- 1 How to make a concrete otmostku - step by step instructions on preparation of the solution, before pouring concrete
- 1.1 Requirements for the blind area and the rules for its devices
- 1.2 How do blind area of concrete around the house
- 1.3 otmostki device technology of concrete with insulation
- 1.4 Protection of concrete blind area from destruction
- 1.5 Repair of concrete blind area around the house with his own hands
- 1.6 The cost of the device without blind area of concrete material
- 2 Blind area without error: how to make a blind area around the house
- 3 How to build a house with his hands
- 4 What is the blind area of the basement and how to do it
How to make a concrete otmostku - step by step instructions on preparation of the solution, before pouring concrete
Reliable, time-tested way to protect the foundation from the effects of surface waters - Installation of concrete blind area around the house. The absolute advantage of a blind area of concrete is low cost and ease of manufacture.
100% protection from moisture, which is provided with a holistic otmostka concrete coating can not guarantee any material (without tiered arrangement "cake"). Status of the foundation is directly reflected on the position of the entire structure. Therefore, the foundation needs capital protection.
This is precisely the main task of a blind area - protection of the foundation and base of the house. In addition to the barrier, it performs several functions. For example, it allows you to organize more convenient movement of the blind area, and gives the finished look of the structure.
Concrete blind area around the house with his own hands
Consider the steps how to make a blind area around the house of concrete with their hands. We offer break all stages of the arrangement on the theoretical and applied.
- In the first part we see what you need to know and prepare before starting to work.
- In the second - how to prepare the bed and pour a concrete blind area properly.
Requirements for the blind area and the rules for its devices
- width of the concrete otmostki, according SNIP 2.02.01-83 should be 200 mm. greater than the overhang of roofing material. In the presence of drainage, its parameters are also taken into account. The same snip regulates width depending on soil type. Traditional (optimal) can be regarded blind area width of 1 meter. This width allows for freedom of movement and plays a role of paths around the house;
- length. Since the foundation needs to be protected around the perimeter of the house, it is logical that the blind area should also be completely encircle the structure. An exception can only be the place of installation of the concrete porch;
- penetration depth or level otmostki should not exceed one half of the calculated depth freezing soil characteristic specific region. This parameter can be viewed in table or request information at the Department of Architecture at the location of the object.
The ability to move the concrete blind area with the soil gives it its function. Otherwise, it will be reduced to the role of water drainage, which is not sufficient to protect the foundation.
Note. At the depth of frost penetration in the soil affects the availability of communications.
Armed with the above data we can proceed to a device otmostki concrete foundation.
How do blind area of concrete around the house
- concrete for the blind area. Mark - a concrete quality indicator, its value is in the range of 100 to 1000. It refers to the proportion of cement content in concrete. The concrete class ranges from V3,5 to B8 and denotes the strength of the concrete. So, class of 15, indicates that the cube of concrete pouring in size 15h15h15 see is able to withstand the pressure of 15 MPa.
What grade of concrete needed for the blind area? To prepare the solution used cement mark M 200 (B15 grade).
Parameters (features) of concrete depending on the grade shown in Table.
- sand. What is needed? For the device of the lower layer or cushion suitable river sand quarry. The main thing is that it did not contain major contaminants that can damage the geotextile;
- crushed stone (gravel). For otmostki suitable gravel fractions 10-20;
- clay or geoteksil for hydraulic lock device. In practice, the base cushion layer is absent, for good concrete drains water;
- cement for zheleznenija.
Composition concrete solution for otmostki
If you can not use ready-mixed concrete, you can knead your own. To do this, you need to prepare:
- cement for the blind area. It should be known that cement concrete stamp mark is determined and its weight in the percentage ratio of the solution components. For the blind area used cement M400 Portland cement. The cement should be fresh, with each month of storage it loses 5% of its properties. Check the freshness of just enough to pinch in his hand a little cement, if it shrinks into a ball - the expiration date at the end, if poured out freely - you can work with it;
- sand. For the preparation of the concrete must be taken sifted and washed of impurities, and soil;
- rubble. It is desirable to use a fraction 5-10 mm crushed stone. Thus, crushed stone better than, e.g., fine gravel;
- water. It should be at room temperature;
- additives. We need to give concrete frost-resistant properties. As an additive used often waterglass.
Of the tools you will need a cement mixer or container for mixing, a shovel, a bucket (it is better to take the plastic, it is easier to clean), measuring tanks (for water), manual or log Ramming vibroplastina.
Preparation of a concrete solution for the blind area
In practice, the blind area portions solution is prepared, after all preparatory work performed. We give a recipe of cement slurry and how to properly knead.
The concrete composition solution include: cement, gravel, sand, water and various additives that enhance its strength. The ratio (aspect ratio) of these components depends on the durability and strength of the blind area.
Note. The components are measured only on weight.
Proportions solution otmostki
Depending on the brand of concrete proportions will be different. SNP 82-02-95 regulates the mixture to produce concrete of a certain brand.
Concrete mix is very demanding on the amount of water supplied. Its surplus reduces strength of concrete, as outputs to the upper layer of mortar cement flour. This leads to the fact that the fort is not evenly distributed. In practice, it is calculated that the water should be about half the amount of cement. More accurate data are contained in the table (water-cement ratio (W / C) for concrete).
The order of feeding the components into the solution is also important. The container or mixer for mixing first poured cement, poured water. By stirring, a so-called cement milk. Next, add the remaining ingredients in it. First poured sand, small portions, and then the gravel (gravel).
otmostki device technology of concrete with insulation
Preparation of the base under the blind area. For this removed the upper layer of soil, removed all the roots, stones, etc. Using herbicide continuous action will eliminate the activity under the substrate. For example, drugs or Agrokiller Tornado.
marking. To do this, we stretch the rope on the score at the corners stakes. To avoid sagging of the rope you need to install the intermediate stakes (at a distance of 5-6 m. From each other).
hydraulic lock device. For this stack fatty clay layer 100-150 mm or dim bottom geotextile (roofing felt, PVC film, advertising banner, etc.). Note that the film does not tear better at the bottom of the trench fill layer in sand 50-100 mm. and poured on top of the film layer of sand, the same thickness. Sand equals, moistened and compacted. In the case of clay hydrolocks only one sand layer. When placing the film should be avoided tension. She should be able to freely move along the ground.
It is worth noting that many ignore this stage of the work. In practice, this ratio results in that the water passing through the expansion joint, goes directly to the foundation, and during freezing leads to increased pressure on it.
gravel backfilling. The layer thickness varies between 50 and 100 mm. Gravel attain to the level and compacted. As the rubble is difficult to stamp, some recommend using it for laying a special grille, which is used in the landscape design for the device gravel paths. Just note it will increase costs unnecessarily blind area.
Laying of communications pipes. For this purpose, the sand make a recess under the pipes and livnepriemniki.
Warming of the blind area. On hard-packed sand, which filled rubble and communications, laid polystyrene or penoplex. Blind area is only suitable for rigid insulation, but he is afraid of point loads, so it definitely is laid on a sandy base.
Reinforcement of concrete blind area. Performed by laying reinforcing mesh with 50x50 or 100x100 mm or is mated reinforcing cage.
If the insulation is not expected, reinforcement mesh is laid directly on the rubble to a height of 20-30 mm. That will contribute to a better distribution of concrete.
formwork device. Mounted boards or plywood strictly on the level. To neutralize the bursting strength of concrete, formwork reinforced with stakes that are installed on the outside of her hand. When installing you should not forget that the casing is removable, which means that all the seams will be visible after its dismantling. In this case, the blind area will have an ugly look. Therefore, setting the boards need to ensure that internal seams were invisible.
Apparatus joints. For this set wooden slats, boards (on the edge), which are pre-treated or antiseptic prosmalivayutsya. The recommended distance between the expansion joints of the blind area 2-2,5 meters. Expansion joints made sure diagonally in a place where formwork turns (in the corners). Purpose of the expansion joint - to compensate for thermal expansion of the concrete during operation. They are placed on a level with the angle of inclination of the formwork, as when concrete is poured on them are guided. As an alternative to wood may act Gerlen butyl rubber tape (10 rubles / m) or gidrorazbuhayuschy elastic cord, e.g., Penebar Rapid SW45 A / B.
According to the reviews, who ignored the formation of expansion joints after the first winter I had cracked. Many believe that the wood swells and is moisture. To seal the gap can be formed by special sealants, mastics TEKTOR type 103 (225 rubles / pc), ISOSEAL P-40 (280 rubles / pc).
Pouring concrete blind area. When pouring the concrete need to watch out for in order to avoid forming air pockets, and the cement mixture evenly fills the entire space. It is important that when priming did not appear bumps and hollows. Their presence will lead to stagnation of water in these places. If you can not do all the blind area at a time, is filled with part of it, and then resumes.
How to pour the concrete blind area around the house - video
Protection of concrete blind area from destruction
Many people wonder what to cover concrete blind area around the house. After all, without fail after the grout, blind area must be protected against swelling, deformation, fracture, moisture, rain, snow. Consider what and how to do it better.
Ways to protect the blind area of the foundation:
Cement concrete blind area around the house
As iron blind area with your hands?
- Dry method zheleznenija - freshly poured concrete layer is sprinkled with cement (2 mm), followed by grouting. Dry cement grips with concrete solutions and enhances its ability to withstand exposure to water.
- The wet method zheleznenija - 12-14 days after casting (when the concrete dries) on the surface of the blind area must walk cement-sand mortar (1: 1) supplemented with lime paste (10% by volume of the mixture).
For this purpose suitable deep penetrating primer such as AURA Unigrund KRAFT (90 rubles). The primer solutions used when the planned additional finishing. For example, laying tiles or painting. If such plans have better water repellent use, for example, Eskaro Aquastop Waterproof W (1200 rubles) or NGL-11 (195 rubles / 5 l). Gaining popularity concrete reinforcements such as Monopol 1 (1 600 rubles / 5 kg) Monolith-20M (1 200 rubles / 10l), Protex (3 600 rubles / 20 l) or Ashford Formula ($ 120/10 l).
Protecting the blind area of liquid glass
A solution of waterglass and cement - is a budget option protective composition (primer hydrophobing agent), which provides a similar result. A solution of liquid glass is prepared from a mixture of cement, water and water glass in a proportion (ratio) 1: 1: 1.
Enamel must meet certain parameters on frost resistance, vapor permeability, moisture resistance, environmental friendliness. Well-proven polyurethane enamel ELAKOR-PU (220 $ / kg).
Facing the blind area tiles, stone
On top of the blind area of concrete lay tile (ceramic, clinker, paving), pebbles or natural stone. In this case, the concrete acts as a binder solution.
- Near otmostki livnevki desirable to set that will divert the water drained and eliminate sedimentation area;
- to ensure even drying of the poured concrete, otmostku cover film. Thus, the evaporated moisture will linger on the surface. Since it is difficult to close the wide blind area film can be periodically moistened. Time until complete solidification with a thickness of 100 mm in the blind area is 1.5-2 weeks;
- after drying concrete blind area is removed. We should be careful, because Removing the blind area may cause damage to the edges of the blind area.
This order of work and consideration of all these nuances guarantees long full functioning of concrete blind area.
Repair of concrete blind area around the house with his own hands
The most common problems include:
The seal cracks in the blind area?
Removal depends on the depth of damage (cracks, crevices, gaps concrete):
- not more than 1 mm. "Self-healing" is used. Such a crack is not dangerous and is typically overwritten by friction during walking;
- no more than 3 mm. It involves the use of "cement paste". Shallow cracks can be repaired (pour) the liquid cement mortar (1 part cement and 1 part water);
- 3-30 mm. Such cracks are considered large. To remove them, it is possible to use a special type of sealant TEKTOR 103 mentioned above, ISOSEAL P-40. You can seal the crack with freshly prepared concrete solution. However, before this need to expand the crack. In the context it should resemble a cone. Across the area of the crack cause primer. Any suitable, e.g., Ceresit PT-17 (450-500 rub / 10 l). Next, the solution was poured. It is possible to use so-called gidroplombu, special solution based on cement, which hardens over 15 minutes. As an example putty Lugato 5-Minuten Mortel (410 rubles 5kg)
- crack depth that exceeds half the thickness otmostki, it's concrete division and refers to extensive damage. It can only be eliminated with the subsequent expansion of pouring new concrete.
Stratification of the blind area of the surface over the entire area
In the language of the masters, this process is called dusting concrete or delamination (separation). The reason for this phenomenon may be several factors. For example, uneven concrete hardening, happens when the concrete pour solution onto a cold surface (observed at the early spring) or make thicker blind area. The increased air content of the concrete mixture. Exceeding the rubble in the composition of the concrete.
What to do if a blind area of concrete crumbles?
If the process is just starting, the surface should be covered with "cement paste" or composition, which comprises waterglass (ratio: cement, water and water glass - 1: 1: 1).
If the damage reached significant proportions, the need to take drastic measures:
- determine the boundaries of the damage to prevent it from spreading;
- to cut down part of the concrete;
- edge otmostki primer coat;
- apply a new layer of mortar;
- cover with foil to dry completely.
If you run, you have to completely disassemble the blind area, and pour a new one. The above measures will help to extend the life of the blind area and save on alteration and reconstruction.
The cost of the device without blind area of concrete material
And the last thing that interests everyone who wants to order the construction of the blind area, it rates on blind area of concrete. If you entrust the work of the masters, the estimate must include labor charges, which are presented in the table (with sample data at the end of 2015)
In this case, keep in mind that to agree on a substantial discount, is unlikely to succeed. After all, this price does not include the cost of materials. To complete the picture, to check out the cost of materials for the manufacture of concrete blind area of 1 m.
Agree, a good incentive to make the blind area of concrete with their hands. Especially evident from the above instructions - this work requires no special tools, no special materials, only a desire to protect the foundation of the house as a reliable barrier.
Information project of building a house with his own hands. Full or partial copying of materials is only possible in agreement with the administrator
Blind area without error: how to make a blind area around the house
Blind area home - one of the most important aspects in the creation of a long and comfortable operation of the house. It creates a protection for the foundation and soil around the circumference of the moisture. After heavy rains or snows, or melting snow water may accumulate around the building. It may also drain from the roof. Moisture can destructively affect the top layer of the soil and reach the foundation. If this happens, the bearing capacity of the foundation seriously weaken. As a result, everything washes collapse structure.
When creating a gutter creating a blind area - it is obligatory. Drain the ground to create defenses against water falling from the roof, but no safeguard against precipitation.
It is extremely important to correctly build a blind area when you have arranged the foundation in shallow depths. Its sole is quite close to the surface, and the water is no problem to get to the very depth of its inception. Then the sole strength disappears, the sole will sink itself, and the foundation will lose its form and begin to break down.
It is necessary to create otmostku-furnished and deep foundations.
To create a strong durable otmostku need to correctly pick up the materials of high quality and strictly comply with the technological aspects of construction.
Blind area of the tile.
The main task of the blind area - protection of the foundation. And its width - the one option that should receive the maximum possible. Its recommended minimum value - 80 cm and the maximum digits -. It is a matter purely up to you. There are no standards. The desired width ensure absorption of moisture in the soil away from home.
Determining the width, it is necessary to consider another problem blind area - track along the perimeter. Blind area should ensure free movement on this path: no walking around sideways or close to the wall. Given this factor, the width should be set in the range of 100 - 250 cm.
Otmostka must be formed with an inclination. So water will drain away from the building wall. According to Soviet standards slope parameter is as follows: 5 - 10 cm to 100 cm width. That is, the edge of the blind area, which is 100 cm width, height reaches 5 - 10 cm from the wall structure. Another of its region to get on the same level with the ground. So goes the rather steep descent. It is optimal for quick and efficient drainage. But the movement of a blind area will be problematic. If the inclination angle reduced flow rate substantially falls, the water can generally accumulate at the surface. Although the movement of the blind area to get comfortable.
Assuming an ideal surface of the blind area (evenness, smoothness), and acceptable slope of 1 cm, however, such a surface will be difficult to move in the winter -. Very slippery.
If tasks activated material having a rough surface, the minimum value of inclination of - 1.5 - 2 cm.
To this problem is to approach very seriously. There are different options of materials for the blind area. The most popular is considered reinforced concrete.
In its application work is performed on such algorithm:
- Purification of the site for future construction.
- Reinforcing bars (minimum diameter - 6 mm) mesh is formed. Her cell are as follows:. 30 x 30 cm cells bind binding wire.
- Installing formwork. Are utilized for this board.
- Fill the formwork.
Before the creation of the blind area is preparing its base: on the perimeter of the structure on top of the blind area width of the precoat layer is removed -. approximately 13 cm at the walls basement depth should surpass said multiple parameter. Poured concrete mix should drain to the house, slightly compressing it. What else fasteners blind area to the structure is not required.
then, you can label border otmostki. Comes in the pegs. They are driven. Between them stretches the cord. The bottom of the trench is covered with a layer of sand 5 cm. Rely concrete on it.
If the working area of sandy soil, the application of sand can be omitted. On this layer are placed formwork, reinforcement cage should be pouring concrete. Reinforcing elements should totally focus in a concrete manner. To this end, the foundation slightly rises.
Concrete is created in such proportions:
Blind area of concrete.
If you intend to build a blind area of the ash - coal combustion results in the TPP, beware. The ash can be a source of radiation. And this is detrimental to the health of residents.
Typically, coal mining is carried out on Russian mines. There are very high levels of radiation. The power station radiation checks are not carried out. There is an important factor - coal zolistost. Therefore, by purchasing ash and having involved its construction activity, you run the risk of seriously impair your health. To reduce the risk, buy ash with a dosimeter. This device will calculate its radiation level.
Also in the category of radioactive materials listed cinder block. It is composed of the same number ash. Known cases of determining very high levels of radiation in the accommodation created from such blocks.
Very rarely increased radiation occurs in the foundation blocks and concrete slabs. The construction activity instead of cinder blocks, you can use blocks of sawdust. This option is completely clean in environmental terms.
Metal can also give radiation. This also applies to black and colored its varieties. Dangerous background is most often present in the remelted metal. Here Chaldeans echo of Chernobyl. Metals from this area were taken and melted a lot. And there is some chance that buying a metal product to the blind area, you get "element" of Chernobyl. When buying also proceed with a dosimeter.
Work on the coated otmostki
After solidification absolute concrete mix can be laid on it coating. Very often the coating is formed from shaped paving elements (FEMov), or of granite pavers.
The first differ in their quality and appearance. High quality variations are acid resistant bricks with parameters 12 x 25 x 5 cm. They excellently cope with loads of frequent movement and walking, as well as environmental conditions.
There is no standard FEMov required strength. This negatively affects the time of their life. It is a stretch to up to 5 years. Through this period of their original appearance completely lost. Such a coating must be at least 10 years.
Sett - perfect for coating. Her strength is high, the service life of decency, there is a rich color range. It can be used as a mosaic to form intricate patterns. Its main drawback is its huge cost.
The nuances of self-creation of the blind area around the house
In this paper, we should pay attention to the following nuances:
- Do not erect otmostku immediately after the construction of the cap. When backfilling is performed, the trench is filled with soil, previously fetched from it. That is, the course is black earth, clay, etc. To a certain extent there is any ground subsidence. He needs time to complete subsidence. If the blind area to build immediately, without waiting for this drawdown, in the case of penetration of moisture into the soil, it will sink, changing the shape of the blind area. And the cracks are formed on its surface. To avoid such a picture, backfill made from sand, water is easily overlooked. When you will pour properly and align, blind area can be created within 24 hours. Although it is best to start construction after the construction of the building shell or 8-12 months after work on the foundation.
- to cover do not use stoneware tiles. It has a smooth and slippery surface traumatic. In addition, she is very modest lifetime. After all, it fits right on a concrete plane that expands in the cold. And such coverage will soon burst.
For laying the material, apply a mixture of cement created buckets (grade M400), and 3-4 buckets of sand and 70 grams of detergent. The last component created to protect the composition from sagging.
There is a more economical version of the laying - on the sand. But the time of the coating in this situation will not last long. When moisture penetrates into the sand, the material prosyadet need it refolding or complete replacement.
More economical variant with similar characteristics - is laying the dry mixture. So nice surface appearance keep a little longer. Therefore, the optimal remains first proposed version.
As is known, the main task of the blind area - protective. But this design very desirable to defend against water, heading from the roof. It is necessary to make a qualitative drainage gutters in format. They will be arranged on a perimeter of the roof. Since water first will be in the trenches, on them will go into the tube drainage. She still would result in the blind area, but the height of its run-off will be reduced dramatically. And decrease the impact on the surface of the blind area.
According to the old standards, removing technology applied to buildings with a number of more than two floors. Now tap arrange any private homes.
Blind area will not prevent further insulate. Since the ground is less than the freeze in the cold. For such purposes in the concrete composition produce castling: instead of gravel - concrete block.
The final requirements of the blind area:
- The optimal width for an effective and comfortable walking Photo: 1-2 m.
- Optimum bias on the same criteria: 1.5 cm (one meter width).
- By providing a framework, it is necessary to dig a trench with a slight slope to the residential structure. Blind area must be firmly in contact with the house over the entire depth.
- The optimal and safe material - concrete. It ensures obtaining excellent results in terms of strength and durability.
- Optimal variant for coating - acid resistant brick - PEM. He laid on the concrete mix.
- No matter how much has not been found in elevated floors house, you need a quality drainage. He seriously increase the service life of the blind area.
Formulation Example otmostki with drainage.
Video Alexander Kvasha blind area to create their own hands, not only one of the most popular. The authors of the material is not cut off the opportunity of commenting, so the audience could actively criticize the presented material and parse error details.
How to build a house with his hands
What is the blind area of the basement and how to do it
After the construction of the foundation and the completion of the main building, there is an important stage in finishing foundation of the house - the installation of the blind area around the house. Typically, this step is not delayed for months and years, as the absence of such an important element can lead to gradual destruction of the foundation. So, let's look at why we need a blind area and how it do to not spend a lot of money and still get a great result.
What is the blind area of the foundation
Otmostki foundation called the strip of concrete or other material, located on the perimeter of the house with a slight slope from the base. The main purpose of this design - removal of rain and melt water from the foundation, its warming and amplification, partial compensation of soil movements. The blind area structure also includes drainage.
Usually its devices use conventional concrete, but lined with paving slabs or granite riprap will give the house aesthetically finished look around the house to be comfortable to walk.
Most often under the country houses is poured strip foundation - reinforced concrete strip, which rely bearing and internal walls. Since concrete is a porous material, it actively absorbs water. It is fraught with unpleasant consequences:
- It is put on the base wall and the fungus spreads rapidly to other design houses;
- After freezing and thawing of the tape can go cracks;
- by water rusts fittings.
That is, the foundation of the house loses its load-bearing capacity. And that's not all: the water through the capillaries rises, thus destroying the rest of the materials at home.
If, during construction of the foundation waterproofing is not performed, or materials from worn out time before flashing device otmostki cap. Sometimes this requires him to dig the entire height: melkozaglublenny foundation - within half a meter, buried - below the soil freezing (in the middle lane over one and a half meters).
If a basement is operated besides waterproofing desirable insulation cap. At high groundwater drainage needs of the foundation. For this ditch prepared for waterproofing a base and perform the blind area is laid perforated pipe sloping towards the sewer.
Before turning to the pavings varieties, talk about the basic rules of installation of such structures. Recommended rules construction width of the blind area is at least 20 centimeters from the projection of the eaves onto the ground. On average, the width is selected within 1 meter. The slope of the blind area of the base - up to 10 degrees, it is enough to divert water away from the foundation and for the convenience of walking.
band device method depends on the terrain, climatic conditions, the specifics of the soil, the type of foundation, the stylistic execution of home and landscape design. There are about 20 species. Consider the main types of pavings.
Budget option - otmostka of gravel (gravel)
This blind area has an advantage in price and ease of construction, but loses in performance and durability. This option is designed an average of 7 years of operation.
Otmostka of gravel can not provide a sufficient level of heat insulation of the foundation and adequate drainage, besides this, such a surface which is not moving. The only plus is just simplicity of installation and low cost.
Below is the procedure for blind area of gravel device:
- Dig a ditch to a depth of 20 cm, the perimeter encircling the socket.
- Sprinkle the bottom of a fat clay, compacted. The slope is better to provide at this stage.
- Lay waterproofing material - PVC film, roofing felt, thick polyethylene. waterproofing edge should be above the level of the base band future. If not enough material is increasing: the film can be glued overlapping another band mounting tape, an additional strip of roofing material - mastic asphalt.
- Since the outer edge is desirable to excavate another small ditch close edge waterproofing and fill gravel. Water will flow from the base of the clay surface and go through a drainage layer of gravel. One can derive an outer groove into storm sewers.
- Another method for drain device: instead of gravel pack into the small ditch cut along the plastic tube. These improvised chute preferably in the winter to heat an electric cable, since after a heavy snowfall during the thaw possible flooding area.
- Pour on the roofing / film coarse sand, then gravel. Compacted.
- You can leave a gravel otmostku as is or decorate the lawn grass.
Concrete blind area is more complicated than gravel or crushed stone base but it is more durable and better perform its functions. Concrete foundation completely removes all water from the basement of the foundation, but has the disadvantage of only that under strong mechanical action concrete can crumble and abrasions.
The following procedure describes how to fill the blind area of concrete:
- Clear round cap strip 0,7-1 meter width. It is recommended to perform counting and marking pegs cord.
- Remove the sod and about 25 cm of soil. The surface of the ram.
- Sometimes ditch shed herbicides to lift the vegetation did not destroy the concrete. In any case it is necessary to uproot the roots.
- Set on the outer edge of the ditch formwork boards.
- With about 3 meters across the pitch to set inside the formwork rail, coated with bitumen. We get the joints in the blind area, which will protect the concrete from cracking tape.
- To lay on the bottom of extruded polystyrene or pour sand-gravel bed-bed 10 cm. The sand compaction shed water pillow ram.
- Place the waterproof film, smooth.
- Produce the reinforcement of the blind area. To do this, lay on the bottom of a mesh with a cell at least 8 cm. 1-1,2 cm thickness bars. If the cap needs to be strengthened, in the wall Grooves selected and placed back rods to the reinforcement bound with a new old design.
- Prepare a mixture of cement M200 minimum (best M500) Gravel sand in a ratio of 1 (cement): 4: 4. Dilute with water to a thick consistency.
- Pour two thirds of the formwork height, preferably several layers. Previous leveled layer rule or rack, pierce the rebars to drive away the air. Give grips, pour the next layer. The total thickness of concrete is about 8 cm.
- While the solution did not have time to harden, the top tape is sprinkled with cement for durability improvement.
- Cover the surface of the concrete with polyethylene to bad weather strip is not eroded by rain, but in the heat, dehydration does not occur immediately when the concrete is grasped quickly, it loses strength and eventually crack.
- Until the complete solidification of the tape should be regularly sprayed with water (in heat several times a day).
- After solidification of the blind area (about three days), the formwork is removed.
It is seen from the instructions that blind area of concrete cake consists generally of a layer of sand cushion layer of insulation and reinforced concrete layer. The thickness of such a blind area is not less than 25-30 centimeters. This is sufficient to prevent freezing of the foundation.
Other popular materials for the blind area of the basement
In addition to concrete rubble and the outer surface of the blind area can be made of other materials. Versions of the same blind areas are listed below:
- Otmostka stone (granite, etc.). Such a foundation can last for centuries, although there are some drawbacks concerning the very high cost of stone and insufficient heat resistance;
- Blind area average value of the cobblestones. Much cheaper than its predecessor, but still there are questions on the thermal conductivity and waterproofing;
- Blind area of asphalt. Blind area of the asphalt sufficiently accessible and universal, as is excellent protection against moisture, is acceptable to walk through it, but it is not sufficiently environmentally friendly and does not have the most attractive appearance;
- Blind area of paving tiles or pavers. This blind area, along with concrete, provides excellent protection from moisture basement and much more resistant to mechanical stress with proper installation;
Strips of materials such as gravel, stone, paving slabs are ideal for columnar foundations, for example, for the foundation bored with monolithic grillage. This blind area will take most of the moisture from the piles and do not require a large budget for construction.
Finally, we offer a clear view video on how to make their own hands a concrete blind area around the house.