- 1 As a newcomer to plaster the walls with his own hands: video and recommendations for use
- 1.1 How to plaster the walls: especially technology and material selection
- 1.1.1 How to plaster brick wall with his hands
- 1.1.2 How to plaster the walls: a video guide for working with the concrete surface
- 1.1.3 The plaster walls in the bathroom: the advantages and disadvantages of various options
- 1.1.4 How to plaster the walls with his own hands: peculiarities of working with foamed concrete
- 1.2 As a newcomer to plaster the walls with his own hands: video instruction
- 1.2.1 As the brick wall plastering: features of surface preparation
- 1.2.2 Features of preparation of the surface of the concrete wall
- 1.2.3 Features of preparation of wooden surface
- 1.2.4 How to plaster the walls with his own hands: video instruction on putting up beacons
- 1.2.5 Rules applying plaster to the surface
- 1.2.6 How to prepare a solution to plaster their own hands
- 1.2.7 How to mix your own solution: rules and recommendations
- 1.3 How to putty the walls with his own hands: video newbie
- 1.1 How to plaster the walls: especially technology and material selection
- 2 As a newcomer to plaster the walls with his own hands
- 3 Plastering of walls on beacons with their hands
As a newcomer to plaster the walls with his own hands: video and recommendations for use
The fact that the plaster walls - an effective way to eliminate defects and surface irregularities, knows almost everyone. But when it is your responsibility to do the job for the first time, often there are many issues related to technology, applying the solution on a variety of surfaces. Consider, as a newcomer to plaster the walls with his own hands: video, photo, and expert advice.
Learn how to plaster the walls is easy, as it will help save money on hiring experts, as these services are not cheap
How to plaster the walls: especially technology and material selection
Before the surface of the plaster, it is necessary to accurately represent all the nuances and characteristics of the process. In this case, the novice master will remain insurmountable obstacles, and the result of the work will be close to professional.
To determine the possible error is to test on a small section of the wall
In addition to theoretical knowledge in this field, it is important to get the basic practical skills that will help in the further work. It is best to practice first on a small area of the least conspicuous. This will give the opportunity to test their own capabilities and to identify common errors that occur during operation.
Experience plaster useful for any owner of an apartment or private home, which prefers to make repairs on their own. Stucco is often used for the surface alignment needed by almost all the walls of old houses.
It is important to choose the right mortar, taking into account the characteristics and the material from which the wall is built. It is also necessary to consider the type of surface and environmental features. This is largely dependent on the outside or inside of the building work will be carried out. Consider a particular technology for each type of surfaces.
How to plaster brick wall with his hands
To qualitatively plastered brick wall, it is better to use a mixture, which was made on the basis of cement. Sometimes the composition includes lime, which gives the mixture an additional ductility. This allows the use of plaster in the rooms, which are characterized by high humidity. Or in the case where the work is carried out outside the building.
For the first layer of plaster can be used mixed with a coarse fraction
The procedure of applying plaster on the brick wall is carried out with the following recommendations:
- a mixture layer which is applied to a brick wall, should not be more than 30 mm. It is important to know that if the layer thickness is greater than 20 mm, as the basis necessary to use mesh-netting. This will allow to hold a layer of the mixture and make it more reliable, not allowing the coating eventually fall away from the wall. Plasterer thus can be both external and internal walls of the building;
- to eventually cover the characteristics meet the requirements, you need to properly perform the mixing of all ingredients, observing the following proportions: 1 part cement need to add ¾ of sand, pre-clearing and sifting it. Thereafter, water is added and all components are mixed until such time as the solution becomes ductile while retaining their thickness;
- another option - lime-cement mixture. For its preparation will need 1 part cement, as well as parts of sand 5/7 and ½ of the lime putty. In this case, first you need to mix the cement and sand, and then add them to the lime, pre-diluted in water to the consistency of milk.
Helpful advice! If the result of the plaster preparation in accordance with all guidelines mixture was still turned too thick it is allowed to add a small amount of water.
Finished plaster mixture should have the consistency of thick cream
One of the most difficult cases - the need to plaster on top of bricks. Its surface is very smooth and it significantly reduces the adhesive properties of the plaster. In some cases, the use of reinforcing mesh may not be effective and plaster crumbling chunks or just slipping on the surface. For such complex surfaces affordable solution exists in the form of special primer compositions.
In such cases, you can seek the advice of a professional builder. He will help you choose the best option primer mixture and a suitable reinforcing mesh with all the features of the surface.
Although many prefer to do it all yourself, to view a training video. For beginners plaster walls may seem a daunting task, but a necessary skill is formed rapidly, and within a few hours of training apply the mixture evenly and beautifully it will be much easier.
Note! It can be a very useful video, like a novice with his hands plastered walls of plasterboard. This process has its own nuances and, if necessary, should be considered on an individual basis.
Initially, the wall plaster process may seem complicated, but with practice, improve equipment
How to plaster the walls: a video guide for working with the concrete surface
Working with the concrete surface has its own nuances. If the surface is smooth, require prior preparation and priming, in which add quartz inclusions. This allows you to make a rough wall and provide the necessary grip surface with plaster. To enhance the adhesion of the mixture and the walls, in the step of mixing into the solution is recommended to add gypsum powder.
The better to plaster walls inside the house, when it comes to the concrete surface? For this purpose, suitable gypsum mortar, which can be prepared using the following components: 1 part of gypsum and lime ¾ part. Primarily gypsum is mixed with water. It should be done very quickly to prevent the thickening mixture. Then add mortar and again it all quickly stir until smooth.
Complex preparation process is not required if the concrete wall initially has a rough surface. In this case, it is sufficient to use the traditional technology of plastering.
Helpful advice! Experts say that regardless of the type of the concrete wall, which is to be plastered, it is useful to first apply a layer of primer deep penetration.
The last stage - the application of the last layer of fine plaster that is attached to the walls of the finished look
The plaster walls in the bathroom: the advantages and disadvantages of various options
Special attention should be given an answer to a question than to plaster the walls in the bathroom under the tile. Difficult operating conditions, characterized by high humidity and constant temperature changes may adversely affect the coating condition.
Choose what to plaster the walls in the bath falls between two options: cement and plaster structure. A first embodiment provides excellent waterproofing that under high humidity conditions is a huge advantage. Furthermore, the material is characterized by a vapor permeability and extremely high durability.
But the use of gypsum plaster for finishing the bathroom has some nuances that have to be taken into account. In particular this applies to the layer thickness. It should not exceed 20 mm. And before you start laying the tiles need to be sure to treat the surface with primer.
Thus, in the bathroom is better to make the plaster walls with cement mortar. With his hands the material is applied easily, and its characteristics indicate that the coating will last for many years and is a good base under the tile.
Bathroom walls more suitable mortar based on cement
We should also consider the question of how the newcomer with his hands plastered ceiling. Video tutorials demonstrate the complexities and subtleties of this problem, so that the owner can only follow the recommendations for a good result.
How to plaster the walls with his own hands: peculiarities of working with foamed concrete
One of the main conditions of work with the foam - the use of the reinforcing mesh. In this case, possible to use as a plaster or cement mortar. Home qualitatively prepare surface treating its special impregnating primer which is able to penetrate deep into the surface. But sometimes it still requires the use of additional measures, such as securing a special glass fiber reinforcing mesh, which is called "serpyanka".
Responsible approach to the choice of materials for plastering walls determines the life of the coating, as well as the level of comfort in the process. In specialty stores, you can find ready-made mixes for all types of surface. So if you do not want to mess around with your own by mixing the components, you can simply buy a ready option. This product is simply diluted with water, after which it is ready for use. Moreover, the manufacturers recommendations will help to understand better the plaster walls in a particular case.
Scheme wall decoration using a heater and plasters
Important! Given the diversity of dry mixes, they are very easy to get confused and do not buy exactly what is required. It is therefore recommended to carefully read all the instructions and recommendations supplied by the manufacturer of products.
As a newcomer to plaster the walls with his own hands: video instruction
You first need to carry out preparatory work aimed at cleaning the surface of various kinds of dirt and remove old finishing materials. This step is important as it determines how well will hold the plaster in the future.
In order to ensure a secure grip, you must thoroughly clean the wall, removing anything that might be between it and the base of plaster. Cleaning method selected considering characteristics of material from which the wall is composed. All cracks identified during the preparatory phase, necessarily removed to prevent cracking plaster in the future.
Preparing the wall to spray plaster mix
Seal the cracks in the wall in various ways, each of which is suitable for a particular size of the lesion. For small cracks that penetrate deep into the walls need to expand it to get to the narrowest part.
Finding its base, is cleaned to eliminate dust and dirt. Then, using a brush abundantly primed. When all finally dry, the crack can be repaired using the fillings prepared based on gypsum or cement. Using a spatula, you should try as much as possible to level the "patch" from the wall surface.
Shallow narrow crack can easily be embedded with sealant or a silicone compound. Typically, complete with a tube is a special nozzle with a thin spout that allows for such operations, directing it deep into the cracks easily.
If you want to eliminate the really extensive damage, for this purpose, you can use the mounting foam. Typically, one primer layer is applied, after which the space is filled.
Helpful advice! If in the process the excess foam were above the level of the wall, they can be easily removed, cut with a sharp knife.
As the brick wall plastering: features of surface preparation
The better plastered brick walls inside the house - a moot point. However, regardless of the choice, quality surface preparation procedure should be carried out.
Plaster brick wall with beacon
Often faced with the fact that on the surface of the brick wall has a layer of old plaster. In this case, you need to get rid of it qualitatively. You can use water and a sponge, wet the surface several times and wait until the water is absorbed. This procedure will greatly facilitate the task.
Thereafter, using a spatula, the thickness of the working surface which is at least 1.5-2 mm, and a hammer, the old plaster strays. To do this accurately and at the same time effectively, you must first carefully with a hammer to tap one of the wall sections. As a result of this procedure will crack, which will pick up trowel coating. If there is a need for a spatula handle can also tap a hammer to facilitate the removal of the old coating.
Why do we need a grid for plaster walls of the facade?
The main types of nets, the principles of selection, scope, methods of plastering, application options, tips and recommendations.
After removal of old plaster layer, it is required to walk on the surface of a wire brush or a grinder. After that, should proceed to deeper seams between the bricks. This will ensure a better adhesion between the plaster and the wall. It will be enough to deepen their 5-7 mm.
The final stage of the preparation of a brick wall - clean the surface with a soft brush and a damp cloth. Then it remains only apply a coat of primer deep penetration. Moreover, it is better to make it in two layers after allowing the first layer to dry before applying the second.
Before applying the plaster on her brick wall must be primed
Features of preparation of the surface of the concrete wall
In comparison with brick, concrete wall to clean much easier. However, due to a smooth texture Apply the plaster so that it is held to be more difficult.
In order to remove a surface layer of concrete underlayer must be thoroughly moisten the sponge with water and wipe the wall. Then, using a brush to clean off the unwanted iron layer and carefully wipe the surface again.
Another method - put over the underlayer thick paste. After drying using a conventional spatula, the entire topsheet can be cleaned easily.
After completing the purification, can proceed to the application of shallow incisions on the surface. This measure will provide traction. Despite the fact that their application will require considerable effort and time, this process is very important and determines the result of the work, so ignore this step is not necessary.
Application of the plaster on the mesh-netting
Some prefer to use a more simple way, without requiring the application of incisions - priming and addition of silica sand, followed by plastering of the walls cement-sand mortar. Due to the fine fraction it is held on the surface, creating the adhesion between the plaster and the wall. However, this method is not always effective, and to ensure its effectiveness, it is recommended to conduct a pre-test on a small area of the wall.
Helpful advice! To determine how effective the method is silica sand allows a simple test: primer and sand applied to the surface and allowed to dry completely. Then the wall is necessary to hold your hand. If sand begins to crumble from the touch, then you have to attend to the creation of incisions on the surface.
Features of preparation of wooden surface
The process of cleaning a wooden surface - the simplest of all the problems. In this case it is enough to knock on the wall with a hammer, and just osypletsya plaster on the floor. Advance is recommended to lay a polyethylene film to avoid contamination and to facilitate the cleaning process.
Preparation of wooden walls before plastering
For fixing plaster on a wooden surface is required to fill special wooden reechki. Popularly referred to as shingles. Using conventional nails, they packed all over the wall, focusing on the diagonal. This allows you to create not only an excellent base for laying a finishing material, but at the same time solves the problem of the need to establish beacons, which are required for leveling the surface of the wall.
If after removing the old layer of plaster underneath shingles detected, it necessarily need to knock down and make a new one. Wooden elements can be easily damaged, succumbing to rot, insects and exposed the influence of time. In addition, often the old shingles is a source of odor.
It is important not to forget about the need to apply protection to all the wooden surfaces and elements. Antiseptic is needed to prevent the appearance of fungus, mildew and harmful insects in wood. The composition is applied to each element and the wall before fill shakes, and then again after the installation is complete. This ensures maximum protection.
Plaster composition based on lime
There are times when instead of wooden crates reechek to use a metal chain-link fencing. This is also valid option, but its thickness should be not less than 3 mm and the mount should be not to the wall surface, and a specially prepared for this rails.
How to plaster the walls with his own hands: video instruction on putting up beacons
Since one of the main objectives of plaster - as much as possible to align the existing surface, require guidance, which otherwise are called beacons. To understand how to plaster walls on beacons, it is necessary to understand how and why they are portrayed. Do it with a spirit level, to continue to be able to make the surface as even as possible.
Usually used for this purpose metal rails, which fastening is performed by means of a plaster solution. This method is the fact that the plaster dries quickly and does not allow the profile to move, holding it in position. Arrange such beacons need to approximately 1.5 m apart.
Drawing markup beacons premises
Helpful advice! If the current level is too short and its length is not enough to check the flatness of mounting beacons, you can use a long bar. His put to one of the guides, until the solution was completely dried up, and is applied to the center level.
As an example, see the instructions on how to plaster the walls with his own hands without beacons. Videos will demonstrate other embodiments of surface alignment.
Rules applying plaster to the surface
Plastering surface consists of three stages, each of which is applied a layer of solution. Each of them is different and is placed on a special technology that best suits his purpose. The first layer is the thickest. It attacks the wall and actually serves as scrap paper, over which hereinafter will be laid over flat and smooth layers.
Application of the first layer is carried out using a trowel or a hand. It is only important to remember that in case of skin contact of the solution, you need to take care of the protection of rubber gloves. The thickness of the first layer depends on the substrate: for masonry or concrete walls will be sufficient to 5 mm, but the wooden layer required about 8-9 mm with the batten.
Special mesh between the wall and the plaster mixture provides the best adhesion to the wall surface
The second layer must be applied more accurate, but still it is not finishing. It is applied using a wide spatula or trowel, bringing the solution to a dough-like consistency. The thickness of the middle layer should be of the order of 7-8 mm.
Finishing layer prepared with the addition of fine sand that contains no large insertions. The consistency of the solution should resemble cream to go smoothly and flatten unevenness that remained after deposition of the first two layers.
For beginners in this matter will help eliminate the risk of errors purchase pre-mixes for each layer, which is in any hardware store. Their compositions are almost always promote good adhesion and provide a robust and reliable coverage.
Also worth preview the video as a plaster wall corners. Of course, with a smooth surface is easier to work, but for angular alignment may require specific skills, especially considering the fact how imperfect are the raw data.
Methods of reinforcing angles before application of the plaster
How to prepare a solution to plaster their own hands
Despite the ability to save yourself the hassle and buy ready-made compositions, many people prefer to try to do everything on their own and prepare a plaster for each layer by hand. Consider some of the most popular recipes, which are widely used and have gained the trust:
- Cement mortar, wherein 1 part of cement necessary to add 3 parts of sand.
- A solution of lime-based, in which 1 part were added 3 parts of sand.
- Cement-lime: 5 parts of sand 1 part falls lime and 1 part cement.
- Lime with added gypsum composition: 1 part dry gypsum is added to 3 parts of lime, kneaded to a dough.
Important! The resulting solution should be pliable and easy to "disperse" on the applied surface, but at the same time it should not flow downwards.
The finished mortar must be ductile and easily lie on the surface
Before proceeding to the kneading solution for the selected recipe, it is useful to know that the prepared quantity should be used for an hour, because in the future plaster tends to lose some of its qualities, such as plasticity. Furthermore, such a "delayed" material adheres poorly to the surface.
Particular attention should be paid to the solution prepared with the addition of gypsum, as this component significantly reduces the shelf life of the plaster before applying to the wall. Such a solution should be applied immediately, immediately after preparation. In addition, the duration of drying will influence the layer thickness: thin dries almost instantly.
In order to avoid mistakes and do not mess up a portion of the final mixture, you need to carefully read the instructions, and only then proceed to the addition of water, as the setting and drying time may be different.
Made mixture is best used immediately, as with time of its properties deteriorate due to drying
How to mix your own solution: rules and recommendations
To mix a good blend of yourself, you must adhere to the following procedure:
- in a vessel designed for mixing a solution, it is necessary to pour water. Then, according to the instructions, fill 6-8 trowels ready mix and thoroughly mix using a mixer construction;
- the rest of the mixture is added gradually during the thorough mixing, thus avoiding the formation of lumps and impart plasticity and uniformity of plaster;
- then it is desirable to wait 2-3 minutes and again mix the solution. At this stage it is possible to determine whether there is a need to add water or dry blend to make a thicker plaster or, alternatively, a liquid.
Once again you should pay attention that one batch should consist of an amount of material that can be used here and now. The recommendation is as follows:
- for a solution containing gypsum, the shelf life is limited to 25-30 minutes;
- if cement based, this period will be 40-60 minutes was used.
The secret of a good plaster mix is correct observance of the proportions of all the components
Wishing to make the surface appearance of the finished, many prefer applied over a layer of fillings that makes the surface is perfectly smooth and serves as an excellent basis for staining. Videos like putty walls with their hands telling in detail about all the nuances of this process and allows you to effectively complete the finishing work on leveling the surface.
How to putty the walls with his own hands: video newbie
How to plaster the walls with cement mortar or a mixture, which includes plaster, you can learn to view a training video a case. Video how to plaster walls gives details on the preparation and conduct of each phase.
In addition, so you can get answers to many questions, such as how to plaster walls and corners that you need to do to continue to keep the cover in its original form. Be sure to pay attention to the stage and finishing - plaster the walls and their further processing.
Video plaster the walls with his own hands with cement mortar
Decorative plaster with your hands, video and description
Polystyrene insulation of walls outside their own hands, video
Liquid wallpaper with your own hands. Production of the working solution: video
Video: plastered walls under the wallpaper with your own hands. Putty or plaster as well?
Water warm floor with their hands, video and description of the process
As a newcomer to plaster the walls with his own hands
Sooner or later every householder faces a problem plastering walls. Whether it's an old apartment, who had not seen for a long time or a big overhaul, or newly built country house. In any case, before you glue the wallpaper or tile overlay, you must perform a pre-treatment.
Plastering - a process very time-consuming and requires special knowledge. Of course, it is better to seek help from professionals, but it can fly you a pretty penny. And what to do if you do not have that same penny? You can learn it. Below is the detailed tutorial, we will talk about the stages of the work, how to prepare the surface, and how to perform finishing.
The plaster walls
Composition for plaster determined by the material of the wall covering, and also the location, the prepared surface (inside or outside).
- Walls made of conventional bricks. Used cement. During the exterior, as well as at high humidity room being repaired, lime is added to the solution. A layer of plaster on brick walls should be not more than 30 mm. If the thickness exceeds 20 mm, it is necessary to carry out pre reinforcement wall to prevent peeling plaster hereinafter. Preparation of the solution: mixed cement (1 hr.) And sand (2-5 hr.). Gradually adding water, mix solution. The consistency of the dough it should resemble. For the preparation of the lime-cement composition must be mixed cement (1 hr.) And sand (6-8 hr.) Diluted add lime. All components are thoroughly mixed. If the dough get too thick - add a little water.
- The walls are made of bricks. The smooth surface of the polished coating responds poorly during plastering and poor quality of work, the layer may simply fall off together with the armature. Therefore it is better to seek help from professionals.
- Smooth concrete walls. Plastering with cement mortar made with the addition of quartz particles, and gypsum. Silica in this case gives wall roughness necessary for a better coupler solution and wall surface. Lime-gypsum solution: a water tank with a thin layer of gypsum is poured (1 part) and rapidly stirred. Then add lime slurry. The resulting mixture is thoroughly kneaded. Weight should not be very thick.
- Rough concrete wall. To finish it is not required to use a special quartz primer. "Betonokontakt" enough to apply. The solution may be for both gypsum and cement.
- Foam concrete walls. The surface should be pre-treated with deep-penetrating primer. Typically, these walls plastered plaster solution, but you can use cement.
By the choice of the type of solution must be approached with great responsibility, because it affects the further life of the coating. If you have any doubts - it is better to apply to the hardware store for professional advice.
In addition to home-made solution, you can use ready-made plasters, which in a large assortment of the construction market. One of the most popular and common mixtures is by far the "Rotband".
Video: what to choose for the walls in the bathroom
If the wall is very absorbent base - sand-lime brick or concrete, a deep penetrating primer is used (Tifengrunt or its analogues). Besides the fact that such a priming solution improves adhesion to the substrate, and it is still further strengthens the wall. Before starting work, the primer should be thoroughly mixed. Strongly absorbent surfaces are processed twice.
"Betonokontakt" - special blend used for priming smooth surfaces without absorbing moisture. Before applying the primer must be cleaned wall surface from dirt and dust, flaking remove old plaster spatula or brush. "Betonokontakt" mix thoroughly before use and diluted with water (not more than 1 h. 2 h. The mixture), if necessary. surface plastering should be started only after the complete drying of the soil layer.
Video: Do I have to prime the wall before plastering
First we need to remove all the old finish and plaster, if any, to completely clean the wall from sagging, dust and dirt.
On a wooden base mounted shingle, which may be made of plywood or scraps of thin strips. Fill material is recommended diagonally. Will sheathing, which will serve as beacons and keep the plaster on the wall surface. Instead of wooden slats, it is allowed to use mesh netting. The wire reinforcement is attached to the plywood plank so that the distance between the grid and the wall surface is not less than 3 mm.
On smooth concrete wall using a hammer and a toothed wheel made sipe depth of 3 mm and a length - 15 mm. Number of notches depends on the area and is calculated by the formula 250 * m2.
Brick wall. To improve the coupler solution and wall surface recesses between the bricks are made up to 1 cm.
Wooden and brick surfaces before applying the plaster to be wetted with water using a garden sprayer or ordinary broom. Concrete walls processed by a special soil mixture - "Betonokontakt". For porous wall surface (sand-lime brick, concrete, foam concrete) applies deep penetrating primer. Strongly absorbent chassis is processed twice. After drying the primer can proceed directly to wall plastering.
Video: how to prepare the wall for decoration
The plaster is applied on the walls of several layers.
The prepared solution should resemble in consistency cream. The thickness of the first layer for wood surfaces - 10 mm, stone and brick - 4-5 mm.
There are two ways of applying the solution:
- Spraying. Portion of the solution is typed into a falcon and a trowel to force pounced on the wall in a random order. Sprayed movement is performed is not the whole hand, but only the brush. The solution does not scatter in different directions, one should not make too big swing. With this method of application, the solution particles easily penetrate into the surface void, so plastering best done so.
- Smearing. The solution is simply smeared on the wall with a trowel. After applying the first layer on the surface, it is necessary to remove too protruding portions solution optionally flatten.
The solution should be doughlike consistency. First checked readiness previously inflicted "obryzga" (if the finger pressing surface is not prominaetsya - "obryzg" dry) and only after complete drying of the first layer, the second is applied. Sketching solution on the wall, it is necessary to try to close up any voids. Flatten the surface using the rules from the bottom up, simultaneously filling the remaining empty areas. And at the last stage, to achieve a smooth wall effect, use polutorok, holding them on the surface in the vertical and horizontal direction. For wooden wall thickness of the second layer should not exceed 20 mm. Leave to dry completely.
This so-called finishing plaster layer, designed to hide all the flaws "ground". A solution creamy consistency. All the components included in it, previously sieved through a sieve in order to prevent the appearance of lumps. The surface of the "ground" moistened with water and the solution was thinly applied using a trowel. Then polutorkom performing undulating or circular motion, level surface. Wait for the complete drying of the plaster layer is not necessary. Getting grout.
Round. Wooden trowel firmly pressed against the wall, and in a circular motion clockwise, start grouting. The sharp edge cuts the tool while all irregularities and protrusions. If the layer "nakryvki" already solidified - moisten it with water.
Vrazgon. To remove traces of circular movements, you must press the grater to the wall and make a few sharp strokes. To achieve the best result possible to walk on the surface of the grater, upholstered felt or felt.
So, we found that self-plaster walls - really doable task and in compliance with all rules and regulations, you will be able to cope with it without involving outsiders.
Plastering of walls on beacons with their hands
Doing major repairs apartment, office or at home, you are sure to encounter the need plastering. This process is very time consuming and requires professional skills. Therefore, it is better to entrust this work to specialists. But if in order to save the repair budget, you decide to make the finish of the walls yourself, before you to mix the solution, read the figures shown in this article, a comprehensive guide on the plaster of the walls with his own hands.
Plaster walls extends in several ways.
- The plane, with a rule (without beacons). This option is ideal if the walls are generally quite smooth, without extremes and strong deviations.
- Alignment of walls on beacons. The second method is suitable if the walls are significant deviations and irregularities.
Basic requirements for the quality of the plaster work are set out in SNIP III-21-73. It is especially important to know them if you decide to do the work are not alone, and hire workers. Quality of work is divided into 3 parts: for simple, improved, high-quality plaster.
- In a simple plaster permissible deviation in the vertical no more than 3 mm per 1 m but not more than 15 mm to the entire height of the room. Thus, the maximum deviation at the ceiling wall 2.5 m - 7.5 mm. Valid smooth irregularities per 4 sq. m. - not more than 3 pieces. Their height or depth should not exceed 5 mm. Horizontally maximum deviation of 3 mm to 1 m.
- SNIP for improved plaster requires a strict observance of tolerances. Vertical - not more than 2 mm to 1 m, but not more than 10 mm to the full height of the room. Permissible presence of smooth irregularities - not more than 2 pcs. 4 sq. m., a depth of less than 3 mm. Per meter horizontal permissible deviation is not more than 2 mm.
- The most stringent requirements are specified in SNIP for high-quality plaster. Vertical deflection should be less than 1 mm per 1 m but not more than 5 mm in the height of the room. Maximum allowed availability 2 irregularities on Q4. m., a depth of less than 2 mm. 1 m horizontally permissible deviation is not more than 1 mm.
It is in this way you can remove significant irregularities wall. The flashing profiles serve limiter to work was performed perfectly straight within a tolerance of 1 mm / sq.
The price of plaster work ranges from 600 rubles. per sq. m. Let's calculate how much money you can save if you do not hire workers.
First of all, you need to buy a punch and a bubble level 2 m long. All other supplies will be listed below. All these accessories 6000 rubles enough, so you'll save after leveling a wall area of 15 square meters. m.
If required level walls 90 sq. m., the savings will be at least 30,000 rubles! All tools you will ever have, and if it is already there, it is a sin not to use them. If we Plasterer walls themselves, then we are sure of their quality.
Now popular solutions for plaster is a mixture of gypsum and cement based. We'll talk about leveling the plaster walls with a mixture of the following reasons.
- It is possible to apply thick layers of up to 5 cm without cracking.
- Unlike cement, gypsum mixture is not subject to shrinkage.
- Gypsum has high ductility.
- Due to their high adhesion to the base and low weight, it can be aligned and ceilings.
- Gypsum has better heat and sound insulation, and also allows the walls to "breathe."
- The possibility of plastering smooth concrete base, without reinforcing mesh.
Gypsum mixes the most popular products German company Knauf - Rotband. Also there plasters basis Gipsvell, Volma layer, Forman №10 and others.
Metal Beacons - narrow sections of galvanized steel with perforated holes that will play the role of constraints under the plaster. Through them the "rules", we remove the excess solution. Standard beacons length - 300 cm, depth - 3, 6 and 10 mm. Securing metal beacons on the wall is made by means of screws and the gun.
Flat wall can be made without metal beacons. Instead, they put up artificial beacons from plaster. This saves time (no need to pull out the lighthouses, then render over Stroebe from them), and to reduce the consumption of plaster.
Production gypsum beacons is as follows:
- on the wall where the plaster, installed plug-screws to be produced;
- by a conventional or laser level, screws put at the desired height;
- is applied to the cap screws or flat metal profile wooden bar;
- holding arm profile, a plaster solution was placed under it;
- Remove excess plaster, remove the profile.
The resulting strip of plaster and will be a beacon, such strips are made all over the wall.
In more detail how to do the beacons from plaster, shown in the video:
In addition to metal and plaster, there are more plastic beacons. They are in many ways similar to their metal counterparts, but are not made of galvanized steel, and of durable plastic. Attach the plastic beacons on the wall as well as the metal with screws. The disadvantage of this type of beacon is their fragility, bumps rule.
Required tools and consumables
- Beacons 03/06/10 mm;
- perforator and the adapter with the nozzle for producing a solution;
- dowels required size;
- wood screws with a rare step;
- crosshead screwdriver;
- Bubble level - 2 meters;
- Scissors for metal-cutting or Bulgarian lighthouses;
- a hammer;
- Typically aluminum - 2 meters and 2.5 meter rule for setting beacon;
- wide spatula - 15 cm .;
- Steel ironed;
- acrylic primer;
- primer for the treatment of concrete and smooth walls;
- broad brush or roller tray for priming;
- gloves to protect your hands.
List impressive, but some of this you probably already have. The main costs - a hammer, level and smooth surface, the rest is not very expensive. Also, do not skimp on such an instrument as a "rule" - it's a long aluminum strip with a sharp edge, it can produce the alignment solution in the floor screed or plaster. Rule convenient to check the evenness of the surface.
When all the materials and tools purchased, you can start leveling walls. Particularly important is the preparation stage, as the correct installation beacons - the most difficult job. You can do this in different ways, we will describe one of them accessible ways. In the presence of the laser level, this step becomes easier.
Partitioning walls, priming and installing beacons
- In the first place carefully inspect the surface of the walls. Apply them level and see how much Yaw. Then find using a long rule all the bumps and hollows, putting it at different angles. Point of irregularities mark marker.
- Next, do the layout for lighthouses. Let's say you have a wall 4.5 meters in length with a ceiling height of 2.75 meters, and it has a door 90h205 see. An example is shown in the photo.
- Cut the beacon is slightly smaller than the distance between the dowels. In our case it will be optimally 2.4 meters.
- Prepare a mixture of a little plaster for fixing lighthouses. To do this, pour in a bucket of water and pour a little mixture. Mix thoroughly with a spatula or a hammer with a nozzle.
- Consistency of solution should be slightly thinner than curd. Finished plaster should not fall from the spatula.
- Apply the plaster along the line so that it stuck out of the cap screws. Press the lighthouse in the mixture with the help of the rules, but no deeper than the bulging bonnet. It is most convenient to do together - one man on top, the other below.
- Make sure to set the flatness of the lighthouse with a long rule and level, adjust its position, if necessary. You can then pull the screws out of the wall.
- Do not forget to clean the rule from the mixture prior to its drying, and proceed to the next beacon.
Since this is quite a difficult thing for a novice plasterers, we are sure to see the installation of beacons on the video:
When the beacons are secure, you can begin the very plaster walls.
- Pour about 1/3 buckets of water and add the solution while stirring with a mixer.
- The thicker the layer you want to apply, the thicker must be a solution, but it must not drip from the spatula. In any case, be sure to read the instructions on the container with the mixture.
- If the walls are strongly absorb moisture, be sure to generously moisten them before plastering. Moisten only that portion which is going to finish, it's best to do it with a spray gun. If you do not do this, the plaster quickly give up all the moisture before he could grab, and crack.
- Application of the plaster on the wall professionals produced by capes spatula solution on the wall. You can try to put it on the bevel, and immediately align it on the wall, if you prefer.
- Perform alignment walls upwards. Plaster coat should be dense, without any gaps, and out of the beacons.
- Then take a rule and a sharp edge, perpendicular to the beacons, start to drive on them. If you keep to the right at an angle, then remove unnecessary. Alignment rule begins with the lower boundary of the lighthouses. Zigzag movements lead him slowly up and remove excess, throwing them up a trowel.
When the plaster slope from doorways and windows, apply the solution with overlapping, as shown in the photo.
If the walls are large differences greater than 5 cm, it is necessary to make the plaster in two layers. The first layer is applied without alignment, and while it is not yet stiffened spatula to make it large irregularities (notches). After a couple of days, can be applied to the second layer, primed wall.
However, for large irregularities more quickly will produce alignment of the walls with drywall.
To better understand the process of alignment of the walls, look at the following video tutorials on plaster:
- The last stage - the grout plaster. To make this easier to do, it is better to proceed with the grouting solution dries. To do this, dilute plaster with small portions in a more liquid consistency. Before grouting, moisten a small section of the wall about 1 square meter.
- Apply the solution to Malku smudge and its thin layer. Then leveled the square Malka at an angle of 45 degrees, with strong pressure.
- Continue to smooth the square until Malke no longer collect the solution at the same time removing its excess. The surface should obtain a flat and smooth.
- Repeat these steps, but each new square straighten the previous lap. Try to work without interruptions, distractions only batch solution.
Note! If you make the alignment of the walls in the bathroom by tiling, minimum layer of plaster should be 10 mm. In addition, to make the grout is not required, since the wall will create humps is necessary for most of the tile adhesion.
The result of the work is shown in the photo:
Stucco exterior walls (facades) beacons technology is almost the same as indoors. The main thing - to observe the temperature regime. The outdoor temperature must be above zero.
Facade typically a mixture of cement and sand. For greater durability of the facade can be attached to a metal mesh and plaster on it. It is especially important to use a grid if the walls of the house are made of silicate bricks.
We have examined in detail how to plaster the walls with lighthouses. Now you can easily make this work, and with his own hands. Do not worry if you do not get this thing right the first time, everything goes with the experience, and you will learn how to make the wall perfectly smooth. We also recommend you to read our article about the application of decorative plaster.
Video tutorial for beginners, how to plaster the walls with his own hands with the help of cement plaster. Leveling of brick walls with plaster beacons and without them.
Methods of application of decorative plaster with your hands, painting and varnishing technology. As with a conventional plastering on the wall to make a raised pattern.
Choice of wall panels PVC bathroom. Cladding plastic panels in the bathroom and on the balcony. Lathing and installation of the panels (guide with photos).
Greetings mesh reinforced necessarily. Layer to 4cm
How many squares need to perform on the day the plaster by hand?
Lighthouses pull out why !?
1. How can rust and GALVANIZED Beacon profile? No need to buy a cheap low-quality profile here and will not rust. It is not necessary to cut galvanized profile "grinder", and it is easily cut with scissors, under the action of high temperature galvanizing layer is destroyed.
2. Beacon profile serves as a reinforcing member holding a predetermined shape. Why then nobody vyderaet the flashing corner profiles are the same, too, in your opinion, porzhaveyut.
3. If the rule "walks" hanging on lighthouses (as in the video), it indicates poor quality work and failure to comply with the application of technology. Of course, easier to apply the plaster at random, then quickly tear beacons and repaired all the plaster, and then sculpt the top layer of putty. This style of many wage-dressers, they do not care about quality and material consumption, the main thing quickly. Yes, you can take the money for the sealing of joints and leveling putty walls.
Rip or tear beacons, depending on how often lead rule on beacons and how much at the same time pressed, because the zinc coating with a strong friction on the rule, unfortunately erased.
How many millimeters is permissible plaster?
It depends on the type of plaster. If we talk about Rotband, it is not less than 5 mm, but not more than 20-30 mm at a time. The layer can be made 50 mm in two passes.
Thanks very useful article
Tell me please, when it is necessary to put on the outer corners, after plastering the surface, during, or prior to plastering.
Many thanks for video tutorials!
THANK YOU! Very clear article.
Thank you for the article. Soon I'll be plastering the walls in the hallway. blog report.