- 1 Which lamp used to grow plants at home?
- 2 LED bulbs for plants
- 3 What lamps are better suited for growing plants?
Which lamp used to grow plants at home?
There are many different opinions circulating around the topic of choosing the right type of lamps for growing plants. This is partly due to the recent arrival of a new type of light source is the industry - LED or light-emitting diodes (LED). Now, with their occurrence, a half-dozen different lighting technologies crazhayutsya desperate for our attention, approval, and of course, budget.
The best light for plants - solar. Suddenly, right? But they do not just come all this long way of evolution.
When choosing lighting for the plants, we must remember that they need all the energy of sunlight, and not only the visible spectrum of light contact.
In particular, this means that the plants are very fond of ultraviolet, unlike normal people, trying to avoid it - UV radiation is not very good for the skin and eyes. Lamp manufacturers is, of course, take into account and try to make their products as safe for home use. As a result, in the artificial light of the lamps that you buy for a loved one, it is practically absent the very very useful plants of the radiation.
Plants should also receive more light at the other end of the visible spectrum, and even a little beyond. The fact that they use the spectrum for different purposes.
Blue light and ultraviolet light (cold light) needed for plant growth - a compact and dense. Sprouts lacking this part of the spectrum of the radiation, the high and thin. They seem to be trying to escape from the shadows of the forest canopy, to get a little bit of good old ultraviolet light.
Orange, red, and infrared - that is, warm light - is necessary for flowering. If your indoor plants bloom is not as good as you'd like, try to give them more light in that range.
Why is this happening? Remember, what kind of light from the sun is in spring, when the first shoots of their way, and in the height of summer, when the plants bloom and produce seeds.
The plants do not need too much heat. You certainly have repeatedly fired on had not yet had time to cool down the bulb. Light sources can be very hot, and it could harm the plant. Of course, it will get more energy, being closer to the lamp, but rather burn than to grow into something useful. Therefore, using light sources that produce a lot of heat, do not forget about cooling. Sometimes a simple fan, chase air between the plant and the lamp.
Room lighting is also no need to plants - the majority of them will thank you at least six to eight hours in total darkness each day. If you do not want to be their nanny - buy a timer.
Where the timer ?! Tell me where it is? You would not give it to the man from the crowd!
So, what lamps are suitable for lighting plants?
incandescent lamp. Strictly no. Too much heat, little light and completely no ultraviolet radiation. In addition, poor light output and short life would adversely affect the condition of your purse. Forget incandescent forever.
Incandescent lamps, full spectrum. Yes, these also occur. Their light is no longer to their liking plants, but the rest of the drawbacks of conventional incandescent lamps, have not gone away. Yes, and they are significantly more expensive. In general, it is also very bad investment.
Compact fluorescent lamps. That is the usual so-called energy-saving? No, their spectrum for humans is not very natural, and to plants and even more so. In addition, the value of the luminous flux is poor.
Compact fluorescent lamps are a full range of better suited for cultivation. But, first, you'll need at least two kinds of them: cold temperature glow on the period of growth of your plants, and warm - for their flowering. Secondly, the lamp must be sufficiently thick (50 - 100 watt fair), and therefore - not so compact and energy efficient, less durable and rather expensive.
Standard fluorescent lamps (CFLs) may well appeal to the plants due to the appreciable fraction of the emitted ultraviolet radiation, but the displacement of light in the blue region is likely to adversely skazazhetsya to bloom.
Fluorescent full spectrum lamp It is much better suited for the plants, but it is recommendable to always check how much light they produce in the red and infrared ranges.
For these lamps, there are special lamps with a reflector, which can be hung above the plants forming long continuous line of illumination over the beds. But this option is suitable for most of those who is adjusted market or have a bunch of friends, and that day can not live without dill or parsley.
LEDs. Ordinary fly - too little light on the edges of the spectrum.
Special LED lamp for illumination of plants - advanced technology is not well studied. But it looks very tempting. For two reasons. First, scientists continue to work on improving the spectrum emitted by LEDs and declare the possible applicability of the LEDs to perform any task by using the right supplements to the phosphor. Second, LEDs are compact, and therefore - convenient when mounting or changing the illumination configuration. On the other hand, such decisions are not cheap. Create an array of LEDs to illuminate the plants can be a great hit on your wallet.
If money is not a problem for you, the professional indoor gardening Refer a:
- Metal halide lamps (IPF), with a strong bias towards cold and ultraviolet portion of the spectrum, enabling a compact and light for a dense plant growth.
- High pressure sodium lamps (HPS, DNaZ) that produce a lot of red visible light and a small amount of light from other parts of the spectrum, to stimulate flowering plants.
The spectrum of the high pressure sodium lamp radiation (HPS)
It's worth noting that these lamps produce a lot of heat, so the use of special fixtures and devices for removal of hot air is vital to your green pets.
There are also combined or hybrid lamps, which use both types of lamps - HPS and metal halide. It is an excellent solution for those who do not like to mess with reconnection and migrate lighting at different stages of plant growth.
Here, perhaps, and all. What lights to grow plants at home will suit you? It depends on your needs, the preferred varieties of plants and budget.
Selling lamp Mars Hydro 300w. In excellent condition, it was once in use. Sale is not expensive, maybe urgently. 89151044485
LED bulbs for plants
In the winter when sunlight every day becomes smaller, plant feel it an acute shortage. Ogorodniki growers seedling cultivation sorts rare colors concerned extension of the light period for growing crops. Using a typical room lamp is not seen as a good option.
How to choose the right bulb plant
Construction LED lamp includes LED arrays. When choosing such a device you need to know that not all can be used as an additional source of light for the plants. It is necessary to pay attention to such a basic parameter - the range of the electromagnetic spectrum (wavelengths). Man perceives the individual waves as color flow together sees white light. Plant growth is better to use a diode lamp with a wavelength of about 430-455 nm (which will give a blue light). Flowering need red spectrum (660 nm).
LED fitolampy plant
LED lights for the plants used in the apartments for the decorative flowers on the premises, where the seedlings are grown in greenhouses. For the second case will need more lamps, for light must be on each row of plants. This allows natural light to replace artificial, to create comfortable conditions in a greenhouse. Even gardeners happy to use LED lamps for lighting plants in the garden that affect the active growth, flowering, fruit formation.
Such popular in the led-lamps for plants today have many advantages over gas-discharge, fluorescent, incandescent lamps. They are very beneficial to have impressive characteristics, so bring professional gardeners. The best light conditions than can create LED fitolamp hard to imagine. The main and conclusive advantage of the device (ice) include:
- Durability. fitosvetilnika service life can be up to 50 thousand. hours, which is slightly more than 11-years of work sixteen hours a day. Incandescent lamps (for comparison) can run for about one thousand. H. This proves that fitolamp plant just made for long-term operation.
- Energy efficiency and conservation. Practice shows that Energy savings as compared with gas discharge lamps reaches 80%. 480-watt system of artificial lighting efficacy is similar to the 700-watt. Brighter the discharge lamp (due to capacity), but the plants do not absorb and 70% of its emissions. The spectrum of light, which is responsible for the performance is much more important.
- Easy to use. LED lights for the plants do not require any additional equipment (reflectors, protective glasses, special ammo). They can be used to grow flowers, fruits, and vegetables. Customer reviews most positive.
- Security. LED lights are harmless to plants, caring for them people. Virtually no heat, so do not drain the young green leaves. You can set the lamp at a distance of 25-30 cm. Even such close proximity does not require constant ventilation, the temperature in the room does not affect the LEDs.
- Environmentally friendly. LED lamp for plants do not emit harmful substances, do not contain mercury. Possible to use in the home (the apartment on the balcony, etc.)
Looking at all these benefits of LED lamps, some mentally ask: what's the catch? I wish he was absent, but there is a lack. For some, it determines the choice forced to abandon the purchase. This significant drawback is the high price. Few amateur gardeners or simple admirers colors agree to pay for such a miracle from 200 to 1500 dollars. The most common LED lamps for lighting plants are beneficial in the professional field of growing flowers or vegetables.
LED supplementary lighting plants
On the process of photosynthesis significantly affects not only the spectral effects (blue or red), is also important in the light mode. It is enclosed in a regular change of the "day" and "night" for plants. With its help it is possible to adjust the phase of flowering and vegetation, simply by changing the length of stay in the light and the dark. There are types of neutral colors, for example, at the stage of development of the rose light conditions does not affect. Before you start to grow any crop, you need to find out preferences, rules of the content of your future plantings.
Seedlings are small, immature rostochku that require special care. For its cultivation is the best suited LED lights for the plants. They are able to make conditions comfortable thanks to a constant temperature, the necessary emission spectra at this stage of development. Daylight (fluorescent lamp) is not giving the same effect. Ice luminaires recommend installing directly over the seedlings, because the light output is directed straight down, not scattered. Plantations is not hurt even contact with the surface of the lamp will not cause burns in the sheet.
LED lighting greenhouses used with most every year. No other lamps can not give the same effect (you can see the performance). The strip plant has an adhesive surface, it can be attached to any setting. It is sturdy, does not contain the gas, this does not explosive. In the greenhouse it is very humid, so you should take care of the adequate protection of the tape. Otherwise it can be damaged. Experts say that modular systems are much more efficient. According to them tapes perform more decorative function.
What lamps are better suited for growing plants?
It is very important to choose the right light bulbs for indoor growing, greenhouse and aquarium plants. If you make the wrong choice, further consequences may be disappointing: the seedlings (or algae) may simply not have enough light, which may suspend their growth or a more serious problem - too much light and heat will burn the leaves, resulting in the death of the plant world. Lest there be a different kind of trouble, you must know what kind of lamp for the plants is better to choose, buy and use in the future. Next, we bring to your attention to the comparison of all the most popular types of light sources: incandescent bulbs to LEDs.
To make the information easier to read while we list all the existing types of lamps, which are best suited to lighting and plant growth, and immediately talk about how efficient use of each option.
So, to date to cover the flora in the home, you can select and use such light sources, such as:
- Incandescent lamps. The cheapest and not the recommended option for many reasons: have a short service life, poor light output (up to 17 lm / W) and a considerable amount of heat. As a result - the seedlings or potted plants in the pot will not receive the necessary amount of light as a result it will negatively affect the growth rate and, accordingly, the correct cultivation. In addition, too powerful light bulb can burn the leaves if it is placed next to the plant. Bottom line - this option in any case it is not necessary to use at home, because it is best to choose a more modern and efficient lamp types, which we will discuss below.
- Fluorescent (energy saving) lamps. This version is much better to select and use to illuminate the vegetation in the house, greenhouse and directly in the aquarium. In energy-saving light source a lot of advantages, namely: high luminous efficiency, low heat generation and efficiency, which makes them a good choice of indoor lighting and aquarium plants. In addition, there are special fluorescent fitolampy, which are only intended for the cultivation of seedlings and flowers.
- LED bulbs. LEDs are the youngest type bulbs, which in a short time managed to win the high level of interest in a variety of applications. LED bulbs better for the plant due to the fact that consume minimal power, almost no heat and, moreover, may be different spectrum of light emission that allows you to select the appropriate LED bulbs for their own species of plants in the house.
- Gas charging (sodium, mercury vapor, metal halide). In this embodiment, the lighting products you need to stay more because Not all gas charging lamps are suitable for growing plants. Mercury lamps of all the listed options are the most worst for the growth of plants in the house, greenhouse and an aquarium. This is due to the fact that XRD bulb luminous flux are nearly 2 times lower than the sodium and metal halide light sources. Moreover, the very light spectrum from mercury products are not really suitable for the development and further growth of seedlings, flowers, blooms. As for sodium lamps - HPS, they shine brightly yellow-orange, which is very much corresponds to natural sunlight. Review experts - it is better to choose and use a mercury bulb for the cultivation of flowering plants. And the last option - metal halide lamps are the most expensive, but at the same time the most suitable sources of illumination for those members of the "Green World", which is more preferable vegetative growth, not flowering.
Here we tell you which lights are suitable for illuminating and growing houseplants. Please note that for the house the best option for the price and efficiency are fluorescent lamps CFLs that have a light output of 80 to 100 lm / W. If you can squander a little more, it is better to choose LED lamp for plants that do surpass sodium bulbs previously used in greenhouses and greenhouses!
Learn more in detail about what bulbs are better suited for the cultivation of seedlings (eg, tomatoes), or color, you can video examples:
How to organize the lighting right?
In order, what are the bulbs for growing plants, you have read, and probably already know which version of the light sources to choose for their own conditions. Now you briefly tell about how best to organize the lighting, so as not to harm plant life in the house.
The first thing to take into account - the height of the lamps to the leaves. The minimum distance should be 15 cm, if the plant photophilous and 55 cm, if the shade tolerant. In addition, the light should fall on the flower pots or seedlings (or aquarium flora) is strictly a right angle. Otherwise, the plant will be attracted to the light, and will gain an ugly shape.
The second - each a particular type of flora require a certain light spectrum. Some of the flowers need the blue spectrum, some - in the red. You must first of all learn from florists or read on the Internet about what is required to grow your favorite plants, after which select suitable lamps.
Third - if you do not find, for any reasons, a light bulb with suitable characteristics and light output spectrum can arrange a combined lighting, eg fluorescent light simultaneously with fitolamp etc.
That's all that I wanted to tell you what the lamp for the plants is better to choose and use at home. Be sure to encourage you to review a similar article - how to make LED lighting in an aquarium!