- 1 Laying laminate on the old wooden floor
- 2 How to lay laminate wood floor - careful preparation, all the nuances of technology, advice professional installers
Laying laminate on the old wooden floor
On the one hand to lay the laminate or floorboard on uneven subfloor can not, at first base must be leveled, and on the other hand very often laminate or parquet bought it in order to align the old, cracked, and besides, still and smooth wooden floors . To understand this paradox can be in many ways, but first you must carefully to fathom the floor. This is best suited building 2 or 1.5 meter level, or a short 40-60 cm layer, are stacked on a long flat wooden block, rule or profile, remaining after the installation of gypsum ceiling. The level should be set as accurately as possible, the fact that laminate floors are floating flooring, so if the subfloor is flat, but not horizontal, the laminate will slide into the corner that lower level.
After been measured floors, you are sure to get one of the following options:
floorboards sufficiently equal, are at approximately the same height, drop boards heights of less than 2 mm / m 2 overall bias to one wall or to one of the corners is less than 0.5 cm, the slots between the boards almost no, all the boards are fixed firmly and creak. Fantastic this option I call, because never in my life seen anything like this, but to mess with the installation of oak skirting boards to flooring parquet with a height difference of up to 2 cm / m 2 had. However, the theoretical possibility of such an option, I suppose, and if this option is - yours, then heartily congratulate. On a flat surface can be easily stacked laminate of any class, and the floorboard of any thickness, the new coating will last long enough. Even laminate manufacturers are allowed on the basis of small holes with a diameter of several centimeters and a depth of 5 mm, or common floor unevenness with a height difference of not more than 2 mm / m 2. A substrate for laminate or parquet can be bought very thin and cheap - this is the main bonus of smooth floors.
floorboards not quite smooth (surface boards in cross section is curved or concave wave), the height of the waves or pits depth does not exceed 3 mm, the total height difference is less than 5 mm / m 2 overall bias to one wall or one of angles less than 2 cm, the gap between the boards do not exceed 5 mm, all the boards are fixed firmly and creaking. On such a basis can be safely stacked laminate 32, 33 classes with a thicker base (8 to 12 mm) or the floorboard thickness of 15 mm or more. To new floors did not creak, it is desirable to lay new flooring planks perpendicular to the old wooden planks:
Figure conditionally substrate not shown. backing also better to take thicker. For the rest, all the recommendations are the same as for conventional laying laminate or wood flooring.
Planks Floor not smooth (surface boards in cross section is curved or concave wave), the height of the waves or pits depth less than 5 mm, the total height difference does not exceed 10 mm / m 2 overall bias to one wall or to one of the corners not more than 2 cm, the gap between the boards do not exceed 5 mm, the old paint behind places, whereby pits are formed to a depth of 3-5 mm. This subfloor has needs alignment, Nevertheless, if you are not afraid of a possible deflection and creaking floor that can be laid on a base laminate thickness of 10-12 mm, although it is possible and more subtle, but the thinner is the basis of the laminate, the laminate will lie less. under the floorboard base is still better to be leveled. To reduce the risk of breakage and creaking joints locks on board, it is better to lay a new cover boards perpendicular to the old wooden planks. backing better to take the expanded polystyrene (tuplex type). For the rest, all the recommendations are the same as for conventional laying laminate.
floorboards not smooth (surface boards in cross section is curved or concave wave), the wave height or depth of pits greater than 5 mm, the total height difference of more than 10 mm / m 2 overall bias to one wall or to one of the corners is greater than 2 cm, the gap between the boards is more than 5 mm, sometimes behind the old paint, whereby pits are formed to a depth of 3-5 mm, some boards creak when walking. Such a floor is not any trim substrates. Would first have to strengthen the board and pre creaking leveling flooring sheet materials or flatten the place by putting in a particularly large and deep pits several layers of the substrate, cutting linoleum, laminate or wood flooring. And you can spit on all the wisdom and nothing especially not align, everything depends on your situation, for example, several years ago I had to be laid in the same office laminate thickness of 7 mm, at the old wooden floors with holes up to 2 cm per meter. We used the thinnest and cheapest, polyethylene foam backing. Floors, of course, the creak and sag considerably when walking, but the office staff it does not complain about their low salaries irritates more. Moreover one of my friends did (I did not) the same as in the flat and they, too, do not complain, and the question of why the floors creak, they explain: "It's a laminate!"
Gender is not smooth, some boards have rotted and broken. In this case, does not help even the alignment of the sheet materials, have to first bust floors, and then think about laying new pavement.
I also decided to put laminate floors on the old boards. In the kitchen are already on there is a small NANSY here and there under the weight of oppression. But visually not visible.
Good evening to you. I mentioned earlier in another article in the comments wrote that visually on my floor is not much deviation. A bit deceived both you and myself. Re-detail and carefully double-checked himself and perepromeril floors. It turned out that not everything is perfect. Floors, figuratively and roughly look like part of a Mobius strip. Those. littered one angle down from the heating pipes (16 mm pitch) and also diagonally opposite swamped downward (slope to 11mm) under 2m level shabashki underlay. Middle level equal and occur only concavity on each board from 2 to 7 mm.
In this case, I get option 3, according to your article ("Realnyy9quot;) approaching the embodiment 4 ("Plohoy9quot;).
As I understood from the description of them, in theory, in principle, the plywood can not place, but not insured then laminate floors from scratches, deflections and overall wear will be high. Right?
By myself I think it's better to align the veneer to be safe.
And what about laminate: you do not really approve of this option is the flooring. What would you do in his apartment lay a floor? What do you think about vinyl "doskah9quot ;?
Thank you for the article!
In principle, if in one of the corners of the furniture will stand, and in the second, you often will not go, then you can really do without leveling plywood.
Regarding laminate will say this: it is an ideal for the price and speed of installation option when the base is smooth. Unfortunately this happens is not always to the same water to wash the laminate is not desirable (at least normal laminate, and a water-resistant must be handled with care).
And if under the vinyl planks you mean rectangular PVC tiles, imitating the wooden floor, then these are the tiles I pasted on plywood lined floor at Tiffany's (see. Article "How to align the wooden floor without breaking the board"). And at home I pasted on plywood square tiles under the stone (see. Article "Laying PVC square tiles on the floor. Part 1 - Preparation of the base markup"). It was 8-10 years ago, while a PVC coating have no complaints, despite the fact that the oldest daughter and went on a bike and rollerblading and skateboard on the cover (which is only a brake trace scour too heavy). But, again, PVC coated several times more expensive than laminate, and this does not include costs for plywood. So you decide.
Note: Perhaps your question, especially if it concerns the calculation of structures and will not appear in the list, or go unanswered, even if you zadatite it 20 times in a row. Why is explained in detail in the article "To make an appointment to the doctor" (link in the header).
Terminal number Yandex Wallet 410012390761783
Ukraine - hryvnia card number (Privatbank) 5168 7423 0569 0962
Purse webmoney: R158114101090
Dr. Lom. First aid for repairs, Copyright © 2010-2017
How to lay laminate wood floor - careful preparation, all the nuances of technology, advice professional installers
Laminate - a very beautiful finishing material, which is able to make your interior is very inviting and cozy. You can use it in the apartment and a private home. In this case, such a lining is mounted on any base, most importantly, his carefully prepared. Some features of laying laminate has on wood floor.
Features wooden base
Laminate flooring - this unpretentious material, so preparing for the installation will take place quickly. Naturally, the base has to be clean and dry. Furthermore, the blister layer must be stable.
Substrate coatings under the laminate will not be able to remove all the problems of the base.
Wood floor has some special features:
- Over time, its stability deteriorates. In this case, the laminate tile will move that will damage the fixings.
- During the operation of the base may lose its mechanical properties.
This suggests that the laminate wood floor must be laid only after careful preparation.
How to inspect the surface of the floor?
Putting the material is possible only after a thorough diagnostic rough base. It must be done correctly. Diagnosis involves checking not only the outer surface of the floor, but also its internal framework.
Disassemble the wooden base is necessary only in the event that it is impossible to eliminate the fault.
Visual inspection of the boards will help you to detect irregularities and minor injuries. Tapping you can determine if cracked or rotten elements. The extent to which even a base, checked the building level.
Laminate wood flooring should be installed if:
- The floor surface is flat, without any knots or projections. When this drop along its height should be no more than 2 mm 2 m.
- No squeaks.
- The base has a sufficient margin of safety.
- While walking the board does not bend.
- On the cover does not damage is found, for example, a crack, a large gap between the boards, rotten elements.
How to prepare the base properly?
Before you lay laminate flooring, it is necessary to eliminate all shortcomings, which has an old floor:
- If you find rotten elements, then it all depends on the degree of damage. To eliminate small defect only need to clean the board, flip it and put the wrong side up. Otherwise, you need the item will be replaced.
- Scrape or sagging can be eliminated by tightly securing the board with screws. Note that the cap fasteners will need to drown in. Otherwise there can be problems with the Scratching and grinding.
- If there is a lag defect, for example, they stagger, then they should be properly fastened. For this purpose, the wooden elements necessary to make a small hole through, and then fix it on the coupler by means of anchors.
- Big difference only global dismantling of the frame can be eliminated in altitude.
- If you notice between the floorboards large enough gap, so they just rassohlis. You can resolve this problem with foam.
Putting laminate wood floor only after preparing the substrate - it is flat, has no cracks and crevices, no squeak. Boards and joists should not be rotten, the floor surface is sanded.
Features of the base alignment
Before you lay laminate flooring, you need to check the level of the floorboards. A small difference in height can be removed in two ways:
- Scratching. After this procedure, be sure to check the level with the help of special tools.
- Laying plywood. This alignment method is the easiest, but then all you need to do the right thing. First you need to align the draft floor. To this end, under the joists should be placed wooden wedges. plastic elements can be used in some cases. Put plywood must be continuously reviewing its horizontality. If necessary, under the material can be put under the rack.
sheets of plywood fastened to the base so that the seams are converged in different places.
To fix this stuff you need with screws every 15 centimeters. This is necessary to ensure that the veneers tightly against the base.
In the photo editing process of plywood on a wooden base. Note the location of the seams between the sheets.
To lay the material should be, given the technological gap between them and the walls. The fact that the wood elements can expand and contract due to temperature and moisture. Try to keep the seams were as little as possible along the boards. To plywood sheets are not subjected to fungal entities, they must be well handled antiseptic or linseed oil.
After completing the necessary good vacuum the floor. Otherwise, the remaining dust may cause squeaking after laying the laminate.
After all the preparatory work can be put laminate wood floor. This process can not be called very fast. It provides for the implementation of such actions:
- Mounting substrate. Before that, on the basis of plywood fit waterproofing plastic film. It can be laid special substrate under a laminate. It not only compensates for any irregularities, but also provide good sound and heat insulation. This is especially important if a rough layer is already old.
- Laying the first row. Now you can put the strap on the old plank floor. Properly to begin work on the angle. Panels should join the ends at the same time try all the time to monitor the alignment of the elements with respect to the walls. During operation, do not forget about the technological gap between the wall and the slats. In order to be the same, you can use special wooden stops. Once you have managed to lay the laminate to the opposite wall, you need to measure out the required length of the final panel and cutting off any excess. For this purpose the jigsaw.
Stel laminate wood floor boards must be transversely.
The technology of stacking the first and second rows.
- The following series to be installed with an offset. That is, the end joints between elements of both series should not overlap. To do this, first of all it is necessary to lay the strip that remains after cutting the material in the first row. But note that this fragment should not be shorter than 20 cm.
- If necessary, for joining the two rows, you can use the bar and mallet.
- Continue to cover the collection is necessary, constantly monitoring the installation.
- Before you begin to lay the last row of panels, they can be a little trim along. Naturally, this should be done very carefully, although the cut is hidden under the baseboard.
As you can see, laying laminate on a wooden floor with their hands is fast enough. But this is possible only if the installation of the technology. If you are not confident in their abilities, it is better to consult specialists.
Thanks for the info. For many years engaged in laying the laminate, and the biggest problem when laying laminate on a wooden floor - a drop, the level of irregularities. I'm at at the floor subsidence, do this: make out 2-3 floorboards, and align them under this section, placed under the floor joists - wedges. More, if you have decayed logs or are in very bad condition, we have to be disassembled and disposed of in the trash - the only way. You can of course leave the board, but the frame (logs) me completely!
In order to identify defects before the laminate flooring wood flooring should be examined carefully. Require repair boards in the case of:
Old wooden floors to better understand the support bars. It is possible that over the years of operation, they were overgrown with mold and mildew. In this case, the damaged joists replaced by new ones, and all of the remaining treated twice with an antiseptic.
Rotten joists must be replaced
Planing painted floors
Elimination of height differences
As a rule, when laying laminate flooring is uneven are the main problem. Perhaps there is not the apartment in which the boards are stacked perfectly.
Unevenly laid laminate
Permissible differences in height
Calculate the floor area and determine how many square meters is needed for laying a snap. The only thing to consider - waste pruning:
Another important requirement when laying of the flooring substrate is mandatory presence. It performs the following functions:
The substrate for laminate polystyrene
After leveling the floor and clean it of debris to absorb sound is laid along the walls of the damper spring in the tape. To support joints are not accounted for joints of boards, sheets or rolls are rolled on the substrate across the direction of the floor slat laminate.
1. To prevent the laminate from swelling during the temperature differences between the lamellae and the wall are arranged small spacer plywood or small bars 0.5-1 cm thick.
Due Date is not recommended to lay laminate flooring to the walls
The procedure for laying laminate
Installation of laminate panels have
Cant sawed down so that entered lamella