- 1 Warming houses outside. Materials for thermal insulation of the house from the outside
- 2 How to insulate the outside walls - the principle of the device and the choice of insulation material
- 2.1 Advantages of thermal insulation technology from the outside:
- 2.2 Materials for thermal insulation of the walls from the outside
- 2.3 Technology insulation of walls outside
- 3 Materials for thermal insulation (thermal insulation) walls outside
- 3.1 Advantages of the outer insulation of the building
- 3.2 Types of thermal insulation for the outer protection
- 3.3 Insulation of walls with sheet foam
- 3.4 Mineral wool to the exterior surfaces
- 3.5 Processing walls polyurethane solution
- 3.6 Surface treatment using polystyrene
- 3.7 Application of liquid insulation
- 3.8 In conclusion - a few conclusions
Warming houses outside. Materials for thermal insulation of the house from the outside
Western influences have brought ordinary Soviet people not only beautiful and affordable ways to finish the house, but also other advanced technologies. For example, warming of houses outside. With this, you can significantly save on heating homes and get rid of annoying mold on the walls and damp in the house. Basic requirements for insulation: availability, efficiency and ease of installation. In addition, the materials should be light so as not to load the foundation of the house much. Unfortunately, not all of the materials for insulating homes can combine these qualities, so the market can meet a variety of insulating materials. On them, we'll talk later.
There are various materials which have high thermal insulating properties. But all of them are mounted on the walls on a similar principle.
Warming houses outside can occur in three ways:
- The insulation material is attached via the adhesive solution and is held at the end of the plaster finish.
- Creating a three-layer non-ventilated wall. Insulation is secured with a special solution. After that the outer wall is constructed in one brick thick. Between the insulation and the new wall should be an air gap.
- Ventilated facade - another version of how to do home insulation outside. Waterproofing material coated wall, and the top heater is fixed. Once installed windscreen, and frame sheathe the outside lining. According to this principle is carried out insulation of home siding outside.
Each of these methods has its advantages and disadvantages. In addition, producers fill the market combined with insulating materials which require special installation technology.
How to choose the material for insulation?
All insulation materials differ in their properties, method of installation, price and durability. They are united only by a common purpose: they all need to insulate homes. Most often used for insulation: mineral wool, polystyrene, extruded polystyrene, polyurethane, cellulosic materials, basalt slabs and so on. Their main difference - water resistance, vapor permeability and thermal conductivity. The first two parameters play a role, depending on climatic conditions, and the thermal conductivity is important when calculating the thickness of the insulating material. So, instead of foam stacked in multiple layers, it is better use the foam, which is many times thinner, but has the same thermal conductivity performance.
After the material selected, you can safely proceed to the next step. Wall insulation outside the house can not take place without their prior training. Old plaster layer or insulating material peeled off to the base. At the finish you get naked in front of a brick, concrete or wooden wall.
Clear the surface from dust and dirt and conduct a thorough primer. It is best to use solutions with deep penetration. If there are protrusions or recesses are larger than two centimeters, or they must be sanded to cover up to a level with the wall.
After the walls dry out from the primer, assemble pitches and beacons, which will be laid insulation material. For ease of installation are installed along the edges of the screws and anchor between them and plumb tightly stretched string or fishing line. Thus, the wall must be formed a strong grid, which will guide the work.
For its insulation is recommended to use the technology of ventilated facade. Since the walls are breathing, and the house will not start mold. Thermal insulation of buildings requires treatment outside walls refractory substances and preservatives. The slots between the logs embedded Jute fiber tow or tape. Fit and foam.
Using vertical bars on the front of the house is mounted crate. Then, a vapor barrier is laid layers and insulation. Better use of mineral wool or fiberglass. Heat insulator start to stack from the bottom up, and after - to secure the anchors. On top of the insulation fastened waterproofing membrane, for this you can use a stapler.
At the last stage is set facing material. In the role of which can be used wall paneling, siding, facade panels, and so on.
Stages of the home insulation is almost no different from wood. However, one difference is still there. The walls of the timber have smooth surface, therefore the outside insulation of buildings can be carried out using not only roll insulators, but also tile materials such as mineral wool and glass wool. mount technology and all the steps are identical to the above.
Thermal insulation of a brick house outside can be carried out in several ways:
- Ventilated facade. Thermal insulation of the premises carried out using slabs of mineral wool or foam. Material attached to the walls by means of dowels or adhesive mortars. Then, the lathing of the bars or metallic profiles. And then we rely on the scheme of the wooden house insulation.
- Easy wet method. This technology is a multi-layer facade insulation. In the course are rigid foam or mineral wool. Material attached to the wall using adhesive mortar or dowels. Crate is not needed. On the insulation is secured grid, and the top cause two types of plaster.
- The well masonry. This method is used not only for brick, but also for the block houses. At the time of construction of the house thermal insulation material is attached between the walls and an additional vapor barrier and keeps hydroprotective material. For thermal insulation of the finished building is better to use water-resistant materials. These include foam, polyurethane foam and others. If you want to warm the structure with an air gap between the walls, you can apply a liquid insulator, which has hardened over time. In addition, the air gap can be filled with polystyrene foam. It, unlike mineral wool, it is easy to place in the inter-wall space.
If the insulation of a brick house from the outside did not bring the desired results, you should think about the floor insulation, roof and windows. It is the poor condition of these sources contributes to significant heat loss.
One of the most cost-effective ways to keep heat in the house - home insulation foam on the outside. To start at the bottom of the wall is installed so-called shelf, it is necessary to align the first row of the foam.
Material attached using dowels and adhesive. In order to work was smooth, use a sheer mesh, which was mentioned above, and the level. For construction density and foam stability following series stacked with a shift of half a sheet (as when laying bricks). At the corners and around the windows of the material is attached with metal corners. After all the walls are covered with foam sheets attached on top of plastic mesh and applied plaster: starting, finishing and decorative.
Thermal insulation with mineral wool insulation is very similar to cellulose materials and basalt slabs. To consolidate the mineral wool used carcass structure and lathing. It should fit snugly into the formed cells, leaving no gaps. Then, before the lining is attached a reinforcing net and plastering is carried out. Decorating the walls can be different types of siding, paneling, brick wall, etc...
Warming houses mineral wool on the outside - a great way to insulate your home and save on heating.
How to insulate the outside walls - the principle of the device and the choice of insulation material
Approach of winter - a good occasion to reflect on warming homes to those who have not yet done. Indeed, in the warmer months, we will not feel the heat loss in the cold.
On the right and effective energy conservation is better to think at the design stage. But what about those who have a house or a house has already been built or residents of apartment buildings. Of course, in addition to insulate the walls from the outside and the inside.
Work on warming the walls can be divided into three types:
Each type has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Within this article we will look at how to insulate the outside walls and will review materials for thermal insulation with photos, graphs and diagrams.
Exterior insulation as a consequence of the definition - this insulation of the outer wall.
Advantages of thermal insulation technology from the outside:
- freedom of access. Agree, it is much easier to perform work outside the building than inside;
- the ability to perform work in a residential home. Wall insulation outside the house does not violate the order of life (no need to move furniture, clearing the wall, and then to produce interior trim almost all rooms);
- preserving useful area of the interior of an apartment building. The thicker the insulation, the more heat will remain in the house. But by the same amount to decrease the size of the room. Especially anxious to include the area of the apartment residents of high-rise buildings;
- wall protection from temperature extremes. The wall surface being in the external environment are periodically heated and freezes. A few tens of cycles, with the material from which the wall is built, changes begin to occur.
Schedule the degree of freezing Brick wall breaks, cracks and tree cracks in concrete slabs. This leads to a deterioration in strength of the structure and the additional heat losses.
Mounting the heater outside of the house to avoid the above consequences. The external insulation for walls, you can offset the dew point in the insulation.
According snip 23-02-2003 "Thermal Protection of Buildings" temperature difference between the interior space and the environment should not exceed the values specified in the table.
But all these advantages can be achieved only if the correct choice of insulation material, quality of its installation and correct calculation.
When calculating the insulation must be considered:
- type of insulation. Each material has its own characteristics;
- the state of the walls to be warming. The material from which it is made have a significant impact. Building structure, cracks, protrusions, metallic elements also significantly reduces the ability of the wall to accumulate heat;
- appointment to warm the room. After all, the requirements for insulation, for example, different baths and garage. Even warm the house, you need to understand that you need to warm the bedroom more than a corridor.
- location of the house. Here the role played by the wind, and the amount of rainfall, the minimum temperature.
External wall insulation to make their own hands, or trust the professionals?
From the true account of the above components will depend on the quality of insulation. Conversely, if something is considered wrong, or perhaps the lack of insulation of the house, or the high cost of its excessive warming.
Therefore, performing the calculations necessary to turn to professionals. When choosing a construction company, pay attention to the period of their work made objects, licenses and necessary responses that best testify to the quality of work. However, there are types of work in which no professional simply can not do. For example, the wall insulation outside the apartment alone is almost impossible to perform. Without the help we can not do (need to take into account the complexity and danger of work at height and rope skills is not at all).
Insulate the exterior walls of low-rise and private homes are quite capable on their own. As a reliable guide, when working with their hands will SNIP 23-02-2003 "Thermal protection of buildings". The document establishes the requirements for the protection of buildings.
Materials for thermal insulation of the walls from the outside
The main indicators of insulation are:
- thermal conductivity - the ability to transfer heat insulation. The lower the score, the more heat will be saved in the warmed room.
- refractoriness - the ability of insulation to resist fire. The higher the score, the more secure will be the thermal insulation of buildings.
- absorbability - the ability of insulation to absorb and store moisture. The lower the value of this index, the better. The reason is simple, the molecules in a moist environment are closer to each other than the gas (the air layer in the wool). Pressed molecules conduct heat better. The ideal insulation material should have a zero water absorption. Since the presence of moisture in it reduces heat insulating properties and eventually destroys the material. It is proved that the moisture increase of 1% of insulation would reduce its insulating properties by 25%. In addition, the building insulated in such a heater is exposed to the fungus, which has a negative impact on the atmosphere in the house.
- breathability - the ability to provide heat insulation air movement between the inner space and the environment;
- Chemical and biological stability - the ability of insulation to resist the action of chemicals and living organisms, respectively.
Comparative characteristics of thermal insulation materials from the standpoint of density and minimum permissible layer are shown in Table.
Comparative characteristics of thermal insulation materials with thermal conductivity of the position of fire resistance and hygroscopicity.
Testing of fire resistance index of the most common materials: foam, expanded polystyrene and stone wool, is shown in video
An ideal insulation material should possess such parameters.
Of course, in practice, to achieve such performance is impossible. Therefore, most materials are combined with each other or with other materials. A thermal insulation system resulting laminate has a form similar cake. Such a scheme allows leveling virtues disadvantages of some other material. Device 'sloonoy9raquo; the system requires the master of knowledge and experience.
The following table illustrates how the insulation thickness should be, to perform external wall insulation and to ensure uniform wall insulation.
Compare Table insulation wall (thickness-CAP)
In this technology stacking each of the different submissions.
As already mentioned, the wall insulation panel houses the outside is different from the insulation of facades of private homes increased work complexity and less choice of materials. Since in this case it can be used only rigid insulation. On the one hand, their price is much lower than everyone else, on the other - the cost of work is much higher.
When designing the insulation must be considered and the material of the wall. Sometimes the wall material imposes significant limitations.
Thus, for example, insulation of outside walls of timber is made only with natural hemp type materials, felted jute or moss. Their use allows to preserve the natural beauty of natural wood and reduce the heat loss through the cracks.
But, insulation brick walls on the outside, you can make almost any material. It does not impose significant restrictions on the choice of material for insulating silicate walls outside.
Technology insulation of walls outside
Today the market offers a variety of materials for thermal insulation of the walls from the outside. Their wide range allows you to choose the one that is suitable for your particular room. Depending on the type of instruction to be used varies according to the arrangement. However, to understand is a short main approaches to the insulation outside the house a variety of materials.
Outside wall insulation foam
Outside wall insulation foam
The foam is the most popular material for thermal insulation, both private and high-rise buildings. Due to the low thermal conductivity, low weight, availability and low cost, is widely accepted among users. Process foam insulating walls outside relatively simple.
- Frameless installation foam It involves the use of an adhesive for attaching the sheet to the surface. Sheets carefully joined together. However, the joints formed thermal bridges. To avoid this, it is better to stack the sheets in two layers. Perehlestyvayas each other, they will be better save heat. Sheet plastic dowel is fixed and closes the polymeric mesh. Such a method is used in case the plaster will be applied over the foam.
- Foam mounting frame method - requires mandatory installation of the frame. It should be noted that this method is rarely used and often in the case, if you plan to finish building exterior siding, or lumber (lining).
For more information about foam insulation Watch the video
Outside wall insulation polystyrene and Penoplex performed on a similar principle. Since penoplex, it is the trade name of extruded polystyrene foam.
Outside wall insulation with mineral wool
Outside wall insulation with mineral wool
Mineral wool (mats) are suitable for thermal insulation of the walls on the outside of a private house. Using mineral wool (other than material with an increased density) requires mandatory frame mounting. In addition, mineral wool, due to the porous structure absorbs moisture. Therefore wool installation scheme involves the use of protective films. Plus, mineral wool is well suited for the installation of ventilated facades.
Video instruction for mineral wool insulation walls
Outside wall insulation with polyurethane foam
Wall insulation outside polyurethane foam (PUF)
Spray polyurethane foam (PUF or simply "porolon9raquo) - a novelty in the field of thermal insulation. This inflatable material (from the group of gas-filled plastics) quickly finds his followers due to the high speed of operation, excellent quality of insulation.
Even the high cost and the inability to perform the work with their hands are not a barrier to the growth of the popularity of this heater.
What are the benefits of polyurethane insulation of walls? Home - simplifies operation is applied to any base and possesses high insulating properties. Using this material does not need to prepare a drawing, inspect the wall for defects. Various design features walls - protruding parts, pipes, and now are not a hindrance. After material is simply sprayed (inflated) to the wall. The process is well illustrated in video
Outside wall insulation plaster
Outside wall insulation plaster
The technology of thermal insulation of walls of plaster - a very conventional concept. In fact, the so-called "mokryy9raquo; insulation method involves the use of a heater as the primary insulation layer and as a finishing plaster. Ie, to achieve the effect, it is necessary to perform the outside wall insulation plaster.
Wall insulation outside siding
Wall insulation outside siding
Technology insulation siding, along with the use of the wet method, also does not apply to self-warming. Vinyl siding, and especially metal siding, can not be attributed to the insulation materials. They are also used only as a cladding (finishing) material for finishing. Wall insulation outside under siding can be accomplished using foam or mineral wool. The materials are placed in the frame, which is the installation of a mandatory step when attaching siding.
External wall insulation will allow you to save from 10 to 25% of the heat. But the wall - is not the only source of heat. To house warming be effective you need to take care of the insulation not only walls, but also to the basement, roof, attic (attic), the windows and doors.
Information project of building a house with his own hands. Full or partial copying of materials is only possible in agreement with the administrator
Materials for thermal insulation (thermal insulation) walls outside
Thermal insulation of external walls - the most common method is a reliable insulation of old houses and buildings made of modern technology. Wide range of products allows you to make the right choice for the individual buildings and multi-family concrete house. The main thing when choosing, know the negative and positive properties of the material for the outer insulating walls.
Keep warm can be inside and outside the home, so before work is necessary to understand the answer to the question - why the outer insulation of the most common way.
Advantages of the outer insulation of the building
The advantages of this method applies heat savings 5 main advantages:
- When installing the wall panels are guaranteed protection from sudden temperature changes in different seasons. Therefore, the circuit will protect the inhabitants from large frost, but also protects from heat in summer. If quality work prevented the formation of bridges cold and heat loss.
- Such a device does not affect the internal dimensions of the building and its useful general area.
- A heater mounted outside, protects the interior from the formation of mold and dampness.
- Performance of works does not require large expenditures of time and money. But using insulation materials, building has sufficient security level in comparison with a facing additional rows of building brick or foam.
- Improves the appearance of the wall, it increases the level of sound insulation.
All the advantages similar for each material, but some of them require a thicker layer or monetary costs for the purchase and installation of thermal insulation layers.
Types of thermal insulation for the outer protection
In modern conditions, industry develops and produces new substances that are used to perform the thermal protection of the building or apartment. Each production will require the use of different tools and methods of applying a protective coating to the walls.
They have their advantages and disadvantages, the degree of cold hardiness and resistance to moisture, all these qualities, the most common materials for the protection of walls are:
- foam plate;
- mineral wool;
- Wall insulation treatment liquid.
These are the basic cover the outer surfaces of the building, for the correct choice, it is better to know their pros and cons in detail.
Insulation of walls with sheet foam
This is one of the most common methods, in terms of price and quality. To install the protective layer does not require special skills to cope with the work of a novice. The calculation of the amount of material depends on the total area of the wall. Necessarily thus determined with the required density and thickness of the foam sheet. From these values depends on the optimal level of protection.
For installation uses a special cement-glue mixture, for mounting reliability is possible to use specific dowel. This is a very inexpensive and simple way. A very well in conditions with low temperatures.
Mineral wool to the exterior surfaces
The walls are insulated on the outside of houses with the help of the web material. When a low price has insulating properties good performance. Industry produces several types of insulation:
- glass wool;
- slag wool, made of waste hearth furnaces;
- stone rocks are the basis for the release of basalt wool.
It is the most inexpensive material for thermal insulation of external walls. To make the best chemical and performance properties, cookers are treated with special materials. A resin impregnation is used to impart water repellency material.
Processing walls polyurethane solution
By this method, on the surface of external walls of the protective layer of sputtered material. For the solution by the mixing equipment and poliozitsiona polyol. Simultaneously, the foaming agent takes place using carbon dioxide. The finished mixture is supplied to the gun mounting.
Means supplied under pressure, sprayed, smooth layer deposited on the wall. It does not require the use of adhesive means, after applying a layer of polyurethane foam require the installation of fiberglass mesh for strength and over it occurs finishing surfacing materials. To achieve the magnitude relation and a layer of thermal insulation properties better option is to use the outside insulation with a density of 30 kg / m3.
Surface treatment using polystyrene
One of the leaders in the market of insulation of walls outside the house. Inexpensive, easy to process and install, with excellent thermal insulation characteristics of polystyrene allows you to install it on most housing projects. Available 2 types:
- Extrusive. A substance with more dense and strong structure. Obtained by bursting of highly viscous materials through the melt. In this manner, the plate formed of insulation extrusion type.
- Bespressovannogo. Marking PSB-S is polystyrene bespresovanny self-extinguishing. The distinguishing feature of this material is its granular structure. Size the granules vary from 5 mm. to 15 mm. A two-digit number following labeling mean density of the material. It produced using the method of sintering when exposed to high temperature.
Plates are available with special groove-crests and samples. At - 250, 50 mm thick plate provides excellent heat conduction rate of the main wall building materials.
Application of liquid insulation
These modern materials, are the most advanced insulation outside the building. Used for application on metal components and as a heat insulation of buildings from the foam block. When using the outside of the house, this ceramic Interconnects substance resembles the applied acrylic paint.
But the emptiness contained in the material, play the role of insulation. This ensures an adequate level of thermal insulation on the outside of the building. Level of the thermal conductivity of liquid sealants almost corresponds to the zero vacuum heat transfer. The method is very simple, does not require the involvement of specialists. Is applied to all surfaces of the walls of any building materials. To do this, you must paint the walls outside the building manual or hydraulic Paint tools, filling all voids and uneven surfaces.
After 6 hours the surface dries completely. This forms a solid coating that is resistant to mechanical damage, insulation layer. low thermal conductivity level allows to apply a thin layer of material, reducing heat loss through the walls. At very high and low temperatures have better means capable of operating at a temperature of - 600, and 2600. In this case not only protects the wall from the solar radiation, but also metal parts.
Another advantage of using a liquid insulation wall outside the building is a low moisture absorption rate of not more than 4 per cent of its weight substance layer. This method of protection would be better in terms of waterproofing and wall surfaces and the formation of condensation on them sagging.
This type of insulation will prevent the room from the formation of mold and fungi, as well as to protect the inner rooms from freezing at very strong frosts and from the heat of summer when high temperatures.
In conclusion - a few conclusions
Each of the materials used as the insulation of exterior walls must fulfill its primary purpose. First of all - to warm the private house or an apartment in an apartment building. And then to isolate the room from moisture, drafts, but the main thing to keep heat in the house.
What insulation is better or worse depends on the individual capabilities of owners premises and conditions of its use. One of the main advantages of all of them - it is a simple application at low cost materials. Only for the polyurethane foam insulation requires the use of special tools. In all other cases, works are carried out with the minimum reserve instrument.
Once a week we send a digest of the most popular articles.
Copying of materials is possible without preliminary negotiation in the case of a direct hyperlink to our website.