- 1 As linoleum dock with each other with their hands
- 2 Secrets cold weld joints linoleum
- 3 How to dock linoleum
As linoleum dock with each other with their hands
Linoleum - it is always sought-after flooring. This is because it is easy to lay, it is reliable, and the variety of sizes allows you to get the coverage that has no seams. However, there are cases where the coating is made of two or more pieces of linoleum and their joints are obtained visible. Consider how to dock the linoleum with his hands so that the joints are almost invisible.
Linoleum as a floor covering is used for a long time. In 1860, Frederick Walton received a patent on the technology of its production. And nowadays this material is one of the most common and used for finishing the floor.
Avoid problems when joining pieces of linoleum can, if well thought out everything, buy a quality tool and patience. Lay linoleum is easy, however, as everywhere there are some nuances, to be aware of.
The quality of the weld depends directly on the cutting material correctly performed.
This requires tools such as:
- sharp knife having a straight blade;
- metal ruler;
After preparation of a desired tool, start to work on the cutting material. The first panel of linoleum should be already bed. If it bed ordinary method without using glue or tape, the edges of the material must be secured by means of double-sided tape. This must be done to be done when trimming it did not move.
Then, complete the following tasks:
- Next linoleum sheet is placed so that its end extends into the first sheet to 5-6 cm and fixed to the floor with adhesive tape. Fabrics should be laid so that the patterns on both parts fit together. It must be done without fail, even if more material is wasted. Otherwise, the pattern on the linoleum will give the abutment.
- There pencil slit simultaneously place two sheets. If the coating streaks, it is better to cut them.
- Using a ruler and the knife cut just two sheets.
- Trimmed pieces should be removed.
If the linoleum is spread on a concrete foundation, it is necessary for cutting a junction something to enclose, in order not to spoil the knife. Use can strip unnecessary linoleum or plywood.
The result is a perfectly smooth seam. At this trimming material is completed. Many do nothing else or fix butt double sided tape.
However, the article describes how to join the linoleum between themselves correctly, so below we will focus on welding linoleum. The main methods are hot and cold welding.
Cold welding pieces of linoleum
Cold embedding method is a seam with glue linoleum.
For the work necessary to prepare such tools:
- trowel for applying adhesive;
- tool for rolling (roller presser board or linoleum);
- Adhesive for linoleum;
- adhesive seam with a nozzle in the form of needles;
- masking tape.
Where will the seam edge of the linoleum to be glued to the base floor. To do this, at the junction of the cloth need to turn away so as to obtain an opening of about 20 cm in width. On the basis of application of the adhesive for linoleum, it should be done spatula. The pieces fit into place. This is followed by a very well-rolled seam roller.
When the material is adhered to the floor base, you can then proceed to bonding webs.
Guide how to dock linoleum by this method:
- On top of the glued joint tape, then it is cut along the seam.
- Take the glue with a nozzle-needle and the needle is put into the joint.
- Extruded adhesive so that an adhesive tape formed on a spot size of about 3 mm, and the tube is carried along the seam.
- After the tape is removed.
- When the glue hardens, the seam should be carefully clean knife.
Adhesive tape for linoleum should be very good to stick to the glue was under him. Clay should not fall on the surface of the material, otherwise it will be ruined.
Hot method linoleum compound
Hot welding docks commercial linoleum. With this method the seam is very clearly visible, but at the same time it is neat and sturdy. This method is used exclusively experts, since it is necessary to have a special expensive tools.
The method is as follows: under the action of a special burner filler cord PVC melts, thereby filling the joint (more: "How to connect to each other properly linoleum"). All the work is performed at a temperature of 350-400 ° C. Thus cord linoleum and become soft and further rolled pinch roller. After hardening the cord cut off the excess with a chisel or a knife with a blade arched.
The material must be well glued only in this case it is possible to make such a seam. Before you fill the seam cord should be cut a V-shaped groove, and clean it well.
The docking of different kinds of material
In some cases, there is a question, you close the seam linoleum and other coating. For this there are many different thresholds (battens). They can also be used to close the joints linoleum between rooms.
They are available in the following types:
- L-shaped - designed to cut significant differences;
- Curved - perfectly press down the various surfaces of the joints;
- flat - suited for the surfaces of the same level.
They are also divided according to the installation method:
Sills are supplied complete with fasteners.
Installing the whole thresholds according to the following scheme:
- Measure the length of the joint, and cut the required size of the nut.
- The nut is applied to the junction and through the existing holes on the floor put the mark.
- Then the nut is removed and labels using the gun drilled holes for plastic plugs, in a set with doorsteps often supplied dowels 6 mm diameter.
- Plugs are driven into the holes, then fit the nut and is fixed with screws.
Sills with concealed installation set as follows:
- Measure the length of the seam and cut the desired size nut.
- seam in the middle of a straight line is drawn, and is celebrated every 15-20 cm.
- In accordance with labels perforator drilled dowel holes nails.
- On the reverse side of the nut has a guide groove into which are inserted dowels, nails. They move, and are inserted into the holes made.
- Carefully nailed nut. It is necessary to use a rubber mallet.
Movable constitute fastening bar and the actual nut. Installation of the fastening strap is made in the same manner as the whole nut, the nut is then latched onto the bar.
The easiest way to set the adhesive sills. They allow you to save time on weld embedding. Done as follows: cut the required size of the nut, the protective layer is removed, it is applied to the desired position and pressed well.
Sills have one major drawback - the high cost. Therefore, most often they are used in coatings of different levels.
Consider how to make a joint linoleum and tiles, located on the same level.
- Linoleum is placed so that the edge of the sign on the tiles.
- On the edge of the tile with a knife carefully cut the material.
- Next, the linoleum to be glued to the base of the floor and carefully roll the roller.
- Take the sealant of the same pitch as tile joints, and the joint is traversed. See also: "How to make a joint tile and linoleum, and that for this use."
Ways how to seal the joints of linoleum, there are many. The choice of method depends on the person's preferences. We can say with certainty that to do it all yourself is possible.
Previously, linoleum on the floor nailed. Now there are many methods. Therefore it is very important to become familiar with all of that in the future there was no regrets about what could be done differently.
The article discussed how to join linoleum in different ways.
Secrets cold weld joints linoleum
The abundance of finishing materials, including flooring, provides ample opportunity for the registration of apartments in the right way. When it comes to new construction or major repairs of the premises, you can use any surface finish, because it is possible to properly prepare the subfloor for its installation.
If the cosmetic repair of old floors reveal rarely, only in the case of large defects that can not be eliminated by other means. And here is where the linoleum is widely used for refreshing environment. This flooring has a number of advantages, which are responsible for a wide demand for it.
The main advantages:
- low cost;
- big choice;
- opportunities matching the width of linoleum, which is important for high-quality paving;
- quick and easy installation;
- no need for the involvement of professionals, which saves money.
Methods compound webs linoleum
This problem does not affect only the owners of small kvartirok, where the rooms are not too large. For such rooms can be easy to pick up the linoleum, the width of which is greater than the size of the room, so take care of the beauty and strength of joints is not necessary - they simply will not.
If the large rooms, the one material web can not do - will join. Whichever way has not been laid linoleum, you can not just put next two cloth and leave it at that. Sooner or later, at the interface linoleum will be extended and will be uneven. In addition, when a wet cleaning coating will inevitably fall into the water, which will necessarily affect the state of the base floor, and on the linoleum. Therefore, one way or another by the joints should always be sealed.
This can be done in several ways:
- Making the weld using the nut. Method easy, but watch the nut in the middle of the room as something not desirable. In addition, it is not so flat, so as not to notice. Therefore, this option is best suited for the design of joints of linoleum on the junction of the two premises. Here, a narrow nut looks quite natural.
- Fastening of the adjacent blades by means of double-sided tape, one side of which is adhered to the base floor and the other - to the reverse side of linoleum webs in the seam area. A method for simple and cheap, but does not guarantee the reliability, aesthetics and joint tightness.
- Compound webs by hot welding. This option requires the use of special equipment and skills. Most often used for hot welding joints hard commercial linoleum, which is rarely lay in a residential area. A mild household linoleum class is easily damaged when exposed to high temperature.
- Cold welding of linoleum. For her, use a special glue. In this case, no equipment is required - the balloon is made in such a way that makes it possible to apply the adhesive at exactly the right place.
Therefore, affordable for the average consumer method accurate and reliable connection linoleum edges is namely cold welding.
Cold welding technology linoleum
In fact, it is not welding in pure form, but simply a qualitative bonding linoleum seams. And only need to use a special glue - he guarantees quality seam.
For this purpose, three types of glue used:
- Glue type A. It has a liquid consistency and is therefore perfectly penetrates even in the most narrow seams and crevices. This option is ideal for gluing soft linoleum, and after drying the seam is almost impossible to discern. This adhesive is indispensable in conjunction with webs pattern or a complex pattern.
- Adhesive type C. It is much thicker than the previous, and therefore is able to reliably close the seams and cracks up to 4 m. The adhesive fills the wide joint, reliably connecting the webs together. It is often used for joining already exploited coatings, cloth which "broke" or subjected to shrinkage, as well as for the repair of fractures and cracks linoleum.
- Glue type T. It should not be used alone, as there are necessary skills. Furthermore, this adhesive has a high toxicity. It is mainly used for welding linoleum on polyester basis.
A set of necessary materials is limited:
- Knife construction;
- metal ruler (preferably long);
- double sided tape;
- masking tape;
- spray adhesive.
It is very important before laying linoleum good, clean and align the base. If there are bumps and cracks, they must be eliminated, especially if you plan to use the soft linoleum.
Before gluing linoleum need to be expanded in a room and let stand for two - three days.
Then the work is done in the following order:
- A very important step is linoleum Cutting edges of two adjacent panels. To do this, they overlapped and ruler mark a cutting line. Next, with a ruler, both layers of linoleum cut simultaneously. This forms a perfect edge adjacent to each other.
- The panels are placed on the installation site and fixed to the base of two-sided tape or mastic.
- Before gluing must be protected from possible edge linoleum adhesive contact, since it dissolves linoleum and may damage the front face coating. For this purpose on the edges of panels glued masking tape, leaving free only a gap junction.
- The tip of the tube is formed as a thin cone, which implies adhesive. We must work slowly, realizing uniform supply of glue to the seam. All work is to slowly and gently hold the tip of the balloon along the seam. adhesive bead width should be about 3 - 4 mm. This will provide a guaranteed penetration into the seam of glue and a reliable connection sections linoleum.
The glue applied to the seam completely dry for 2 - 3 hours (more precisely indicated on the tube). Excess adhesive is not necessary to remove as long as it does not dry out, otherwise there is the likelihood of damage to the front side of linoleum or ugly smear glue on it, which inevitably ruin the appearance of the floor (for fresh glue dissolves the linoleum). After drying, any excess adhesive can be easily cut with a surface with a sharp tool. Improve the quality of the seam will help it ironed something heavy.
The result is a durable and practically imperceptible seam which is not deformed, and color coincides with linoleum.
If you need to repair a cracked old coating, it is better to use an adhesive type C, it perfectly close, even quite wide gaps.
Using high-quality glue and proper preparation for the laying of linoleum for many years to ensure the durability and tightness of the coating.
How to dock linoleum
Linoleum for decades remains a popular material for floor covering. He is inexpensive, and is represented by a large assortment of colors and patterns. This material is light work. All stages of repair can be done independently, without the involvement of teams of repairmen. The only thing that can cause difficulties during installation, so it is docked bands. The resulting joint is able to spoil the look, so the performance of this work is very important. Let's see how to dock the linoleum.
Before you finally decide how to connect the joints of linoleum, explore different methods. Knowing about their features, you will be able to make an independent choice. So there are actually two ways to trim connections - it is hot and cold.
Hot welding of linoleum
Hot method requires the use of special equipment, the availability of expertise and the type used for commercial linoleum (mild household will not work). In this method the material is heated to 400 degrees. The result is a strong and durable joint that can withstand active use.
In everyday life it is most often used cold joining method. Then apply a special glue. In total there are two types - this is A and C.
Bonding linoleum cold welding
If you decide to join with glue-type, it is necessary to perform the following work:
- It should be clear from the connection point of different pollutants. To this we must take particular responsibility. It is best to wash the edge strips of linoleum water, but then allow them to dry.
- Then use masking tape. With it, the joint is sealed and the nearby portion of linoleum. You can stick tape overlap.
- With the knife, cut the tape at the joint.
- Now take a tube of glue type A. On opening it, they fill the entire space of the resulting cut in the adhesive tape. Thus it is necessary to monitor the height of the resulting "bortika9raquo ;, its value should not exceed 4 mm.
- Now we give the layer to dry. As a rule, it will be enough for 15-20 minutes.
- After drying remove adhesive tape. Thus undesirably disturb seam gluing.
- We are waiting for about an hour without performing any work. During this time, the joint completely cured.
- If the resulting "bortik9raquo; the glue heavily favored, it can accurately cut using a carpenter's knife.
In doorways you can dock the linoleum special aluminum doorsteps.
If you did everything slowly and carefully, then the connection will turn out smooth and durable.
Adhesive does not spread
If Type A adhesive is only suitable for use with the new coating, the type C can also be used to repair the old linoleum. The principle of operation is the same. The only difference is that the use masking tape is not necessary. Adhesive Type C not more dense and be spread. And all the other stages of doing the same.
Whatever means of connections between two pieces of linoleum is you have not used, it is important to remember safety. Both types of glue can damage human health, if get into the body. Therefore, the work should be done with an open window (it is better that the room was drafty), wearing a mask and gloves. After working the room should also be properly ventilated.
with other floor coverings Compound
Docking laminate with linoleum
In the modern design of residential premises is often used several variants of flooring. For example, in one room may be present ceramic tile and linoleum. What to do in this case?
To connect such coating can take advantage of special aluminum nut. Today, such material is widely represented in the stores. You can even use a regular nut. In this case, it is attached at the interface with conventional screws. There nut consisting of two strips. The first is attached directly to the floor. The second strap, decorative, is put on the first, as a result are not visible on the surface of the cap by screws, and the compound is more aesthetically pleasing.
If the coating thickness is different, it is possible to raise a little edge. Paul leveled cement screed or placing a piece of plywood under the edge of linoleum. It is important to correctly calculate all sizes, not to large gap turned out. Then you can use all the same nut or construction adhesive.
Multilevel aluminum nut
But you can do easier - buy a nut, the ability to connect with different levels of coverage. Typically, such designs can hide the difference of half a centimeter. Such sills are often used in conjunction laminate and linoleum.
These sills can be mounted in three different ways:
- Through. In this case, the nut is applied to the joint location (with the setting for each type of floor materials) and is attached by means of screws. This method is useful if the height difference is negligible.
- Using countersunk fastener strips. This method allows to make the compound more beautiful place, since the upper bracket is smooth and has no openings. The fastening strap is fastened to the floor on the screws, while it firmly presses the floor covering. Already thereto via recesses attached upper decorative strip.
- With the application of adhesive. This connection is used quite rarely. It does not allow to achieve sufficient strength, but to make it easier than previous versions. In place of the dock floor coating liquid nails is pushed decorative strip. Then you need to wait for the complete drying (it is best to all the time bar was under load). Instead, liquid nails, you can use any other construction adhesive, silicone-based best.
As you can see, the methods of linoleum compounds with each other or with other floor coverings enough. In order to fully understand the characteristics of each method, be sure to view the video.
Commercial linoleum and similar materials can be only qualitatively dock hot welding.