- 1 How to clean the chimney soot in the home
- 2 How to clean the chimney soot folk remedies with their hands: 3 ways to solve the problem
- 3 How to clean the stove soot
How to clean the chimney soot in the home
Previously, when the stove was heating in all homes, problems with the cleaning of the chimney was not. Head of the family knew exactly how, what and when to clean, and the chimney sweep profession was at a premium.
Over time, the boilers replaced the furnace, and today only a few can guess why stop lights the fire, while igniting smoke comes out. But the biggest problem is not the point - but the fact that carbon monoxide, without passing through the contaminated tube, begins to concentrate in the room, which creates a direct threat to life and health of the household. In order for you to avoid such problems, we'll show you how to clean the chimney soot in the home and why he did dirty.
First you need to understand that in the long-term use of any clogged chimney, even made on the technology and of the right materials. In any case, it is necessary not less than 1 time in 1-3 years, depending on the intensity of use, clean the chimney.
Much more soot is accumulated in the interior of the flue pipes due to violation of the design or manufacturing techniques. For example, you can identify the following main reasons:
- incorrect laying pipe and masonry mortar residues on the inner side;
- violation of operating the furnace or fireplace;
- chimney made of a low-quality material;
- the absence of a protective umbrella to the chimney, in connection with which it fly birds, debris falls, foliage, etc .;
- violation lumen sized chimney.
Improper operation of the furnace or fireplace means using wood as a fuel with a high concentration of resin burning or "himicheskogo9raquo; Garbage - polyethylene, plastic, rubber.
- Often cause rapid clogging of the flue pipe is defective material which is used when laying - as bricks and mortar. This leads to chipping, there is no parts that are stuck in the chimney and so on.
- Narrowing of the flue-gas pipe, called as a cause, and more in total, gives thrust at ignition, the smoke does not come out and increases the heating flue walls.
If you notice these signs, it's time to clean the chimney. Apart from the fact that, as mentioned earlier, carbon dioxide accumulates in the room, with an increase in sooty deposits, at some point, they light up, and the fire begins.
Of course, the labor market has a narrow specialists who cleans the pipes, using a variety of chemical and mechanical methods, but the price of their services is quite high. On average, the rate depends on the type of heater (oven, bath stove, fireplace or grill) and ranges from 9 to 12 thousand rubles for a single service. It is clear that much cheaper on their own to figure out how to clean the chimney soot in the home, and not to put on the family budget a crushing blow.
The most simple everyday ways chimney cleaning
Oddly enough, but it's a great tool in the fight against small (.) Sooty deposits.
By itself, the potato does not remove the soot from the pipe, but soften it, which makes it possible to quickly and easily clean off it mechanically.
For this method to prepare in advance 0.5 buckets dry potato peelings or chopped potatoes, and pre-dried. When the wood burn through and remain smoldering coals, throw them on potato peelings. Burning, they emit vapors starch, which softens the soot to an acceptable state.
Rather, prophylactic method, which is recommended to use each time to start the fireplace or stove. Salt poured on the burning wood, and chemicals secreted prevent soot settling on the walls of the chimney. Of course, over time it still settles, but not as much and not as sticky.
You can purchase a special piece of wood for the stove-makers in the store or use birch firewood. If you can, you can buy and aspen logs, they have the same effect.
With birch logs should definitely remove the bark.
These wood in a short time increase the temperature in the furnace to a maximum, after which the carbon black is broken just in pieces. This is a good way, but require constant human presence. If the soot accumulated enough such heavy fire from aspen or birch is quite able to singe her. Do not be lazy and stay near the fireplace all the time, until the wood does not burn through.
Chemical methods for cleaning soot
It is much more effective ways to fight even with significant sooty deposits.
The following drugs are proven effective:
- A mixture of nitrate, copper sulfate and coke in equal parts. The composition is poured on the ember is allocated a number of chemical elements which provoke the shedding of significant quantities of soot during combustion.
The maximum dose - 200 grams of the finished composition.
- PCC (antiscaling chemical composition) - a very effective structure for combating the soot to be burned directly in a package.
Carefully read the instruction - the effect of the drug is so strong that it may even provoke cracking flue pipe. It is strictly forbidden to violate the dosage.
- Kominichek - Czech drug to combat a small plaque Sazhnev layer (2-3 mm). One package is enough for a standard chimney cleaning for 2-3 months. It is recommended to use the composition at least 3 times per year at the regular operation of the furnace or fireplace.
The active ingredient is copper perchloric of CuCl2, so during use, you must make a very good draft in the room and, if possible, be present in it.
- The log-sweep - natural birch or aspen log further impregnated CuCl2. Burning, it sets off a series of chemical elements, provoking exfoliation creosote deposits - tar deposits.
Given the fact that these drugs are also expensive pleasure, to enjoy them is worth no more than 1 time a year or two. It is much easier and cheaper to take a series of preventive measures and clean the pipe mechanically.
Mechanical cleaning methods flue
The tools needed for the job, you get only once, so in the future this method will not be costly.
So, you will need:
In addition to the basic tools you will need a respirator, thick fabric gloves and goggles.
All furnaces are cleaned from above and fireplaces - from the bottom.
Purification of the furnace, including the bathing is performed as previously washed a brush container of milk. Neat circular movements scraped the soot that falls down on the bottom of the well. Pick tool depending on the channel thickness. Initially, you can burn wood with povershennoy salt or potato peelings, to soften the black and facilitate the work. After use ruffs or brushes, as needed, cleaning rod or gaff.
To carry out clean-up, choose a sunny day with no wind. Be sure to securely fasten itself around the pipe, to prevent the risk of injury.
Fireplace cleaned mostly stiff brushes with long handles at the bottom.
Required after the emptied tube, clean and well bottom - all black, which has fallen off from the wall, raking poker and dustpan and discard.
Self-cleaning of chimney soot and carbon deposits are not such a complicated task as it might seem at first. Yes, it's a long process, especially if it is not previously encountered. The most important thing - time to take a series of preventive measures, and in turn use the methods listed above. The optimal time for cleaning - early autumn, when there is still serene days.
Thank you for telling me how to clean the chimney soot in the home, and even in the details. And how do you know that brushing longer needed? I have a wood burning stove.
Phoenix Sirius a blast. In potstil mode I sped up to 4 liters per hour. SS was a fortress.
I drive a second time at the Phoenix-elegant. I do not understand why such a high temperature distillation? Fire .
The PIR-plates, it makes sense, if you need a private house quickly upholster insulation. No smell, no.
Hello. Each year the improved devices, children sores are eliminated, it is advisable.
Useful article. If you want my opinion, it will share. I also engaged in distilling,.
How to clean the chimney soot folk remedies with their hands: 3 ways to solve the problem
To properly clean the chimney, should first study the recommendations of experts Regardless what type of fuel will be given preference, cleaning chimneys is very important. Since over time the combustion products are discharged through these channels form carbon deposits and plaque, and, simply put, soot inside your chimney. Such pollution can and should clean their hands, and continue to enjoy a pleasant evening with your crackling hearth. How to do it, and some of the ways you more acceptable, you will learn by reading the embodiments set forth below.
Why do I need to clean chimneys, stoves and fireplaces with soot
When using the stove heating in their homes, we should not forget about the safety of their health and property of the house as a whole. So as fireplaces and stoves are open sources of fire, it is necessary to ensure their safe use in the home, so you need to make timely cleaning of the chimney.
During the combustion of any fuel, whether it is wood or a special cake, Carbon monoxide, which is very dangerous for the human body. Fumes pipe with good traction allows us not smoke, and comfortable condition and comfort.
The clogging of the chimney from the combustion products formed by coating on the pipe walls and, over time, of soot layer becomes thicker, thereby making difficult the passage of smoke. Because of that deteriorating traction, that in consequence lead to a drop in efficiency, cost overruns of the heating material, the passage of smoke in the room. It is with such difficulties you have to fight, neglecting cleaning of the chimney.
Chimney apply special tool with a long handle
There is also the risk of a chimney fire inside, due to the same carbon black. This can lead to destruction (cracking) of the pipe walls. However, the greatest danger - see sparks, which may cause a fire.
What happens if you do not clean the chimney soot:
- Thrust reduction, poor permeability of the smoke;
- Wear inside the chimney (cracking);
- Loss of efficiency, wood consumption (briquette);
- The probability of fire inside the chimney;
Safe operation of your fireplaces and stoves depends on the chimneys that are an important part of such a source of warmth and comfort in your home. Support them clean will ensure your safety.
How to understand that the furnace cleaning needed
First of all, the state of blockage of furnaces and fireplaces influence the intensity and operation time, and the choice of fuel for them. When using raw logs as basic blockage is more often manifested in chimneys.
For furnaces used spruce and pine. However, this breed is a resinous wood, and use it too often is not worth it. The most optimal option - insert dry wood to lie down for at least 1.5 years. The first "symptoms" of the blockage in the chimney pipe will be apparent, and notice them will not be difficult.
Signs of clogging of the chimney:
- First of all, you need to pay attention to the smoke. From the chimney clean out the white or transparent smoke. If it is already necessary to clean the smoke is gray or black. However, this can affect the resin, which contain wood.
- Cleaning of fireplaces and stoves is necessary if the fire changed color from light orange to orange.
- You need to clean the stove, if not all of the smoke exits through the chimney. The smoke in this case can come back into the house.
- Time for which burned a piece of wood briquettes or halved.
If you notice any of these signs, then you have time to clean the chimney. However, even if they do not, it is desirable to release the chimney soot twice a year.
If you see that the chimney is clogged, then you need to start cleaning. Of course, this can help you a chimney sweep, but cheaper to do it yourself.
If your chimney is too often requires cleaning, then you need to find out why he scores. Usually the problem is in the wrong choice of fuel or in the absence of the protective hood.
Choose how often you need to clean the stove or fireplace should be based on the frequency of its use
Sooner or later, to each owner of a private house there is a question: "How to clean the chimney, not dismantling it?". There are several ways, and we offer them to talk.
- To clean the chimney mechanical methods need special adaptations. The meaning of such cleaning is to remove soot by scraping it.
- Chemical Cleaner for chimney. Chemistry is now presented in a wide variety, so you can easily find a suitable remedy.
- folk remedies cleaning - is one way to remove soot from the chimney. At this time, the cleaning tube there are many options.
Each of the methods in its own good. With the cleaning chemicals you will be able to cope on their own, but on the removal of soot folk remedies and mechanically we'll talk more.
How to clean the chimney traditional methods
Traditional cleaning methods flue considered the safest. They gently cleanse soot and do not lead to serious consequences. To clean the chimneys folk ways you do not have to disassemble the oven. All the actions we have described are easy and safe.
If you drown the stove with firewood, an ax instead can use the chainsaw. If you cut the wood properly, you will save a lot of time.
Clean out pockets so arranged that the man was most convenient to remove from the chimney soot. If you have built a furnace and fireplace correctly, with cleaning problems should arise.
How to clean kominichek folk remedies:
- The first way - is to heat the oven aspen firewood. The meaning of this method lies in the fact that such fuel warms up the chimney to very high temperatures, which facilitates its purification. Therefore, burn chimney wood - this is a great option.
- Another great option - it protaplivanie firewood oven with salt. Fuel is laid a layer of salt, and then ignited fire. Such a composition is decomposed to carbon black component and purifies flue. The remaining powder will help to clean the vacuum cleaner.
- Fun way to clean the chimney - it is his furnace potato peel. To this end, it should be dried and put in the oven melted. Thereafter, the soot is easily peeled off a whisk. In addition to cleaning the chimney, so you can get rid of food waste.
- You can also clean the chimney using walnut shells. To do this, you need a couple of handfuls of peeled Add melted oven. From such a high temperature would go black itself. At the same time you can also get rid of unnecessary junk.
Such people methods are effective only when the carbon black layer had not yet reached a critical size. Heavily clogged "chimney wells" will help clear the only chemistry and brush. However, before such measures need to post ads for their households, so they are not melted oven.
The mechanically clean the chimney
The most effective way to clean the chimney - mechanical. With gross exposure is possible to achieve much better results than with salt or potato peelings.
Some of the "inventors" to clean flue offer burn aluminum cans. However, the effectiveness of this method has not been proved. Since the reviews about it are not clear.
When cleaning the chimney must comply with safety regulations, to avoid falling off the roof
There are several ways to clean a chimney mechanically. We offer you to start to get acquainted with the most common of them - the cleaning of the chimney brush.
Instructions for cleaning the chimney brush:
- First of all, you need to take care of the correct choice of brush. You will approach the tool with a long handle and flexible, as well as nylon handle. Such a brush is not only tough enough to clean the chimney soot, but also is able to penetrate even the most hard-to-corner.
- Try not to scratch the inside of the pipe. Such lesions contribute to more rapid and abundant accumulation of soot.
- Before cleaning, care should be taken to protect their eyes and respiratory tract soot. To do this, put on goggles and a protective mask.
- Furniture, windows and walls of the house need to be protected too. To do this all you need to cover with foil or newspapers.
- Make sure that the chimney is completely cold. Remove the remaining fuel, including coal and soot. Remove the flap from the chimney.
- Shove the brush into the chimney from the roof and carefully make cleaning the chimney. Do not miss a single site and do things gradually. Repeat the same on the part of the fireplace.
- After cleaning, the flue return valve in place. Thoroughly rinse the brush in warm water.
- Do not remove the protective film from furniture, walls and windows, wipe off the soot which fell into the room. Then remove the protection and perform wet cleaning.
Such a method is considered the most efficient and safest. However, there are several options for mechanical cleaning.
You can take a garden hose for watering plants. To that end, which will go down the chimney, attach a short round brush. Next, the hose must be lowered and removed from the flue until the soot does not gather inside.
Mechanical method of cleaning the chimney is the most effective. In addition to the brush and hose you can use a brush or a cane. The most unusual for this is considered to be the weight on the chains. However, this option is very dangerous and can cause the collapse of the chimney.
How to clean wells in the oven (video)
chimney cleaning - a dirty but necessary job. If you want to save money from the family budget, you can well do without the help of the chimney sweep. In addition, cleaning of soot in different ways - this is a very interesting job. If you are already using one of the methods described above, or has some his own version, you can write your opinion below!
Copying is allowed only with a link back to the source
How to clean the stove soot
Over time, a brick oven or a fireplace with an open combustion chamber is covered with soot. If the brick is light, it is very noticeable and spoils the whole look. In addition, two or three times a year, the chimney stove should be cleaned of any kind of smoke inside the pipe. To learn how to clean the soot from brick and some ways of cleaning the chimney there, you can learn on.
To remove soot from brick masonry stove or fireplace, you can use the following ways:
- Flushing a damp sponge
- Purification brick surface cleaner, washing detergents
- Using baking soda and vinegar
- Special means for cleaning the brick surfaces.
To clean the external walls of the fireplace, you will need gear: rubber gloves, scrubbing brush, broom, vacuum cleaner, a sponge.
How to clean soot from a brick
Sex is lined around the hearth film so as not to contaminate the floor during cleaning. Further it is possible to prepare a composition for a bathing bricks, which consists of a salt and conventional washing powder. The stronger and more pollution of the surface being treated, the greater the amount of ingredients needed. Ready solution should be in the form a thick paste. Foam sponge is wetted brick in the downward direction and cleaned of surface contaminants. Then the prepared solution in water is whipped to a foam and applied on bricks. The tool should be on the wall for at least 15-20 minutes, the foam in this case is to turn black. Thereafter, washed with a brush solution. This method is effective in the case of low-energy pollution. Shoe furnace soot, ingrained in the brick, can be carried out by the following methods:
- Laying wetted with water, then it is applied to vinegar for 20-30 minutes, after which it can be cleaned with water with a sponge. When using this method requires good ventilation.
- Using detergent cleaner after application to the brickwork of the salt solution and powder. This method is not suitable for cleaning old brickwork, because it can destroy it.
- The use of special detergents intended for cleaning brick surfaces.
If not conduct preventive cleaning flue pipe before each heating season, and even more often, this will lead to that formed inside the accumulation of soot and soot thickness up to several tens of centimeters. This can not be tolerated, because the tube walls begin to wear, traction deteriorates, as a result of chimney opening may ignite. To avoid this, you need to know some ways on how to clean the furnace chimney soot. They can be divided into three groups: mechanical cleaning, chemical and use of home remedies.
- Mechanical cleaning for removing soot layer thickness of more than 5 mm.
This will require: a special metal ruff, a small weight on the rope, stiff wire brush and boat hook, as well as protective equipment for eyes, hands and respiratory tract. To clean the fireplace, you need to do it from the bottom and the oven - top.
It is necessary to firmly shut the door of the furnace and other openings leading to the house. If the chimney there is garbage, you need to push it down with a long stick, and remove already out of the house. Soot scraped ruff and round wire brushes and congestion pushed weights on the hanger. Then you have to remove the soot from the clean out port and from the furnace.
- Chemical cleaning composition suitable for use if the plaque has a small thickness. Before you clean the soot from the stove, the chimney should be freed from dust. Normally, the chemical method is referred to as the number of preventive measures.
This method consists of the use of chemical reagents which must be burned in the stove. The most popular are:
- A mixture of equal amounts of nitrate, copper sulfate and coke, which must be emptied to the maximum dose of 200 grams per embers. Soot causes shedding.
- Antiscaling chemical composition (PCC): an effective composition which is burned in the package. The maximum allowable number specified in the instructions, it may not be violated.
- Czech means "Kominichek": consists of cupric chloride, however if it is applied is necessary to ventilate the room. It copes well with small sooty coating.
- "The log-chimney sweep", which consists of natural birch or aspen wood impregnated with copper chloride. On combustion, causing delamination of tar deposits.
- Home remedies.
- The most effective, but not suitable for the faint chimney means are aspen firewood. When burning lights located inside the flue soot, fly begin white flakes. Structure warms up to 1000 degrees, however it must be sufficiently strong.
- With small deposits can help manage potato peelings. They can also be used as pre-cleaning before use mechanical technique, soften as soot. To do this, prepare 0.5 buckets dry cleanings or dry chopped potatoes, which need to throw on the embers. Secreted starch loosen grime and help further the fight against its removal.
- The salt can be used as usual preventive measures: every time when igniting the furnace it is necessary to pour the burning firewood. Thereafter, the soot becomes not so viscous and settles on the tube in smaller quantities.
- Naphthalene: one tablet can throw into the burning furnace, a cleaning effect similar aspen wood. Before use, ensure the integrity of the tube outside and inside absence of debris.
- To soot as little as possible to accumulate in the chimney, you can burn a single aluminum cans every ten rastopok. In this case, the temperature should be such that the bank really burned.
- Similarly, a mechanical cleaning method is to use an ordinary (hard) of the hose, the end of which is attached or cut the plastic bottle brush.
Thus, preventive measures can be dispensed from the home agent with small clusters of soot inside the chimney. If the chimney is significantly narrowed due to a thick layer of soot, it is better to use one of the chemical methods, and then clean it mechanical method.