less commonly, owners of any crafts ordered as a weather vane image of an object symbolizing the host session. A kind of visual advertising.
In reality, the practical functions in the hood mounted on the pipe, a few:
- Protect pipes from water and snow. With abundant precipitation in the tube can be a significant amount of moisture capable of "zaperet9raquo; cravings. True mounted cap significantly reduces the amount of precipitation entering the bore of the tube. Form of a cap is necessary to select guided not only aesthetic considerations, it is necessary to take into account regional peculiarities of the locality: wind and snow load.
- The cap on the tube well protects brick bricks from destruction. Our products have special skirt exhaust condensate that forms on the cold metal surface, in contact with the heated air from ventkanala.
- It prevents the ingress of insects in the trunk channels, animals, birds, foliage, and other items that may carry the wind, or the desire to get warm.
- Improves traction. Specially designed for improved traction baffles of different modifications, but any fungus on the tube also copes with this challenge: it increases by about 20%.
Why do I need an umbrella above the chimney flue is clear now. It remains to understand from what it do and what shape is best to choose.
What materials are used for the manufacture of fastener caps
Caps are made in a chimney made of materials which are resistant to corrosion, tolerate high temperature and have long life. The requirement on temperature regime is effective only if the device will close the flue. For air ducts is fine product made of polyester, Puranas, etc. In all other cases, use:
Vane (Dymnikov) of copper are used for a long time, from 50 to 100 years. This is one of the most durable materials, but it is necessary to use mounting hardware of copper. Otherwise begin active corrosion processes that significantly reduce the time the device life. Installation of zinc-titanium cap on the chimney provides for the same reasons only use galvanized hardware. Zinc-titanium - a new alloy, which has recently been used only for the production of roofing materials, but today many campaigns began to make out of it, and caps on the chimney. They have a half-century of the warranty and the price is much lower than that of copper. Install the pipe caps of the other materials may be conventional metal products, although it is better to take those that are not amenable to oxidation and degradation: Most of flyugarok serve may decades, and climb on the roof because it blew the wind out of destroying mount - not the good time. If we talk about the brick chimney, it is possible to use conventional or long nails or cut (but dismantled virtually impossible), you can use dowels. In each case the fastening system is selected based on the shape and material of the tube, having holes for fixing, etc.
Forged caps on chimneys
The most popular form of this production - a cap of stainless steel coated with or without such. service life in this case is 20 years, but the price is much lower. Especially popular option with polymer coating - color can pick up the tone of the roof, and if the design is in the style of the roof, this option looks great.
Is it possible to put a cap on the chimney pipe and how to do it correctly
It would seem that such a simple thing as a cap on the chimney pipe raises many questions: how it should be, how to make shade with their hands, and in general, whether it is necessary to install? Discussion and debate on this topic occupy more than one page of the popular forum, but a clear answer, you will not find it. Let's try to solve these problems on their own, starting with the last.
Umbrella chimney - Pros and Cons
In favor of the installation of a variety of caps (flyugarok) on the end walls of chimneys say the following arguments:
- umbrella partially covers the mouth of the blowing wind and thus reduces the likelihood of overturning thrust;
- smoke hole serves as protection against ingress of debris and moisture in the form of precipitation;
- if you apply the mesh structure, the channel inside the chimney will not be able to nest the birds;
- the product extends the life of tip brick chimney that Deplete the wind, rain and snow;
- wind vane with decorative elements complement the architectural style of the building.
Option vane with a grid of birds
Note. A list, we do not take into account the false advertising information. Allegations that the various nozzles increase thrust in the ducts and increase the efficiency of boilers, are pure fiction.
Now consider the counter-arguments. The main negative point is that the visor to the chimney in the form of the fungus is on the path of combustion products, that is, prevents their free exit, creating a noticeable drag. This means that the umbrella does not increase the chimney draft, but rather reduces it.
The second application of nozzles minus repeatedly confirmed grim statistics. The fact that one of the products of hydrocarbon combustion is water vapor, leaving in the atmosphere together with smoke. In diesel and gas boilers with high efficiency exhaust gases with temperatures up to 120 ° C are cooled, rising through the tube, and then come into contact with a metal cap.
Examples icing funnels fitted with nozzles
The steam then condenses and freezes at temperatures below zero, making the umbrella to icicles formed overlying chimney section as shown. As a result, waste goes into the room and poisons tenants. There are other arguments against the installation of fungi:
- In modern chimneys circular shape birds nowhere to settle, so closing them net charge.
- Properly constructed Flue gas channel is at the bottom of the collection of the condensate with drainage, which safely drain water trapped in the pipe in the form of precipitation.
- Covers of thin galvanized mounted on chimneys solid fuel boilers and furnaces, burn through in 3-5 years because of the constant contact with gases of high temperature (150-200 ° C). It is necessary to put a reflector made of stainless steel, which increases the price of the product.
Do I need to put a cap - Recommendations
Regarding the installation of umbrellas on the chimneys regulations in different countries have different requirements. For example, in European countries allowed to mount attachments only ventilation ducts, and is strictly prohibited on the chimneys. In Ukraine can not put caps on the pipe connected to the gas boiler. In the Russian Federation and Belarus is not a direct prohibition, but rather vague wording snip:
"Baffle boards, umbrellas and other tips on chimneys must not restrict the exit of combustion products".
This Dymnikov emissions pass through the through-pipe and do not encounter obstacles
We propose to approach the issue from the point of view of safety and practicality, and only then think about beauty. Before you make and plant a cap on the chimney, consider the following recommendations:
- Round steel pipe, the outlet fumes from high efficiency boilers with efficiencies greater than 85%, it is impossible to close the traditional fungus. Use conical nozzle as an open nozzle, which is not for any obledeneet frost.
- Brick chimney without inserts attached to the boiler with a high efficiency, it is possible to protect the nozzle in the form of a cap with a nozzle passing through, as is done in the photo.
- On the vertical channels from furnaces and boilers to install TT umbrellas allowed. To iron long visor perform a protective function on the chimney, are provided inside a stainless steel plate.
- On Chimney blocks composed of brick and provided with a lateral air holes, it is desirable to mount a hipped or gable caps. The goal - to close by rain and wind upper part of the masonry, without touching the flue openings on the sides.
There is noticeable that the cap does not prevent the smoke go through the side air holes, but in 15 years of operation of the flue iron covered with rust
To protect the brick unit, and wherein the exhaust chimney pipes open at the top, make or make a box with a plurality of through pipes are inserted in these channels. On top of the air terminals put ordinary fungi, and gas - cone nozzle, as shown in the photo.
Exhaust and flue gas channels are equipped with different nozzles
First of all, you need to find out the external dimensions of the tip, which is planned to strengthen the umbrella, and then sketch a freehand sketch depicting the future design. For its development, use simple rules:
- Dimensions or diameter of the article should be 10 cm larger pipe sizes, the edges were 50 mm on all sides;
- slope angle rays - from 30 to 45 °;
- minimum height of the chimney section to the fungus - 100 mm as shown in FIG.
Apart from the traditional umbrella, there are other options structures - deflector and rotating vane - "sneak." Origin allows actual enhance thrust due to wind pressure, creating a vacuum inside the cylindrical body, which leaves the flue channel. But in calm weather, this device is not only loses its advantages, but also impairs the tractive force in the pipe, creating a high resistance at the outlet of combustion products.
Scheme of the deflector
For reference. The same effect create spherical rotary nozzle, whose example is shown in the picture.
The nozzle is beautiful, but not very effective
The semi-cylindrical vane assembled from several segments and rotating at a special bearing, was called "sneak" through the ability to rotate the wind. If not for the high price and the questionable reliability of the bearing, it would be the perfect cap for each round of the chimney, as well protects the mouth from blowing and rain.
In the manufacture of chimney visors are different materials - sheet steel and zinc-coated, stainless steel or even copper. To make the cap on the tube with your hands, we recommend the first option 2 - galvanized or painted metal is not less than 0.5 mm thick.
To perform this work will need the usual tools - metal scissors, a drill, a hammer and a device for setting rivets. Determine the necessary size of the fungus, proceed in this order:
- Screw in the wooden bar 2 the screw at a distance equal to the radius of 15 mm plus the product. Get a makeshift compass, with whose help charted on the metal center of the circle and draw a boundary line.
- Cut the preform with scissors, and then draw a sector with an arc length of approximately 120 mm (figure resembles the first piece of round cake).
- Cut the wedge, and then firmly align the outer edge of the circle and lock them in a vise.
- Drill along the resulting seam 3 holes and connect the ends of the parts riveted or M4 small screws and nuts. The upper part of the vane is ready.
Drawing a circle (left) and the connection edges of the fungus (right)
Feet fungus and surrounding the pipe clamp is made of steel strips produced by bending a thin sheet of 2-3. These parts are also attached to the umbrella rivets, which can be seen on the video master:
For the manufacture of this sort of caps, it is desirable to use the machine - listogibov or ask for this service in the appropriate workshop. In the extreme case it is necessary to bend the elements manually in a line accurately pristukivaya metal rubber hammer on the wooden bar.
As in the previous version, you should first remove the outer dimensions of a brick chimney, and then calculate and sketch the pattern, as shown in the drawing. Here, the formulas to determine the length of the cell sides depending on the starting dimensions of the pipe and vane height.
Council. The lower portion of the flue channel encircling the mouth, it is better to perform a Z-shaped profile with angles of 90 °, which is subsequently "sits" on top of the well head. Then, these profiles are connected in one-piece frame with rivets.
frame assembly and installation of pillars in the corners
The process of assembling the cap with your hands is quite simple - you need to cut out the metal according to the drawing, the dashed lines on the bend and connect parts rivets. As rigid uprights serves to take ready corners of painted metal thickness of 0.5-0.7 mm. As is assembled gable flyugarki visor and a cover with a passage pipe, clearly shown in the video:
As you may have noticed, for the production of round and rectangular cap on the chimney does not need to be a master sheet metal work. Enough to have a desire, a lot of patience and time to save money on the purchase of this simple detail. For those who are traditional structures of fungi are not very interesting, we suggest to see the latest video of self-assembly of the wind vane - "sneak."
How to put a fireplace for heating private houses
How to make the boiler waste oil
How is the payment for heating in an apartment house
As the chimney is right for a gas boiler
How to choose and install a check valve in the heating system
How to use water heater and save energy
As a cast iron radiators weight affects its characteristics
What is better to choose radiators - aluminum or bimetal
What a gas boiler - floor or wall is better to choose to heat your home?
How to choose the boiler for underfloor heating and correctly connect it to comb?
Copyright © 2018 Heating and ventilation of your home. All rights reserved.