- 1 Automation for underfloor heating: floor heating control system devices
- 2 Weather-floor heating controller
- 3 The choice of automation systems for underfloor heating control
Automation for underfloor heating: floor heating control system devices
Consider the diagrams as connected Automatic for underfloor heating and how devices can be controlled automatically.
Immediately clarify: Principles on the Use of automatic devices are the same for both radiator heating and for hot water underfloor heating (as well as for heating the warm walls and baseboard heating - if you are looking for something about them).
What floor heating device can be controlled automatically?
Automation for underfloor can control the following devices: a circulating pump, actuators, thermostatic heads and thermostatic valves, a gas burner.
This is the simplest form of control: Depending on the temperature of the coolant pump is switched on / off.
To implement this method does not need a lot of knowledge or special skills. and "Automatic for underfloor heating" It is used here not so hot: only room thermostat and nothing else.
Control the circulation pump in the diagram is as follows:
As you can see, there is a thermostat installed in any room, at the given temperature the thermostat is triggered on and off, or turns on the pump.
So you can easily do automatic control of floor temperature:
Here thermostat monitors the sensor readings, mounted in the floor between (and not on a tube!) Pipes. Sensor thermostat gives a command that processes the received signal and turns on / off the circulation pump.
Disadvantage: if one common pump for the whole house, then this method is not always suitable, because the pump is switched off by the thermostat installed in one some room and turned off the pump when heating ceases to be all over the house. This method is suitable if there are two pumps, for example, on different floors, and it is necessary to control heating on one floor, without touching the latter.
Suppose, before the collector has a mixing unit with three-way valve:
This valve is screwed thermal head, which is connected to the sensor. The sensor is mounted on the pipe, the temperature in which we want to control (it is possible directly to the feed or reverse collector). Asking And we needed the temperature on the thermal head. Now, the signal from the sensor thermal head will close or open the three-way valve, thereby regulating the coolant temperature to, again, the desired parameter.
servo control with floor sensor
The collector is installed on each servo circuit, and depending on the sex of the sensor or the thermostat is adjusted by the heat supply by separate circuits:
This is a good way to set the temperature individually for each room.
Management of the three-way mixing valve
It has been said above that the three-way valve is part of the mixing unit. The following diagram one (valve) on the return pipe:
In the three-way valve in this circuit is mounted actuator which controls and sensor and thermostat.
Weather-temperature control in the room
This automatic control of the heating system according to the outside air temperature.
There are installed the controller, which is laid a definite program:
Depending on the temperature outside the controller maintains the desired mode of operation of the heating system, controlling all of the same devices, which were discussed above. This control method is achieved a substantial gas savings: 20 ... 30 per cent.
In fact, in a private home is not necessarily some fancy Automatic for underfloor heating. If you make only automatic circulation pump, then it will be very good.
Weather-floor heating controller
Hydraulic Heated floor [in case water is used as coolant - Radiant Floor] It is special, usually additional heating system which is becoming more common in private homes and cottages due to high level of thermal comfort which is achievable and opens fully only when the automatic regulation - Weather-controller (hereinafter thermostat, a temperature controller or device) for controlling the mixing unit and a circulation pump . Scheme floor heating with a mixing unit modulating automatic presented below [see. Drawing].
Drawing. Scheme water floor heating systems with weather-controlled mixing unit.
The above circuit comprises underfloor:
- weather-controller to control the automatic mixing unit;
- digital temperature sensor (Pbc) for measuring the air temperature outside, placed on the north side of the house, Pbc connected electrically with temperature control;
- a mixing assembly comprising a mixing valve (tap) with servo [e.g. MUT V70F, ESBE ARA600 etc.], connected electrically with weather temperature controller SEC-03;
- Pbc coolant that is located in a sealed stainless liner installed in the outlet tee mixing valve (crane), with Pbc electrically connected to the controller;
- circulator with low power consumption and high efficiency, is also electrically connected to the device;
- Radiant Floor, hydraulically bonding conductor on one side to a circulating pump and, on the other hand - a mixing unit and the return line for discharging coolant;
- room thermostat [optional] (Placed in a room with floor), a connected electrically to the modulating temperature controller.
In the scheme of underfloor heating system is used domestic simple and reliable weather-compensated controller SEC-03 [cm. Photo], which provides automatic control of the mixing unit and the circulation pump in dependence on the temperature changes in the outside; also, a special version of the device with an additional temperature sensor inside.
A photo. Appearance Weather-floor heating controller.
Due to the balance between price and features, as well as the fact that it is fully Russian product, provides a competitive an advantage over similar foreign Weather-compensated control - all this together allows the user to install a warm floor pogodozavivimym control without significant monetary and time costs.
The principle of operation of floor heating with weather control
Circuit underfloor heating system starts from a branch pipe and a tap exiting heat accumulator (gidrostrelki, collector, boiler, etc.); It includes a single heating mixing assembly comprising the mixing Faucet [mixing valve] with an electromechanical actuator for actuating the valve, a circulating pump, floor heating pipes [placed, for example, in concrete screed room or under boards or laminate floor] and closed at the bottom heat accumulator, gidrostelki, reservoir or boiler. Modulating regulation equipment comprises a digital-TEC controller 03 which controls a mixer valve actuator specially laid down the program depending on the coolant temperature [supplied to the hydraulic warm floor space] and changes in outdoor temperature. Weather-controller maintains the desired floor heating flow temperature by a given user modulating regulation curve automatically controlling the mixing faucet and the circulation pump. In the case of a room thermostat with a normally open or normally closed group of contacts (optional) is housed in a room of the building with the warm floors, the device considers all three parameters in a complex and seeks to maintain the air temperature inside the room at a predetermined level by the user, in particular by cutting off the circulation pump when the air temperature inside the room to a predetermined threshold set by a room thermostat. Through automation modulating regulation ensures a high level of comfort in the room [where installed Heated floor] and also reducing the cost of management and maintenance of such a heating system.
© Shepelev VA Shepelev AV | Information on this website is protected by the Civil Code of the Russian Federation, as well as other international laws.
The information published on this website does not constitute a public offer.
The choice of automation systems for underfloor heating control
When installing the room heating underfloor question arises how to perform management of water and electric underfloor heating, a thermostat is better to buy.
On sale there are mechanical and automatic climate adjustment in the room.
Consider the advantages and disadvantages of different types of thermostats, which is the controller for underfloor heating, space heating circuit control system.
Comparison of automation and mechanics
warm floor is controlled by thermostats, which are produced in the form of working based on mechanics and automation devices, consider their comparative description in the table:
Mechanical systems are provided with thermostats
In the mechanical device for each supply pipe heating system mounted thermostats loop, through which manually increases or decreases the volume of the hot water supply.
Electronic temperature sensors regulate the supply of hot water by installing on each loop system "small motor (servo)", which pumps the water supply to the loop. On the servo instructs thermostat which measures the temperature indication in the room, mounted in the same room where the heating loop.
Depending on the temperature indicators thermostat instructs the actuator to increase or decrease the flow rate of hot water.
The most demanded automatic water pipeline control system for the floor, they are able to maintain the desired temperature level in economy mode can be switched on for a certain time before the arrival of the hosts with a job, an automatic control of the power of even age people and children.
Automatic thermostat is able to perform many functions in the regulation of space heating intensity with the help of water the floor:
- It specifies the temperature of hot water in the conduit, enables or disables the circulation pump. This type of control the water flow in the conduit for apartments or houses in which is set a few pumps. If there is one pump for the whole house, the system will enable or disable the heating system (depending on the water temperature) once in all the rooms.
- Semi-automatic thermal head is quite simple and inexpensive. It allows you to adjust the intensity of the water supply: the valve is closed or opened depending on the degree of heating.
- Control is accomplished by setting the actuator to the collector, it can simultaneously regulated supply of heat in the individual rooms.
- Modern automatic thermostat is able to save up to 1/3 or 1/7 of gas consumption of firewood for heating premises. Can control the degree of heating, depending on the weather outside. Such a controller for the floor heating has a plurality of sensors, some of which are mounted on the outside, and the rest - the room. On the basis of their testimony, and exposed setting adjusts the intensity of heating of each room individually.
heating temperature sensor may be installed inside or outside. Do not install the thermostat in the bathroom, kitchen and other rooms with high humidity. About wireless automation in regulating underfloor see in this video:
If the floor heating is used as the main system, it is better to acquire the thermostat regulating the heating level of air in the room.
If the laid floor covering which is unstable to heat, then it is better to install the floor heating sensor.
For a basic system of floor heating water is better to install a device with the ability to connect two sensors.
floor heating is controlled due to mounting of sensors regulating the intensity of the heating air in the room and able to maintain the heating temperature at a predetermined level.
The circuit of the device:
The owner sets certain parameters for the thermostat. By increasing or decreasing the temperature of a device activates or deactivates the water heating system.
The controller for the floor heating makes it possible to regulate the flow of water to several collectors. Such devices are acceptable to use in environments with high humidity levels.
The thermostat maintains a constant water temperature in the tubes
Management of water supply is regulated by the following points:
- mixing aqueous nodes are grouped so as to be able to regulate the hot water flow rate at the same time in several nodes;
- during assembly of the branching individual mixing units underfloor system can be controlled by one unit;
- certain temperature in all rooms is maintained by a thermostat set in the 2- or 3-way valve;
- Climate control is carried out using a modern system comprising a plurality of sensors, to help maintain the predetermined parameters indoor climate. More about control systems, underfloor see in this video:
Group controller is directly connected to the servo. Due signal feeder driven valve that regulates the water supply.
Thermostats, comparative characteristics
Automation includes a complete set of devices necessary to control underfloor heating:
- underfloor control unit (thermostat) controls the heating temperature by transmitting signal to the servos. The signals transmitted on a wire or via radio.
- Sensors floor temperature is measured and the air heating parameters and transmit them to the device regulating the operation of the system.
- Servo functions as pressing on the valve so that it opens (start water flow) or closed (the water supply is stopped).
- Controllers with a different set of functions up to the weather and climate control.
Comparative characteristics thermostats shown in the table:
In a private house or apartment with a small budget sufficient to install only the automatic control regulating flow of water circulating pump.
If there are greater financial capacity, you can purchase the climate control system Smart house and build in its automatic control of water sexes. Learn more about smart underfloor heating see in this video:
Automation floor heating helps to ensure user comfort and control of underfloor heating provides the most economical operation and ease of management.