- 1 Arch with their own hands: step by step instructions (drywall), 3 ways
- 2 How to make the arch instead of a door - options and instructions for the construction of plasterboard
- 2.1 What are the arch can be installed in the apartment ↑
- 2.2 From which to build a design doorway with his hands ↑
- 2.3 Step by step instructions for self-assembly ↑
- 2.4 Decoration design and design techniques ↑
- 3 How to make the arch: all the subtleties of the process
Arch with their own hands: step by step instructions (drywall), 3 ways
One way to increase the living space - to remove the door. But it does not always have the opportunity or the desire to destroy the wall. Then the former doorway shaped in the form of an arch. Another usage of arched openings - split a long corridor into zones, breaking too simple geometry. When repairs on their own often do arch made of plasterboard: with their hands to make them easier.
Interior doors or corridor arch may have different shapes. They differ mainly in the form of the top and sometimes - means connected to the vertical portions. Their main species are represented in the photo.
Types of arches and interior corridor
This group is not one of the most popular in recent years - poluarka. They have rounded a corner on one side only, with the other he is straight. Hence the name - poluarka. She looks good in modern intrerah: minimalism, hi-tech, can be - in an art-deco style.
One of the options in the interior poluarki
Classical differs correct form the top. This is strictly a semicircle whose radius is equal to half the width of the door opening. This view looks good when the opening height of at least 2.5 m. Good fit in any room, but it is best looked at in a long corridor, or in lieu of the front door in the kitchen.
required height of at least 2.5 m for the classical arch
Arched doorway in "Modern" style differs a small radius of curvature and the sharp transition at the junction with the vertical gap is. It looks good, if the walls and ceiling are more or less simple design. Looks great on the former site of the balcony door, is good when entering the room.
Arch in the Art Nouveau style on the former site of the balcony door
Arch style "Romance" is a rather simple rounded corners (mainly craftsmen and so it is called). It looks good with a large width and the greatest height.
Shape "romance" is good for a large width and a small height
Shape "ellipse", "very close to the" romance. " It differs only in the greater curvature of the middle part. Also suitable for low and wide openings. It looks just a little softer.
Suitable for a large opening width and is not very great height
Trapeze - non-standard design, consisting of polylines. Heavily played up in the interior, because is not often used: for some non-standard designs.
One of the design options - Keystone
Very similar to a normal opening, but it is in fact it is, but without the door leaf. For greater originality is often accompanied by carved wooden elements in the form of columns on each side. As such, good for classic interiors, as well as ethno-style - Greek or Roman, depending on the type of column.
Portal with a frame made of wood
For decoration in contemporary style using a different note - next to the main arch, a smaller portals. This technique allows us to "beat" a simple form.
Another version of the "portal" arch
Before proceeding to the manufacture of the arch, you need to define its parameters. select the type and then Options: where it will start and what is the radius of curvature. It can be really sharp bend, and can only be a rounding of corners.
Rounded corners in standard doorways look better than the steep arched curves
To understand how the form you prefer to watch, you can cut a template out of cardboard and tape it to the door. To assess the effect. If all you are satisfied, it is possible for this pattern to make the preform. But only one - for one of the sides of the opening. The second should be done at the place, not to get crooked.
Step by step instructions with photos: the fastest way
Arch made of plasterboard with their hands doing a variety of ways. This takes a minimum amount of time. Having defined the form of attempting to install. On opening prepared - cleaned of flaking plaster and relatively balanced, the size of the future arch fasten frame. It is made from a profile for plasterboard or dry piece of wood of suitable size. Sometimes, if the wall is narrow, you can only choose wood.
According to the selected size bolted frame profile
To begin, cut out a rectangle the size of drywall arches future, find his middle note and then temporarily fasten into place. Back down from the edge of 12.5 mm - thick sheet of drywall. If the adjacent walls plastered already, add a couple of millimeters in the plaster - to be able to align the surface.
Screw the drywall in place
Now, take a piece of profile or hard corners, from one edge postpone half width of an aperture. At this point in the corner to make the holes, insert cloves into it. This marked a nail stuck in the earlier middle of the doorway on the sheet. It turns out a kind of compass with which to easily draw a perfect line.
Means for delineating an arc
By changing the mounting height can be obtained more or less high arch. If you need a flatter curve, increase the length of the "circle".
By means of tracing the corner arc
After removing the sheet with the planned contour arc cut. It is possible to make a special sawing plasterboard, metal saw - fine tooth for a smoother edge, jigsaw (will be a lot of dust). If the cut was not very smooth, it align with the help of fixed grated sandpaper. This device achieve a perfectly flat form we need a curve. Carved arches piece - side wall - again fasten into place.
The cut fragment anchoring
If all is equal, no bias or irregularities not, on the other side of the opening attach a sheet of drywall is a few steps before - a rectangle or square - depending on the form. It must be fixed vertically. Now transfer the shape of the arch to it. Take the square, right angles and one side is pressed against the drywall, which transfer the arch, the second party - to the body. Putting perpendicular angle, note the pencil point. These points do across the arc. The more often they will be made, the easier it will be to draw a line and more accurately match - less have to grind.
We transfer arch shape to another sheet of drywall
Why is it so difficult, and not just make a copy of the first sheet? Because there is little openings which are symmetrical. As a result, set the second sheet so that the lines coincide arch very problematic.
Noting all the points, we remove the sheet, draw a line, Scrollsaw on it. Mount in its place. Now again take a trowel with sandpaper and now leveled both edges to complete coincidence. One point - the ironing board should be wider opening to a single pass captured both arches wall.
Equaled both walls simultaneously
We measure the arc length, cut a piece of the profile of the same length, making incisions on the walls every 3-4 cm. This tape will need to fasten the arch along the arch of the one and the other.
How to cut a profile for arches
Is attached to the screws, gently pressing and holding the profile of its bar, not his fingers to get the screws on the fingers elementary. By the way, with the cut profile is necessary to work with gloves. If no - hands slice the exact.
Fasten notched profile, simultaneously giving it the shape of an arch
By the way, back in the profile can be set on the edge - it's easier to work, and the joint then still have to close up. Similarly, the strip is screwed to the other side.
This view from below - on the sides attached Profile
There is a second way of mounting profile - to put him to quickly grasp the universal glue, such as liquid nails. This method is acceptable, if a small opening width. With large thickness of the arch, the adhesive can not withstand the weight of gypsum board that will be secured from below.
The next step - fasten jumper. First be lost depth arch subtracted from 1-1.5 cm. This will be the length of the jumper. Cut pieces of the profile of this length.
The jumpers are cut from the same profile
In places jumpers mounting cut off "petals", is established and secured prepared fragment. It must not rest against the wall, is located at a distance of 5 mm from the back. Jumpers need to design turned tighter or she "walks" when pressed.
Further plasterboard be cut rectangle that will cover the design below. Its width is determined by a - from the outer edge of a single sheet of plasterboard to the outer edge of the second sheet. Measured length flexible strap (sartorius) with a tape or assistant. This sheet is fastened with screws to the frame arch. Sheet accounts bend, and how to do this, see below - towards the end of the article.
We attach the strip to the arch giposkartona
Next were finishing work: on an angle fastened special corner all puttied on the conventional technology, first start the joints and corners, then finish.
The arched opening plasterboard: second method (photos)
This method is good if the thickness of the walls is small: try to attach the profiles if the gap between a few centimeters, and even then to fix the bridge. It begins as: cut first arch wall, secured and transferred to the second sheet.
At first, too, cut the sidewall
After the width of the gap between two sheets of cut wooden perekladinki, which are mounted along the edge of the arch on the screws.
Insert the cut width of the opening wooden blocks
Cut a strip of drywall is attached, since one of the parties. To make it more convenient, you can lock the clamps, the benefit of a small thickness of the partition. When mounting strip can be guided on the screws which fasten the bars. So what exactly will get the shot off.
By means of the strip can be fixed clamps
Then it remains only to fix a special corner of the perforated area and raze irregularities.
By arch arch attached Area, all puttied
Caulking can hide all the flaws
Dub dried plaster of the arch is also convenient to the entire plane of sandpaper attached to a grater. Unfortunate that while the dust pours into the eyes, so it is almost impossible to work without glasses.
Arch made of plasterboard with their hands ready
How to make the arch instead of a door: a third method - type-setting machines
Another way to make an arch made of plasterboard with their hands - typesetting. Body divided into segments and assembled from pieces that create close to the desired curvature.
Arch collected from the plates, cut plasterboard
Attach them to the filler, diluted with a mixture of PVA and water. Dries a batch quickly, because first cut into the plate and try on. You can lay down on a table, only a set of turn upside down, but how true is collected to evaluate the plate will allow.
View of the doorway arch side
The plates were then begin to attach to the opening for enhancing reliability periodically screws. Under the head enclose washers - not to push the cardboard. Remove excess putty immediately. If the grab, tear unreal. The finished surface are primed to improve adhesion (adhesion), and then shpaklyuyut aligning arch. To make it easier to display, you can use the template attached on both sides.
Zashpaklevanaya arch looks
Making this technology tight bends is not easy, and for the rounded corners and poluarok - a great way to do without profiles.
One important detail: standard plasterboard wall bends badly. For curved surfaces specially invented thin - 6 and 6 mm thickness. That a bent portion is easier to make out of it. With such a small curvature of the thin sheet may bend easily and contrivances. If a thin GVL has no desire to buy, there are two ways to bend the standard.
First - take the needle roller and well-cut segment is rolled from one side. I need to roll with the effort to break up the cast. Then a sheet wet with water and leave it for two or three hours. After these procedures, it must be nice to bend. Take fix it with one hand, and gradually pressed to the frame arches, bending, screwing screws gradually at the edges. The method is quite good, only the lack of experience and lack of treatment of gypsum sheet may burst. And then have to mask the slot, or start all over again.
Roller with needles rolled strip
Second way to bend drywall:. on the one hand to make incisions with a knife about every 4-5 cm incisions should cut the paper. This band is also gradually fastened, breaking the plaster as necessary. He cut lines bursting with light pressure.
Notches on the one hand make it easy to break the plaster
How to make the arch instead of a door - options and instructions for the construction of plasterboard
Often the passage of interior in the apartment does not close the door and leave open. This allows you to elegantly combine the space and make the room more elegant interior design. To do this, you can buy ready-made design of composing elements or with their hands cut individual parts and then assemble everything in the doorway. But how to make yourself an arch to make it look smooth and beautiful? After all materials and technologies for the installation of a lot, we must choose wisely.
What are the arch can be installed in the apartment ↑
Mounting of arch structure on the site of an interior door can be done without the involvement of professional builders. We only need to choose the form of arches and materials for their production. Following the step by step instructions below will help avoid mistakes and to make an arch with their hands.
Design features and significant differences ↑
In the construction of arched structures - a support for the upstream elements of walls and buildings. But in apartments doorways in the corridor between the rooms are not load-bearing. In the first case, the materials of construction are chosen based on the major external loads, and in the second they have to withstand only your weight, coupled with the finish.
Apartment door arch, installed instead of the door, is an element of interior design. Its frame can be made of a lightweight profile for GCR or section bars of 20-30 mm. This design seamlessly support the weight of finishing materials. It is only necessary to firmly fix on the walls, to the decor in a couple of weeks is not warped and does not fall off.
Reference! In private houses and city apartments open door arch between the rooms has a purely decorative function. Carrying the load in this case assigned to the concrete walls either side of the bridge opening.
Form arched openings and opportunities ↑
Device options interior arches in the form, there are many:
The first option is at the top of the correct form of a semicircle, and the last for the entire height is performed with strict rectangular outlines. Others are intermediate between the two versions. But there are other variations on the one side "support" or two curved racks.
The shape of the door arch and its clearance under the chosen style of the room design. This takes into account the ceiling height, the size of the aperture and features rooms on either side. Some homes will look perfect classical forms with the correct bend in a semicircle, and in others - rectangular portal. It's more a matter of taste of the hosts and the overall style of interior decor. Some do prefer the conical contours.
- Classical variant is recommended to select only at high ceilings in the area of 3 meters and above.
- In typical panel high-rise buildings entrance to the kitchen to make out better arch "modern".
- For wide doorways from the room into the hallway more suitable for "romantic" with big wide racks.
- Rectangular "portal" looks best in the interior, where the decoration is dominated by clear horizontal and vertical lines. Such an alternative design of the door opening is ideal for houses of timber or logs. In this house it will look rectangular corners and elegantly as possible to the topic.
From which to build a design doorway with his hands ↑
To quickly make an arch in the doorway of the apartment is enough to purchase a set of stacked elements made from plastic or laminated wood chip timber. They must be cut to the desired height and then fixed to the ground laid for instructions. But these options are standard and are quite expensive. Plus - not to each doorway will pick up a ready-made model with the correct dimensions.
For the manufacture of panels arched pillars and arches will need one of the following materials:
Tip! For covering the frame is better to choose plasterboard. GCR can be finished in further large number of different materials. However, thin plywood is much easier to bend.
Frame for interior arches can be made:
- metal profile;
- wooden bars of 20x20 and 30x30 mm.
Also make the arch instead of a door can be made of concrete, brick or concrete blocks, and only then they ennoble one way or another finishing material. But these options are more for fans of solidity and solidity. Plus they weigh a lot, in the apartments of the old apartment buildings that either of them can build.
The use of metal is limited not only by its weight but also high cost. Production of metal structures of complex shape at home - this is a very poor-selling project on practice. Own their own hands the easiest way to work with drywall and the profile for it.
Step by step instructions for self-assembly ↑
The following photos and recommendations will allow even the novice webmaster to cope with the ennoblement of the doorway. To do this, you must first create a frame, and then sheathing it and decorate. All you can do with your hands, we just have to do consistently, and without errors.
- At first dismantled the existing leaf and frame door (if there is one, and stands on the site).
- Next, the expansion of the opening under the planned size.
- Cut plaster wall under the frame is not necessary, they will still be closed casing. Enough of them to trim and remove anything that might fall off (plaster, concrete pieces, bricks falling out). Important to the carrier profile can be fixed securely in the upright position without tilting.
- If the design is planned with backlight, it is necessary to bring the wiring in advance.
- Measurements are always made at several points of the opening, so as not to miscalculate a size.
- If the walls are uneven, the thickness of the legs (deep arches) is chosen by the very thickest point.
- To simplify the layout and cutting of sheet material for covering the arched frame, you must make a template out of cardboard in full size. This will avoid errors and pre-view will look like lines formed structure.
The important point! The upper part of the arch takes in the door opening height of about 10-15 cm. From it to the ceiling must be at least 20 cm. In the calculations, and the markup, these figures need to be taken into consideration.
- To make the frame for the arch, you must first create a profile on the perimeter of the opening main circuit with fixing it to the wall.
- Then it will be assigned to the upper curved detail frame system. Sometimes it is only a curved element from the top, but this is only possible with perfectly smooth slopes.
- Vertical guides mounted in the doorway is indented from the plane of the indoor wall thickness on sheet 2 mm plasterboard plus the subsequent plaster on top of it.
- After plastering should get a uniform smooth surface.
- On each side of and above the arch created you will need to fix two such profile parallel to each other.
Tip! If the walls are made of wood, for the mounting guide screws enough, but in the case of concrete or brickwork required dowel screws. Step between the fasteners should not exceed 30 cm.
- For the formation of a semicircle arch top incisions are made in the profile of the side walls 5-7 cm. As a result of this manipulation it is easy to bend in the desired geometry. You need to make a pair of bent pieces on each loop guides.
If the arch columns are made small thickness, the two arcs can be easily replaced by a broad profile. All manipulations of cutting and bending in this case are made in a similar way. However, installation is transverse to be no longer needed. When used in conjunction Profile wooden beams frame for the arch is made of similar technology. Changing only the starting material supporting structure.
After completion of the arch frame assembly can only be mounted on it GCR or wood board. To impart the desired shape plywood or fiberboard have their pre-moisten fix on the template and steamed hot iron.
Ideally you should use a special drywall arch reinforced on both sides of the non-woven glass tissue. It is enough to stretch in the longitudinal direction and give the necessary form.
Bend conventional gypsum board in two ways: wet and dry.
- Wet technique involves soaking the back of the GCR water and gradually bending it to the desired shape of the template with fixing it. This process is lengthy, time pressures can lead to rupture of the cardboard sheet layer. A set item is obtained and secured with screws on the arch frame is possible only after complete drying of the gypsum.
Tip! Accelerate GCR humidification process to impart elasticity thereto is possible using a needle roller.
- The dry method involves applying to one side of the sheet parallel cuts which affect gypsum cardboard and the upper outer layer. But the front paperboard layer thus remains intact. Bending obtained smooth and regular shape.
Cutting of sheet material is best to do jigsaw. When using a hacksaw cutting edge are obtained clearly less smooth. sheathing fastening screws is performed in increments of 5-6 cm. After fixing it is done sanding the edges of the drywall and plywood sheets. And then on the curved edge to protect it from the chips attached special plastic corner with perforation.
Putty for a perfect surface leveling ↑
The next stage of the arch trim plasterboard - is a primer and putty. After the first application, wait until it dries. A second reinforcement layer applied fiberglass mesh. Angles also strengthen and align with the help of a grid.
Next, a third finishing layer is applied. Solidified through 10-2 hours filler is subjected to polishing with sand paper to remove excess, to make the surface as smooth as possible. No protruding screws caps or dents on it should remain.
Decoration design and design techniques ↑
Finalize the archway in the apartment with his hands and make her beautiful, you can:
- stained in the color of the walls;
- trim a tree or plastic panels;
- wallpapering or veneer;
- finish with decorative stone on the basis of plaster;
- decorated with mosaics and mirrors;
- decoration using moldings or finished columns.
Materials in finishing a connecting arch used both natural and artificial. The choice here depends on the overall design ideas for interior design of the apartment. To process the doorway you can use polyurethane moldings, and even textiles. All variants are acceptable, as long as they are in harmony with the surrounding decor.
Original and stylish look of clinker columns framing or ornamental stone. Autograph installation will take time and diligence, but the result is sure to please the master. The uniqueness of the apartment at a similar fashion decoration guaranteed.
Finish natural wood arches bring into the house solidity and grace, and invented by the masters of mosaic pattern - a unique decor. The main thing is not to overdo it with the design, making design tasteless conglomeration of elements of different styles. All the details of the interior should be in harmony with each other and complement each other.
Often, conventional painting in white or brown color is enough to complete the look, making an arch with their hands beautiful and elegant. However, some built-in backlight requires additional decorative elements according to the selected style apartment. Time to finish arched openings will take longer, but it's worth it.
Self-install and place of interior arch instead of the door easy. To work enough to have in the house scissors, metal, screwdriver and a hacksaw. But if the experience of handling these instruments is not, it is better to trust in the professional installers.
How to make the arch: all the subtleties of the process
Today we will give you practical advice on how to make an arch with their hands and analyze the whole process "on the shelves". It will focus on the arch in the doorway, which is made instead of a door between the rooms.
Recently arches have become very popular. They give elegance to any room, as well as save space in small apartments, which take away the door leaves during opening and closing. Make them in the kitchen, in the corridors, between the living rooms.
To start you with the steps that need to go through when installing arch in an apartment or house (see arch with their hands.)
- Making the measurements of the doorway and calculate the size and shape of the future arch.
- We are preparing the necessary building materials to create the arch.
- Cut face of the arch.
- Make a frame from the profile, or wood.
- Attach facial arched elements.
- Cut the lower part of the arch, and fasten it.
- We produce finishing work: fasten the arched area with a perforation and produce putty entire surface of the arch.
So, let's see how to make their own arch. Let's start with the fact that we perform our measurements of the doorway. We need to know the width and height from the floor.
Need to know! In the manufacture of the arch, keep in mind that it will reduce the height of the opening of about 10-15 centimeters. If the initial height of less than two meters, then you may have to give up his idea. In this case it is possible to frame doorway decorative articles foam.
- The width of the arch must be equal to the distance between opposite inner walls of the opening.
- We measure it and divide in half. The resulting number is useful to us for making a smooth semicircle.
- Before you make of interior arch is necessary to define its shape.
- We consider the process of production of the classic semi-circular design of the drywall.
- Particular attention should be paid to the fact that the walls were strictly vertical. Otherwise made arch will look awkward.
- If necessary, align the inner surface of the opening or filler plaster beacons.
Materials for the manufacture of arch
Below is a list of necessary materials for the self-production of gypsum archways:
- The guide profile 27 × 28 mm.
- The rack profile 60 × 27 mm.
- Plug with screw 6 × 60 mm frame profile fastener. Dowels are only needed if the wall opening are made of brick, concrete or plaster.
- If the walls of wood, the profile can be attached to wood screws 3.5 × 55 mm.
- Plasterboard, 9.5 mm thick.
- Screws for fastening the FCL - 3,5 × 25 mm.
- Screws with a press washer 4,2 × 13 mm.
- Needle roller for bending sheets of drywall.
- Arched area with a perforation.
- Plaster on plasterboard. For example, latex.
One of the most important tasks in the issue of how to make the arch - a tenderloin "face" of the arch. The task is complicated by the fact that you need two pieces are exactly alike. It does not matter of you doing your hardboard arch of plywood or drywall.
marking and cutting principle is the same for any finishing material.
There are two methods of manufacturing a smooth semi-circle:
- With the help of improvised means. In this case, we propose to use what is usually found in each house: the taut rope that does not stretch and a simple pencil.
- Firstly tie a rope to a pencil.
- Next you need to mark the middle of our circle. That is its radius. To do this, we remember the number that we calculated when measuring the width of the doorway. If you do not remember, read above.
- For example, the opening width of 1 meter. Then the radius of our circle will be equal to 50 centimeters.
- Measured from one sheet edge (where there will be the top of the arch of the opening) of 60-65 cm and a conducting line. There figures are taken at the rate of 50 + 10 (15) = 60 (65). 10-15 centimeters - a length from the top of the opening points to the top of the arch future. it is not recommended to do it at least 10 centimeters.
- Now we need to cut plasterboard sheet according to the door opening width. It is in this example equal to 100 cm.
- Further we note on the line drawn before the middle, i.e. 50 cm from each edge. This will be our starting point for tracing a semi-circle.
- Take a pencil with a rope, measured 0.5 m and a length of rope from the last mark delineated semicircle. That is, we fashioned a homemade compass. If all the steps have been performed correctly, then you should get a smooth semicircle.
- Now office knife with a retractable blade or jigsaw Scrollsaw semicircle on the markup. That is, should get a rectangle with a semicircular cut. Its width is 100 cm, and height - 60 (65) cm. Moreover, at the narrowest point of the height you should be 10 (15) cm.
- Before you make a beautiful arch of the second method, you need to get something long and flexible.
For example, soft PVC panel or plinth. It is this sub-item will help you quickly outline a semicircle on the gypsum boards.
- First cut rectangle 100 × 60 (65) cm. Then, from each of the edges measured from the 50 cm and draw two lines.
- Where the lines came together, we put a point.
- We take our support tool and bend the two sides of our opening width. That is, in the end we get a semicircle. In this case, the most convex part of it should be flush with the marked point of contact, and the edges converge to the edges of the bottom of our rectangle.
- We outline the resulting arc and cut it out.
Need to know! If you choose to use the second method, how to make a door arch, then advance to invite the assistant. One will be hard to make an accurate counting.
Make a basic framework for arches
Now we come to the question of how to make a frame for the arch. For this we need the metal profile, which we have prepared in advance. The main frame is made of rails 27 * 28.
So, here are step by step instructions:
- Measure out two guides doorway width (in our example - 1000 mm). They will be attached to each of the sides of the opening parallel to each other.
- Fasten them using dowels, screws (concrete or brick surface) or self-tapping screws for wood (wood wall).
Need to know! In order to ensure that your arch is flush with the rest of the wall, the frame is attached a little deeper into the opening 11-12 mm. That is, after fixing plasterboard 9.5 mm and 1.5-2.5 mm putty coating surface is equalized.
- Now we need to consolidate the two sides of the frame on each side. Their length for this example is equal to 600-650 mm. The only thing to do - cut off at an angle of the lowest part of profilya.Tak as the arch is to narrow at the bottom and part of the profile will be visible if you do not.
The main part of the frame is ready and we can now strengthen her facial prepared arched elements with self-tapping screws for metal 3.5 * 25.
If you have a question, how to make a beautiful arch original form, then you just have to mount a more sophisticated framework for it. Here it is all depends on the configuration of each individual design.
Finish the installation of the main arch of hectoliters
At this stage, our school will teach you to bend repair drywall and make the curved design of the guide profile. It remains to cover the bottom (end) of our arch.
To do this, perform the following steps:
- First, you need to make a frame on which is mounted a curved strip. Do we will profile 27 × 28.
- We will need scissors for metal. Preferably with a spring mechanism, which he throws back the handle after cutting.
- In order to give the profile of arcuate shape, we will cut. And two of his side of the three.
Need to know! The steeper the bend, the more incisions are made in the profile.
- It should strengthen the resulting structure. To do this, the cross and to insert them into our serpentine frame. Sleepers made of strut profile 60
× 27 mm. Fasten them with short self-tapping screws to press the puck.
Now we need to cut a piece of drywall width equal to the thickness of the walls of the opening. If it's interior walls, the walls of the small size. But if you decide to make an arch in the supporting wall, and the sheet sufficiently known.
Need to know! The length of the strip is best to do a bit more than you need. Better then cut off the excess.
Next, we need to bend a plaster strip.
- Moisten a sponge one side of our band with water.
- Pass it spiked roller. Not much we press on it.
- Leans obliquely to the strip support (E.g., a wall).
- After the sheet itself begins to sag, take it gently and fasten to the frame.
Make an arch with their hands: video
Finishing work on the production of arches
We decided the question of how to make the house arch and now it remains only to bring to mind. In order to give our designs a more regular shape and hide small "schools", fastened around the curve of the arched area with a perforation.
After that, the surface of the deep penetration gruntuem composition. We are waiting for 30-40 minutes until it is completely dry. Thereafter arch can putty, paint or wallpaper (see. As wallpaper pasted arch).
Just to highlight the shape and protect the corners can be glued decorative arched corners on each side of the opening. And how to make a wooden arch? Very simple. It is necessary to go through all the same steps. Only instead of plasterboard use plywood, particle board, and for the curved bottom of the best to take a piece of fiberboard.
You can buy ready-made arch made of MDF. It certainly looks nice but keep in mind that under it will need to adjust itself doorway. And it is not always convenient. We hope that our tips on how to make yourself an arch is useful to you, and you will be able to create a masterpiece at home.
Then we do the arch with their hands for the other side of the opening, with all repeating steps 5 to 8 in the same sequence.